tour venue capacities

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Mr Thorburn
Road Kill

are these usa gig venues big ( 1000+) or more cosy affairs?

is the view that the band will be doing tv/press/radio interviews stateside?

what on earth are they going to say? "hi, weve got no new product whatsover, but we're 25 years old this week/month". the radio dj says "really?, heres a track from 1984/1990 etc"

i cant believe that they wont be ( a 15 show us tour costs serious money).
Mr Thorburn
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Most venues are smaller than earlier US-tour(s). Capacity ranging from 1000-1800, except for Chicago (2800), Philadelphia (3500) and San Francisco (2200). Maybe some more venues has over 2000 capacity. Quite small tour though.

I don't think there will be any tv/press/radio interviews since there's no interest without a new product, and last time (99) it was none.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
James Blast
Banned

The Roxy, Atlanta

The Roxy can be found at 3110 Roswell road in the middle of Buckhead, right at the Peachtree Rd / Roswell Rd split. The old theater turned concert hall holds 1000 people between the downstairs standing room area and the upstairs seated balcony. The slanted floor results in another perfect place to watch a band. With the closing of the Cotton Club, The Roxy is now offering 1/2 show set ups for smaller bands wishing to play in front of 600-700 people.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:The Roxy, Atlanta, is now offering 1/2 show set ups for smaller bands wishing to play in front of 600-700 people.
James, what are you trying to say?
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Btw, while we are talking about capacity.. I'm wondering if someone has access to Bilboards BoxScores? It would be interesting to see the attendance and such for the tour. If they will publicate it that is?!
James Blast
Banned

Planet Dave wrote:James, what are you trying to say?
sayin' nowt, other than, I have relations (very rich relations, I may add) who live about 5 miles from Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Lucky bastard...

I'll make friends with some tramps, they always have some spare room :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
sayin' nowt, other than, I have relations (very rich relations, I may add) who live about 5 miles from Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia. :D
Nice one. 8)

'Hello rich relation, yeah, course I've come to see you. Erm, I'm just off to watch The Sisters. Could you pick me up in San Francisco in 3 weeks?'
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
iwaswrong
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:The Roxy, Atlanta

The Roxy can be found at 3110 Roswell road in the middle of Buckhead, right at the Peachtree Rd / Roswell Rd split. The old theater turned concert hall holds 1000 people between the downstairs standing room area and the upstairs seated balcony. The slanted floor results in another perfect place to watch a band. With the closing of the Cotton Club, The Roxy is now offering 1/2 show set ups for smaller bands wishing to play in front of 600-700 people.
We saw Siouxsie there once - it's a decent place / worlds above International Ballroom. I do like Masquerade better, though.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Mr Thorburn wrote:
is the view that the band will be doing tv/press/radio interviews stateside?
i
I really do hope that there will be at least one good interview. It has been a while since Von has spoken to his fans (and non fans) through the media. BBC 6 in 2003 was the last time IMO.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Grand Ballroom in Webster Hall (NYC) holds about 1400, I believe, all GA on the floor and then up on the balcony that overlooks the whole business. They installed a new sound system there in 2005. I think the floor still shakes, though....they evacuated the place in '05 after some people thought the floor would start buckling. It's ancient...wouldn't be surprised if the floor does give way. As long as it's after March of 2006, of course.

Roseland wasn't sold out in 1999....guess they opted for something a bit smaller, more manageable.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
You don't know me but I"ll be there- not rich though, so how's about your rich relative springing to buy random people that don't know you some drinks before/after the show?
If this is heaven I'm bailin' out.