Feb 2006

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Deviancy wrote:He played the Wiltern in 99?? WAAAAH...

Figures.. I was in Oregon from 99 to 01...

That's still what.. six years?

He's been doing gigs overseas on and off since then..

Our turn :D..
The Wiltern...: http://tours.tsom.org/1999ttpe/concerts/19991008.htm

Oh well it's okay with me though it's a pitty not to be able to join and celebrate their 25th. But we had some fine concerts overhere in this millenium.

Six years is a long time I guess. They did play in Vegas in 1999 as well (HOB). So I hope, if it's true which will be I guess, you have a great time especially when you are able to do some recording and put it on a certain list in this certain thread. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

I'm just shocked they were out in LA and no one hyped it up on alt.gothic or anywhere. Or maybe they did and I was too busy drinking.. I don't remember 99 very clearly now that I think about it.

What is his fanbase like these days. I noticed quite a few said the shows haven't exactly filled up. I mean he hasn't had "product" in ages which kills off most bands so I often wonder how many even care about the Sisters anymore. I mean I know I never hear them at the clubs anymore.. it's all vnv this and vnv that.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have fun you Atlanteans, take nice pics and record nice boots. I can scrape the money for a flight, but a few days' hotel rooms in Vegas is a bit strong for my wallet :urff:

After a drought that long, you lot probably deserve it you buggers.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Francis
Overbomber

Well, if Mohammed won't come to the Mountain...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I can't afford Vegas. Come to NY!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

CorpPunk wrote:I can't afford Vegas. Come to NY!
Phoenix?
"as we walk on the floodland"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Never mind Vegas. Just booked my hotel and train for bauhaus in Glasgow on Jan 28th! Now, where's my eyeliner and black nail polish? :lol:
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:Never mind Vegas. Just booked my hotel and train for bauhaus in Glasgow on Jan 28th! Now, where's my eyeliner and black nail polish? :lol:
How about the hat-trick though, Bunnymen December, Bauhaus January, Von Feb? 8)
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Not bad, but everyone knows the best Bunnymen gig of the year was in October, in Glasgow. :notworthy:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote:Never mind Vegas. Just booked my hotel and train for bauhaus in Glasgow on Jan 28th! Now, where's my eyeliner and black nail polish? :lol:
You could have crashed at my place you twit! You could still cancel the hotel if you don't mind sharing my living room with a large and greedy cat. :)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

all sour grapes aside (well it is christmas) it looks like an american tour is on the cards so congratulations you lucky bastards! unless my lottery numbers come up (which would be difficult as i don't do the lottery) i won't be able to make it so have a good time for me as well while you're at it. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

I'm sorry but I for one am NOT happy about this bloody tour that looks offical as to being las vegas...well I would like to know, for the rest of us poor European gents and ladies, what will take place in York on the 16th of Feb.? Us HL crowd drowning our sorrows?

Oohh, wait we have a HL birthday bash to attend or not?

Come on QB let us know when that is taking place even if we listen to The Sisters Of Mercy all night we can at least get pissed and do it together?

Oohh and the dancing and the singing and the smoking of illegal substances and we are allowed to wear stutted belts and we can get away with more than the fans that go to the gig anyway.

Get my drift, not happy that Sisters are doing America first.
Nuff said and going to dye my grey hairs.

Yeah...edited because I actually love you all...
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 29 Dec 2005, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Debaser
Overbomber

I for one will NOT be happy if a Heartland do occurs at that time.

Quiffy please check my tour itinery before planning owt :D :D :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Andrew S wrote:
You could have crashed at my place you tw*t! You could still cancel the hotel if you don't mind sharing my living room with a large and greedy cat. :)
Thanks for the kind offer Andrew, but I quite enjoy doing the hotel thing, and it was only £49 for the room. I'm gonna be up and off early next morning and it's only 5 minutes from the train station.

Thanks again though :notworthy: much appreciated!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

can we NOT have a TSOM/HL do in the middle of a darkness tour? i mean.. honestly...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bugger! no way i can afford to do vegas in feb :o

and i'm not going to be a HL do in feb unless fraser rings me tomorrow and says he's booked the venue, and sorted a weekender out with phono paul :lol:

and given that paul is still trying to find a new venue to use now that the phono is closed, its not really going to happen :|

without wanting to sideline this thread i will also mention that i havent yet started thinking about the next HL do. april seems like the best time as its a HL (mk. 1) birthday, but there are external factors at play before i can do anything:

- fraser and/or eblue need to be available
- the george (or similar) needs booking
- need to look into planning a full weekend itinerary with phono paul
- paul needs somewhere to host his club nights and/or gigs
- it needs to not clash with whitby, or fall anywhere near whitb (so that people have some money left, and to maximise the potential # of people who might come)

i will look into doing something, and i promise i'll try and give you as much notice as possible...

meanwhile, all those going to vegas in feb (or even york!! :lol: :roll:) best of luck. bastards :lol: :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?