Die Krupps

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:What I wanted to say but you said it better B :wink:

I still listen to Loits though
Tanks! ;D :kiss:

I must say I'm curious about these guys now... are they metal Libs?
Yes indeedy -
look for "El Kahetse Midagi" (most recent album)

:D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:What I wanted to say but you said it better B :wink:

I still listen to Loits though
Tanks! ;D :kiss:

Yes indeedy -

Clean vocals or no?

How much like the mighty 'Bach are they?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote: Tanks! ;D :kiss:

Yes indeedy -

Clean vocals or no?

How much like the mighty 'Bach are they?
PM time! :wink:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Although I appreciate your intelligent analyses, ladies, I still have to say that I had considering to delete my last post - just because it's a thread dedicated to a wonderful, powerful band called DIE KRUPPS :notworthy: (and all the other things deserve a different topic... maybe). My fault (to f*** up this thread), sorry.
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Tough cheddar.
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Tough cheddar.
Well don't put it back in the fridge without covering it up properly :roll: , I thought a posh Bird like you would've known that? :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
pikkrong
Overbomber

I was almost ready to talk about one unpleasant accident taking place at Krupps' gig.
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:I was almost ready to talk about one unpleasant accident taking place at Krupps' gig.
Be our guest.
pikkrong
Overbomber

well, some of you (those who have been at Die Krupps 25th anniversary tour gigs in 2005) probably know that Engler uses a big metal tube, beating it with metal sticks. in Rakvere (at Green Christmas festival) one guy got injured when Engler had thrown those sticks into the audience. a concussion of the brain :(
well, he got home after visiting a hospital but a week later had problems with memory.
life is bloody unfair - Jürgen Engler is probably one of the most friendly and kind rock / pop musicians on Earth. and a man who lives very healthy life - no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs. never used any of them - as he said.
well... here is another, much funnier story. after the gig (the next day) when the local mayor made an excursion for the band - they climbed in ruins of the ancient fortress, made a blast with an old cannon etc - there was one more ritual - to drink a local drink (including strong acohol) and other members of the band were very surprised, seeing Engler drinking alcohol for the first time through years (or decades - depending how many years some of them have been a member of Die Krupps) :D
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Sounds suspiciously like the situation at the McHeartland meet... :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Sounds suspiciously like the situation at the McHeartland meet... :innocent:
flying metal sticks? :eek:
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:
boudicca wrote:Sounds suspiciously like the situation at the McHeartland meet... :innocent:
flying metal sticks? :eek:
No, getting *someone* :innocent: :wink: who, as you know, is usually not the heaviest of drinkers, to partake of the old alky-hol.

And she held her own, oh yes she did! 8)
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Two vodie's and Coke's & Two Baily's by the time I left, who knows, by the time of the next Heartland p*ss up, you might be able to hold some real drink :innocent: :twisted: :kiss:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

scotty wrote:
boudicca wrote:
Two vodie's and Coke's & Two Baily's by the time I left, who knows, by the time of the next Heartland p*ss up, you might be able to hold some real drink :innocent: :twisted: :kiss:
Two more Baileys were consumed before they threw us out, then a vodka and orange at the hotel bar. And still the coke-fuelled jaikies that came up to hassle us (and compare me to Marylin bloody Monroe :urff: ) at closing time didn't look in the least bit attractive.
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:at closing time didn't look in the least bit attractive.
Now THAT I don't beleive 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

Who else loves Die Krupps? Which period do you prefer: 80s EBM or industrial with heavy guitars or their Nebauten-ish debut album?
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:Who else loves Die Krupps? Which period do you prefer: 80s EBM or industrial with heavy guitars or their Nebauten-ish debut album?
Oh, he tries! :lol:

Well you know I loves them.

No-one does Neubauten better than Neubauten, so I'd say late 80's/early 90's. Later they went to sounding a little *whisper* nu-metal, to me anyway. Rings of Steel is a cracking album tho' :notworthy: .
pikkrong
Overbomber

Anyway, they have been always better than Rammstein :von:
do i drive
or am i driven