Feb 2006

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

So "Vegas" it is then, I'd love to see the support act

or

Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
aims
Overbomber

Looks like I won't be seeing York University for another couple of years then, grades permitting. Oh well. I've loved them long distance, but Vegas is pushing it.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:Viva! Las Vegas it is then :D
way, way outta ma league
and the bastard link didn't show flight prices at over twelve hundred pounds!
avoid :|
Fly via Brussels, would cost £369.90 - Continental, there's a SN flight directly from Glasgow to Brussels, and they're reasonably cheap :wink:
Yeh, but you have to go via the cesspit of revoltingness that is Glasgow... :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dark wrote:
Johnny M wrote:
Motz wrote:Very interested John.

Parents probably not so. And I doubt that "Sisters Anniversary Gig" is an "Approved Sporting Activity" or any of the other weak excuses available :von:
Talk to my mate Paul. :wink:
Alternatively, if Planet Dave is going, you could be going there to "pick up some medicine". :von:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Do you know what the yanks are like in such matters? For that comment you'll (and I'll) probably be whisked off 'for a chat' if we ever so much as step off a plane over there. :eek: :roll: :lol: Which fortunately I never plan to do (again).

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford £3.69, so Vegas is a bit of a non-starter anyway.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:Viva! Las Vegas it is then :D
way, way outta ma league
and the bastard link didn't show flight prices at over twelve hundred pounds!
avoid :|
Fly via Brussels, would cost £369.90 - Continental, there's a SN flight directly from Glasgow to Brussels, and they're reasonably cheap :wink:
Yeh, but you have to go via the cesspit of revoltingness that is Glasgow... :innocent:
They fly from other places within the UK as well, but I adapted it to the person, you know :wink:

Anyway, no way I could possibly afford that, I'm affraid, or I must win the lottery :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Bunch of ARSE!

I, for one will not be there, up yours E! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

Who bothers about the support band when you can do this instead?

Look at the display. Am I not the lucky one?
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well, it pays the trip back home, doesn't it :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
canon docre
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Well, it pays the trip back home, doesn't it :lol:
Wrong Z! that will be taken care of by the guy I'll foolishly marry in a drive-through wedding chapel whilst completely wasted. :P 8)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

The priest being an Elvis impersonator, I hope? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote::lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

And just think, if you had waited 'till February, you could have got Eldrich to Marry you :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
canon docre
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Obviousman wrote::lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

And just think, if you had waited 'till February, you could have got Eldrich to Marry you :twisted:
I hope to find someone with more change at the Black Jack table. 8)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Deviancy wrote:The Sisters in Vegas in February...

Does that not rock?
No. It's BOLLOCKS. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
pikkrong
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Does that not rock?
No. It's BOLLOCKS. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
bloody true.
(am i repeting myself?)
do i drive
or am i driven
Dan
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Does that not rock?
Yeah, it totally rocks! I think the whole thing is hilarious. Knowing Eldritch's perverse sense of humour this is exactly the sort of silly stunt I'd have expected him to do. I can just imagine him now in his white suit, on stage as support act to Barry Manilow in some glitzy Vegas venue, then joining Mr Manilow towards the end of his set for a duet of 'Mandy'.
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Does that not rock?
Yeah, it totally rocks! I think the whole thing is hilarious. Knowing Eldritch's perverse sense of humour this is exactly the sort of silly stunt I'd have expected him to do. I can just imagine him now in his white suit, on stage as support act to Barry Manilow in some glitzy Vegas venue.
which means i suppose that you can afford to go?

Dan
Overbomber

I have no intention of going. Assuming it isn't a farewell gig I'm sure there'll be others.
eastmidswhizzkid

let's hope so -but why then not do the 25th anniversary here and do vegas some other time? whoever's pay-rolling the gig must be a fan (as someone said over in sisters chat).

Dan
Overbomber

If it's a fan hopefully he's got enough money left over to pay for a DVD release of the gig.
aims
Overbomber

But why would a real fan lure Von away from the place that he knows to be the band's "spiritual home" for such a special occassion as the 25th anniversary? Someone with that amount of money can surely afford a plane ticket to wherever the girls are playing, without thoroughly pissing off a large proportion of their fellow fans :von:
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote:If it's a fan hopefully he's got enough money left over to pay for a DVD release of the gig.
and maybe a world tour to promote the album he's going to finance? :lol:
if it's some big rich american fan then it could be more likely than you think.

Dan
Overbomber

Motz wrote:But why would a real fan lure Von away from the place that he knows to be the band's "spiritual home" for such a special occassion as the 25th anniversary? Someone with that amount of money can surely afford a plane ticket to wherever the girls are playing, without thoroughly pissing off a large proportion of their fellow fans :von:
Good point. Maybe it was all Von's idea. Maybe he's having a Christmas joke and maybe it's York after all. Hopefully we'll find out the answers soon enough.
eastmidswhizzkid

Dan wrote:
Motz wrote:But why would a real fan lure Von away from the place that he knows to be the band's "spiritual home" for such a special occassion as the 25th anniversary? Someone with that amount of money can surely afford a plane ticket to wherever the girls are playing, without thoroughly pissing off a large proportion of their fellow fans :von:
Good point. Maybe it was all Von's idea. Maybe he's having a Christmas joke and maybe it's York after all. Hopefully we'll find out the answers soon enough.
i'm still not convinced that it's not a big xmas joke...one that will kill his american fanbase off forever. :innocent:

aims
Overbomber

That would be great. Seriously.

If I recall correctly, one of the problems with the "new" (mid-90s :roll:) album was distribution in the States. If Von can whittle his fan base down to Europe alone, then maybe it'll be easier for a small independent to put an album out for him? :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Motz wrote:That would be great. Seriously.

If I recall correctly, one of the problems with the "new" (mid-90s :roll:) album was distribution in the States. If Von can whittle his fan base down to Europe alone, then maybe it'll be easier for a small independent to put an album out for him? :lol:
Do you seriously see him deliberately killing his own fanbase?

Now he's got a weird sense of humour, but I don't see him doing that, see how little of us there's left in Europe already...

I did find the Barry Manilow suggestion very comical though, Mandy instead of Emma/Jolene/... ? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr