ITunes

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

This may seem a silly question....(anyone remember the Young Ones? :lol: ) but.....

If I put all of my weeds onto Itunes is it really as laborious as typing in each individual track name for each CD? Or is there magic involved which means my fingers won't start to bleed?

Please help me oh-technically minded computer gurus? :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Err, some programs (don't know about iTunes) support freedb, which completes the tracks, album title and all that for you :D

But of course you will have to be lucky for some other weeder/collector to have done the effort of submitting it earlier :wink:

(I use Easy CD-DA personally, very good stuff)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
robertzombie
Overbomber

Itunes has a kind of CD-DA thing built in for retrieving track listings of official albums but with bootlegs I think you have to go the long route.
Silver_Owl
The Don

robertzombie wrote:Itunes has a kind of CD-DA thing built in for retrieving track listings of official albums but with bootlegs I think you have to go the long route.
Yeah - seen the Gracenote thang. Just wondered if there was a clever way of saving me time. Never mind - I'll take a week off work and buy an ounce of skunk. :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

You can do the Album & Artist names easily by selecting all of the songs you want to come under one album/artist, right-click, then press summit like "edit" or "get info" (words to that effect) and then type in the album name and artist name and it'll do the album/artist the same for all the songs you selected but won't do the track names.
Silver_Owl
The Don

robertzombie wrote:You can do the Album & Artist names easily by selecting all of the songs you want to come under one album/artist, right-click, then press summit like "edit" or "get info" (words to that effect) and then type in the album name and artist name and it'll do the album/artist the same for all the songs you selected but won't do the track names.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

As an aside - FALAA doesn't get found by Gracenote. Too obscure? :von:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Hom_Corleone wrote:
robertzombie wrote:You can do the Album & Artist names easily by selecting all of the songs you want to come under one album/artist, right-click, then press summit like "edit" or "get info" (words to that effect) and then type in the album name and artist name and it'll do the album/artist the same for all the songs you selected but won't do the track names.

But 'Colours In Carnage' or 'Live In The Trojan Horse' are in the iTunes db. :?

And in the stylee of all things Sisterly ... they're wrong with their tracklistings. But a few edits and you're there. :von:

I think it's bleeding fingers from here on in. To be safe and sure. :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
robertzombie
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:

Hmm Itunes brought up the tracklist for my 1988 FLA
:?