Floodland ~ Not

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

http://news.independent.co.uk/environme ... 336087.ece

should the southern softies be allowed to bathe, or should the plants flourish :roll:

kinda ironic, seeing as with luck, most of it is 'supposed' to become a floodland due to climate change :P
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

too serious a topic eh! don't know why i bother

back to currently being a bun :?
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I haven't read the whole article, just skimmed it.

It does seem ironic that on a relatively small island surrounded by water (yes I know the sea's salty, but still) that we're increasingly faced with problems like these.

There are steps you can take to cut down water usage, such as re-using dirty water from the washing machine to flush your loo with, but as usual, inertia, public indifference, the "something ought to be done (as long as I don't have to do it and it doesn't cost me anything)" mentality all stand in the way.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Like you say this shouldn't be a problem when we're surrounded by water - so why should we be told to cut down, if the system (as with all things) chooses not to cope.
As for areas becoming a Floodland I'd very much like to see the South-West have that fate, once I've left of course. :twisted:
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Driven wrote:As for areas becoming a Floodland I'd very much like to see the South-West have that fate, once I've left of course. :twisted:
So long as a GM apple variety is bred that can survive prolonged immersion in water :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

water shortages in the uk still make me laugh,
abit like when its suddently "too hot" for the trains to run,
soon as it gets over 30 c!

you don't know what a Drought is!

anyway, more seriously, I wonder how long its going to take for
people to stop chuckling at environmental impact stories to do with "climate change"
(i.e. global warming) and start realising that its real :urff:
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
Driven wrote:As for areas becoming a Floodland I'd very much like to see the South-West have that fate, once I've left of course. :twisted:
So long as a GM apple variety is bred that can survive prolonged immersion in water :lol:
For Cider :?: Yuck to that too. :wink: