Will it kill me?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

I've discovered some rolo yogurty dessert things in my fridge with a use by date of 17/12/05. I really like them though. I've opened one and it looks ok. Even tasted it. Mmmm! Should I? Or am I going to regret it later? Any food hygienists in the house?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Normally the best before dates are taken rather wide, don't know when you bought it though. But about two weeks for something yoghurt-related seems too long to me :lol:

You don't want to be sick on new year's eve, do you? :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Eat them!
Eat them all!!

I am the world's biggest Rolo dessert fan.
I love them.
Why would they go off? Additives and E-Numbers last forever!!

:D :D

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Francis
Overbomber

I'm don't think they're yoghurt-related at all actually, Zeno. And streamline has given me the encoragement I was looking for. It only takes one idiot to say 'do it' and I'm there. :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

That's the spirit, Francis, no fear at all. Even not for blubbery looking substances that are starting to grow a greenish fluffy coat :P
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
streamline
Slight Overbomber

...and I am always glad to be the idiot...

:lol: :lol:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
canon docre
Overbomber

You ask the wrong person here. Quite recently I poured some banana powder (for making a banana milk shake) in a glass of milk. After stirring thoroughly I wondered that the colour of the shake was green. Then I checked the date: it has expired end of the 80s. :eek:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

canon docre wrote:You ask the wrong person here. Quite recently I poured some banana powder (for making a banana milk shake) in a glass of milk. After stirring thoroughly I wondered that the colour of the shake was green. Then I checked the date: it has expired end of the 80s. :eek:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

That's the best one I've ever heard...

You know, some people really go too far on expiry dates, I once catched a friend of mine throwing away dried herbs (you know, those in the glass jars) that had expired about a month ago :roll: :roll:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

:lol: a few weeks ago we found some soup from the early 90s in our kitchen.
It looked more like mud than fresh vegetables but I’m used to that anyway :P :roll:

Though Z’s right. The date is taken rather wide, and more as u use for shopkeepers. After that date they aren’t aloud to sell a item but its still good.

Of course you don’t have to push your luck Francis
Francis
Overbomber

Well, no adverse effects yet. And as an added bonus I'll get to eat them all as Luke won't touch anything that's a minute past its use-by date.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Francis wrote: And as an added bonus I'll get to eat them all as Luke won't touch anything that's a minute past its use-by date.
A bonus indeed - I have been lucky enough to try a Rolo dessert myself and they are truly beautiful :notworthy:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i think i'm missing out
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i think i'm missing out
Get to the shops EM!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not in this weather... mr s has illadvisedly gone to the gym in it. silly boy.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:not in this weather... mr s has illadvisedly gone to the gym in it. silly boy.
True - I got invited to a friends later this evening but I can't face trudging up a hill in 4 inches of snow
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

indeed, no. definitely not.
Debaser
Overbomber

Yoghurt is just gone off milk any way - so I hardly think a couple more weeks of yakkiness is going to do anything.

Things made from mucked about milk are just wrong on sooooooooooo many levels BLEURGH :urff:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dan
Overbomber

Francis wrote:I've discovered some rolo yogurty dessert things in my fridge with a use by date of 17/12/05. I really like them though. I've opened one and it looks ok. Even tasted it. Mmmm! Should I? Or am I going to regret it later? Any food hygienists in the house?
Open it. Sniff it. If it smells ok then it's ok to eat.
If in doubt taste some. If it tastes yuck then it's gone off.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Last week I went over to a friends' and had a few beer. Afterwards I noted a before September Twentysomething date. Tasted nice....no problems afterwards....
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

... and anyway, if it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger...
to be continued?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Indeed James. And after 3x200mg Ibuprofen, 2 bottles of San Miguel. A Morrisons Tex Mex, 4 pints of Stella, 2 pints of Sam Smiths Pure Lager and a bottle of Wolfblass Cabernet Sauvignon. Who gives a fnck? :lol:

I really must give up smoking.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ozpat wrote:Last week I went over to a friends' and had a few beer. Afterwards I noted a before September Twentysomething date. Tasted nice....no problems afterwards....
Good beer can get better over the years, like Trappist, allegedly...

Bad beer can get very bad though :urff: Reminds me I found a bottle of bear expired in 2000 a week ago in our cellar fridge (which we used for the first time in years because of Christmas)... The stink :urff: (and when I wanted to pour it into the sink, it covered me with foam :roll: )
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Obviousman wrote:
Ozpat wrote:Last week I went over to a friends' and had a few beer. Afterwards I noted a before September Twentysomething date. Tasted nice....no problems afterwards....
Good beer can get better over the years, like Trappist, allegedly...

Bad beer can get very bad though :urff: Reminds me I found a bottle of bear expired in 2000 a week ago in our cellar fridge (which we used for the first time in years because of Christmas)... The stink :urff: (and when I wanted to pour it into the sink, it covered me with foam :roll: )
and the moral of that story is to drink beer not bear :lol:
christophe
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:and the moral of that story is to drink beer not bear :lol:
how the hell can beer get expired? :eek:
Milk shake, soup, rolo yogurt dessert (whatever that may be) I can understand, but for the love of God Z how can you forget about beer?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

lazarus corporation wrote:and the moral of that story is to drink beer not bear :lol:
It was early when I typed that :P

Anyway: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

How do you drink bear, btw? :eek:

@Christophe: Don't drink beer myself, but it was one of those plastic bottles of Stella they gave away some years ago. If they didn't give it away for free no-one would have ever had it, I guess :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr