old SISTERS tees

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

has anyone got any old sisters tees? the ones that say "sisters" on the front, and "1991" or "reptile" or somesuch on the back?

have you got any scans or photos?

is the writing in upper or lowercase? is it the normal caslon antique font in white, or an outlined version?

:)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

afaik it's 16.02.91 on the front (or is it 14-- i forget)... erm.. and I forget what the back is like. I'll let you know.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sam donut wrote:afaik it's 16.02.91 on the front (or is it 14-- i forget)... erm.. and I forget what the back is like. I'll let you know.
it will be 16 ;)

if you can get a piccy that would be ace. cheers :)
Karst
Slight Overbomber

sam donut wrote: I forget what the back is like. I'll let you know.
I don't think there's anything on it.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i know someone who roadied for them at that time and has a tour crew-only tee one that says "dispensible" on the back ;) :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I've still got my '91 tour shirt - though it's pretty much a dustrag at this point... :( Does that count? ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

my memory of said tee is that it sez sisters 16 blah blah blah and nowt on the back

however, my memory could be blurred by the fact it's just taken me 7.5 hours to get from just outside of London to Leeds...all because a lickle ickle bit of fookin' snow has fallen...

...Any Southerners here? If so, do tell me why your part of the country grinds to a complete standstill when the snow starts to fall? Captain Mainwairing's "Don't Panic, Don't Panic!" echoes around the South every time this happens...and I bet there'll be piccies of the "Snow Hell" on the front of all the papers tomorrow...despite the fact that The North (remember us?) does suffer from this Every So Often...not to mention Scotland (yeah, that bit at the top which had a low of minus 18 degrees the other week)...Fook's sake...GET IT SORTED!!!!!!!!

F**king TSK!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Amused to death...
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lars Svensson wrote:my memory of said tee is that it sez sisters 16 blah blah blah and nowt on the back

however, my memory could be blurred by the fact it's just taken me 7.5 hours to get from just outside of London to Leeds...all because a lickle ickle bit of fookin' snow has fallen...

...Any Southerners here? If so, do tell me why your part of the country grinds to a complete standstill when the snow starts to fall? Captain Mainwairing's "Don't Panic, Don't Panic!" echoes around the South every time this happens...and I bet there'll be piccies of the "Snow Hell" on the front of all the papers tomorrow...despite the fact that The North (remember us?) does suffer from this Every So Often...not to mention Scotland (yeah, that bit at the top which had a low of minus 18 degrees the other week)...Fook's sake...GET IT SORTED!!!!!!!!

F**king TSK!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
people from here begin to panic when there's no snow in the winter:
"what the f*** - still november, grey ground and water, always november from october to may" and so on. but now we have snow again. nice. but the wind is too harsh. and degrees -10 and less.
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

actually i wanted to say that it seems to me i saw this "reptile" t-shirt in ebay recently.
but i can be wrong.
talking about myself i have only one very worn-out "Body and Soul" t-shirt (i bought from one London market in 1997) and one with their old logo.
i do hope i got a new one in Berlin and it would be very good if it were size "medium". in M'era Luna i started to look for them already in the first morning but there wasn't them yet and when i asked them again the next morning, they were sold out :(
do i drive
or am i driven
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The earliest shirts I have are:

Tour Thing (in black, Vision Thing album cover on the front, 1991 European tour dates on the back.)

Reptile House long sleeve (in black, white head n star logo on the front, "SISTERS REPTILE" on the back, "The Sisters Of Mercy" on the left sleeve.

SISTERS 31.7.93 (black tee with white outline caslon antique lettering, no back print).

JESUS LOVES THE SISTERS (one of my favourites this one, in black with big white caslon antique lettering on the front, "REPTILE HOUSE" on the back.

Vision Thing 'all over' shirt. In grey and black with the 'eye' logo spread all over the front and back, small head n star logo on the front.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I have 1984 black October t-shrit very tired,

1985 tune in turn on.... very very tired,

original first & last, now grey and holed

my favourite out of the 50 or so I own/ once owned is the
"I was wrong " Reading t-shirt

....and the oddest is the vision thing american footballer with the lyrics superimposed over the top

and how many of us once owned that horrible bootleg one with the purple splurge and sisters of mercy in huge letters?
Goths have feelings too
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Jeez yeah, I remember that one! I think it can still be found on sale in Camden Market if you look hard enough. :?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

has anyone got any photos or scans of the plain "slogan" ones? :)
Debaser
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:I have 1984 black October t-shrit very tired,

1985 tune in turn on.... very very tired,

original first & last, now grey and holed

The fear of retaliation prevents me from saying what I'm thinking!

Oh what the hell

Old get!

Debaser
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I always liked the "need it want it" skinny.

I've still got my vision thing all over print, but my girlfriend's appropriated it as a nighty.

Got my revenge though. "2 tix to leeds please".

Hah.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
pikkrong
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
Lars Svensson wrote:my memory of said tee is that it sez sisters 16 blah blah blah and nowt on the back

people from here begin to panic when there's no snow in the winter:
"what the f*** - still november, grey ground and water, always november from october to may" and so on. but now we have snow again. nice. but the wind is too harsh. and degrees -10 and less.
sorry.
today i heard from the radio you have serious problems with snow storms.
my apologies.
do i drive
or am i driven
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I used to have - black october shirt , tune in shirt , first last shirt & others .
The only one I have now is my head/star shirt from 1984 . It`s faded , split right down both sides , no sleeves . To be honest I really don`t know why I`ve kept it when I`ve thrown so many others away .
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I used to have the good Old First and Last T-shirt, as I remember it went all grey and tired as early as 89!

And I only bought it in 88!

Next time I see Von, I'm asking for me money back!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

paint it black wrote: and how many of us once owned that horrible bootleg one with the purple splurge and sisters of mercy in huge letters?
MEMEME!!! And I still have it! :D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I've still got a FALAA bootleg shirt...
Andy TG
Overbomber

Does anyone know where I ca get hold of a (very) cheap - US tour of 91 - its the pruple one with von doing a side on pose - i have lost the bloody thing - and would very muvh to get another one

The earliest t shirt I have is "adronochrome" (in near mint!) and two very old head and star 85's - mostly covered in paint!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Just watch Ebay for a few weeks, one will turn up!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

Wop !

Hey Andythegoth, i've got the violet one; bought in france in 92; and still pretty resistant ;)

I got also the head on black and Body & Soul, but tired...
I used to have Alice bought in Camden with my first Only Theatre of pain shirt (RIP Rozz !) Finished in lambs. :(

Remember the one white with a gondole (or something like a boat). This bootleg shirt could have been a good sleeve, non ?

I'd like to get one L size of head on black with 1985 date. Still the best.
Saw it this summer in Camden, but didn't buy it ! Out of money.

What about posters ?
Still got FLA, Temple of Love, and Body and Soul (my favorite) ! 8)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Anton Albrecht wrote: What about posters ?
Still got FLA, Temple of Love, and Body and Soul (my favorite) ! 8)
I've still got a Vision Thing-era poster...
Andy TG
Overbomber

As for Posters- Temple of Love (83 and 92) Under The Gun, Adrenochrome, Reptile House, FALAA, BW Vision Thing Group Shot, ASCOO Promo, and a couple of others of various Von pics!
(and more "cuttings" than I can wave a very big stick at!)

The Purple/Violet T shirt I am after was on Ebay a few months back - with 7 (seven) others and they went for less than £20.00 (30 euro) - I was gutted! :-(
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M