And Mexico...

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mexico city and Monterrey, right after Austin and Dallas.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I couldn't find it. Time to catch something weird in Ensenada once again perhaps.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Hehe...only Austin was perhaps a surprise, the other three I could have put money on!

But it is interesting now that they have cancelled Tempe/Phoenix...are they really having a few days off in Ensenada?? There is suddenly a break of 4 days, much too long to be on a Sisters tour!
Last edited by euphoria on 10 Jan 2006, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Oh dear...maybe even more interesting; the text beneath now says that Warlocks are openers on all US and Canadian dates - but the text "we've only just begun to fill it" is still there :eek:
Multifaceted
Road Kill

So... does this mean this is the biggest North/Central American tour they've ever done?

And if they add at least two more shows it'll be the biggest tour since... 1991, am I right?

Excuse me if my calculations are off; I should be going to bed.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I think it does mean, unless they haven't just -forgotten- to remove the "we've just begun"-bit, that SF is not the last show. If that means Northwest dates or UK, I'm not sure.

My 2 cents.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Multifaceted wrote:So... does this mean this is the biggest North/Central American tour they've ever done?

And if they add at least two more shows it'll be the biggest tour since... 1991, am I right?

Tour Thing had 18 American dates....

This thingy has got 20 (so far) 8)

Biggest tour EVER on that continent. Without any new recordings.... :eek:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Multifaceted wrote:So... does this mean this is the biggest North/Central American tour they've ever done?
Mexico is still North America dude.

North America = Canada + (USA - Hawaii) + Mexico.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:Tour Thing had 18 American dates....

And if they add at least two more dates, that would make this tour bigger than the "Smoke and Mirrors" tour in 2003. The next biggest tour, then, hasn't been since 1991.

Or am I wrong?

That is, of course, provided they don't cancel any dates.
Mexico is still North America dude.

North America = Canada + (USA - Hawaii) + Mexico.
Well, I did say I had to get to bed. :P

You're right; but I remember from my schooling that Mexico was always lumped in with Central America--not necessarily as a part of it, but as part of "Latin America".

And I'm not a dude. :P
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Multifaceted wrote:And I'm not a dude. :P
Sorry :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Dallas source code:

<!-- really in Texas -->

Austin source code:

<!-- not really in Texas -->

:)
The Green Lantern

I hope they bring a camcorder for the trip. I'm still hoping for a DVD...

Nice pic of mr Conrad there Euphoria.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The Green Lantern wrote:I hope they bring a camcorder for the trip. I'm still hoping for a DVD...
They always record it, so don't see why they wouldn't this time...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
The Green Lantern

Obviousman wrote:
The Green Lantern wrote:I hope they bring a camcorder for the trip. I'm still hoping for a DVD...
Yes, and I'm hoping for a little desert road footage. Not just a lights through smoke :wink:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:
Always recording.... :D never (?) releasing... :(
canon docre
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
For proper live footage to put on a DVD you need a few more cameras on different positions. With just one camera its unbearable to watch. (even worse than Wake)
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

canon docre wrote: For proper live footage to put on a DVD you need a few more cameras on different positions. With just one camera its unbearable to watch. (even worse than Wake)
True. Which concert did they film with more than one camera? Was it the 2002 gigs? How many cameras were in use then?

I still don't get it why they won't release it.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Ozpat wrote:

Tour Thing had 18 American dates....

only another five to go then :wink:
Goths have feelings too
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

canon docre wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
For proper live footage to put on a DVD you need a few more cameras on different positions. With just one camera its unbearable to watch. (even worse than Wake)
That's probably why it was suposed to be non-MTV style... :lol:

I love WAKE.... :D
sultan2075
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Hehe...only Austin was perhaps a surprise, the other three I could have put money on!
Austin's a surprise? I've assumed for years they'd play Austin if they ever played Texas at all. Dallas surprises me--a lot of people skip it these days (and I'd imagine the local attempts to cement a reputation as "the Detroit of the Southwest" probably make it even less appealing). Still, the Gypsy is a great venue--easily the best sound in Dallas, both for the audience and the onstage monitor mix (which ensures the band will be at their best as well).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Well I assume they want to play as big cities as possible, I would have guessed Houston instead.

But anyway; this is a very interesting situation. I see no space at all for new gigs between Mexico and San Francisco, and the text announcing more gigs to come is still up. They can squeeze in one or two places as replacement for Phoenix, but that's about it.

The conclusion must be that SF is not the last date. Where can they be going?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Europe? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

22 gigs!? Never mind the biggest US tour, it's more gigs than they've played in their lives. Anywhere. Ever.

His voice will be fcuked by the time they roll into their US heartland (SF). It was shagged in Leeds in 2003, and that was after fewer shows. Still, I daresay Andy knows a good counter-measure when he sniffs one. :von: :notworthy:

Europe - hopefully in autumn when he's recovered. A good tour must, by definition, roll into The Dam at some point. 8)

To everyone attending the US shows, particularly those living on the planet edge who don't get the opportunity too often, have a stonking time at the gigs. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Just out of interest, is anyone planning on doing the Mexican dates and Albuquerque? Or any of the dates between San Diego and Mexico City?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Just out of interest, is anyone planning on doing the Mexican dates and Albuquerque? Or any of the dates between San Diego and Mexico City?
Well, I'll do Dallas (since I live there) and maybe Austin if I can swing the time.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:Europe? ;D
Maastricht, Holland ;D