What is the most expensive record you ever have bought ?

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hmm, must be Halloween´s Day and Armageddon Outtakes
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
lachert
Overbomber

It's Woody Allen "Manhattan" soundtrack :grin:
What about the Sisters :eek:
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

hmmm...
dominion cd single, lucretia cd single
and a cd single of gnr's november rain that was only released in japan in very limited copies. it's also one of those minidisc sized cd singles.
dead stars

All of them.

:von:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Ooo.....

about a tenner for my fully autographed Alice 7"

and £15 for Body Electric :razz:

but £25 for the quality of Mercy. Go Figure :von:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

it has to be £40 for an italian 1st pressing of a Christian Death album... cant even remember which one now! had a dark blue sleeve with a painting onof a red "devil" figure attacking a woman (i think?!?!) :eek:

after that it would be about £20 for another C.D. record - the "Deathwish EP", again on an italian lable, with lyric insert. mint condition.

hmm. i think at the time i was more into the idea of owning some obscure and fairly expensive stuff rather than actually being a massive C.D. fan :roll: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

ah! well

if the question was what is the biggest bargain you've had?

It would be a C.D album QB. I paid £6.00 for Ashes the gatefold/double 12" version. A few years back was offered £50 for it.
Acquired from that basement record store that used to be near the Sasha? hotel in Manchester.

Other than that

erm...

50p for a mint Upside down 7" :grin:

Goths have feelings too
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

50 euro for a mint BE/Adreno 7" :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Into the valley/skids on white vinyl for £18 back in 86 i think was the most i'd paid.

I remember giving vinyl underground £7 for Body and soul 7' with the picture sleeve. Bargain now like but i was on a YTS then so it was a days pay :smile:
Drsisters

think i payed over 200 euro for the bootleg halloween´s day and 150 euro for both armageddon outtakes and halloween in arkham each. 500 euro for 3 boots, rotflmao, must be insane some days :wink:

might buy the wea promo box for 500 euro also.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Andy TG
Overbomber

In 1989 (i think!) I parted with £40.00 :eek: of my hard earned cash for Sisters "Through The Years" 3 album bootleg boxset - a Newcastle gig and a Brighton gig!

3 months later (after taping it onto very high quality tapes) i sold it back to the same dealer at the same record fair for the same money - Go Figure..... :roll:

The most expensive 7" i bought would have to be Jolene by Strawberry Switchblade - about 10 years ago in London - it was £7.00! :evil:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Yup, it's got to be the Floodland CD singles for me. But wow, what a rush.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

£50 for a Kraftwerk live album (you might ask what's the point, but there you go)

Plus about £45 for the Residents' Third Reich 'n' Roll on vinyl...Utterly impossible to listen to (well, almost...prize for that prob goes to Metal Machine Music!)

But bargain was Sisters' Disguised In Black (live Tiffany's Newcastle '85) which I managed to find in some obscure little shop in Uppsala, Sweden for £25 when it was going for £50 in Leeds! And it's fookin' brilliant...surely the best sisters bootleg (that's for another thread I assume, in fact I think it's already been done!)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :eek: :D 8)
Amused to death...
Gary

Quality Of Mercy

and i think it was about £25 which to a 15 year old was a lot ;)
karin

The most money I've spent on a record was when I bought my own copy of Killing Joke's 10" Turn to Red EP back from the record and tape exchange in Notting Hill, way back in '87 or so. It had been burgled off me by a drug-addled, scum sucking moron of whom I have since forgiven ( Hi Steve ) and sold to said tape exchange. I tracked it down and saw it behind the counter amid the rows of inner-sleeved records on the shelf (sorry, I'm getting emotional ) I recognised it like it was my own baby. Typically, the sharks in the tape exchange charged me the going rate for my own record.
As well as loads of other treasured stuff I lost Led Zep I in that heist, the first record ever given to me by my big brother when I was about eight.[/i]
karin

Oh right . Forgot . They charged me 15 quid. ( Bastards)
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

Death In June - Born Again 12''
nearly 100 Euros in leipzig in 1998...
:innocent:
RobF

Give it to me now :!: :twisted:

Death in june collecting is almost as destructive to ones bank account as a hefty Heroin habit.

I paid rather too much for a mint copy of PIL's Metal Box about 10 years ago, it would probably still be worth summat if the bloody tin hadn't gone rusty :urff: Damn those years in damp student housing :evil:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

sisters-wise the most expensive thing was the Event Horizon Bootleg, which was 29 Eurodollars. It was completely new, still packaged.
Since then I am wondering if all copies of it have this misprint on the CD where it says "Even Horizon" :?:

On the other hand I am just a poor student so I am more looking for good deals than expensive records (just bought "Millenium Done I: Empire Songs" album and "Second Generation" maxi by The Merry Thoughts for 10 Eurodollars, still packaged, too) :notworthy: :von:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Heartless wrote:
On the other hand I am just a poor student so I am more looking for good deals than expensive records (just bought "Millenium Done I: Empire Songs" album and "Second Generation" maxi by The Merry Thoughts for 10 Eurodollars, still packaged, too) :notworthy: :von:
is it a secret where did you get them from? :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:
Heartless wrote:
is it a secret where did you get them from? :wink:
ebay
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I bought the Echoes box set with poster for 40 pound around 1994/5 at a local record fair. They also had a 8cd box set with loads of demos etc for 80 pounds. Unfortunately I didn't have the money for that as well... :(

Plus I picked up Anaconda and Alice 7" brand new in Selectadisc in London around 1996 for 50p each. I know they were reprints, but I can't tell the difference to be honest! :D

Oh and 7 quid for the Grooving In Green 7" by The March Violets. That song kicks ass.
Last edited by CellThree on 15 Feb 2003, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Thea
Overbomber

the most i ever paid....

£10? £12 something like that. if a record or cd or whatever is more thab £4 i usually leave it and look for a cheaper one :P