The Sisters of Mercy on Radio 5 Live

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Huh!

Radio 5 last night picked a story up from the Guardian, to wit:

Vicar preaches the word of goth

Colin Blackstock
Thursday January 19, 2006
The Guardian

Clad in black, heavily painted with pale make-up and dark eyeliner, the goth's way of life is not usually associated with a church service unless, that is, it is being conducted by the Rev Marcus Ramshaw.

The associate vicar at St Edward King and Martyr church in Cambridge, himself a goth, holds a 45-minute service complete with candles and a specially written liturgy for members of the goth community. There are no hymns but goth music is played instead, including artists such as Depeche Mode, Joy Division and the Sisters of Mercy, said Mr Ramshaw, 34.

Anyway, Radio 5 interviewed the Reverend Ramshaw, after playing a clip of Temple of Love (1983), to see what all the fuss was about! Never thought I'd hear my fave band on my fave talk radio station... :D :D :notworthy:
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that story was also in our local paper, as the church is in cambridge.
and my scanner doesn't work!
'Hear the word of Goth' i think was the headline
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
streamline
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 'Hear the word of Goth'
:lol: :lol:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I heard of this on the Lincoln Bands forum yesterday. The admin suggested I be ordained into it. But I refuse to enter any religion, even if they do play Depeche Mode at their services.
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was on t'radio as I was driving to work on Thursday morning. I was so amazed at hearing TOL on 5Live that I crashed the car into a pink taxi, rebounded across the carriageway into a goat, slid backwards up a 'police patrol vehicles only' mushroom, span through 5760 degrees across a Julie's Pantry (ordering a fried egg on a china plate), went down the steps of a multistory carpark, hitched a ride on a double decker bus, narrowly missed a collision with a Ford Capri and a Cortina, drove under an articulated lorry, sped across a shopping centre and collided with a china shop.

Drinking and driving is just SO much fun.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Dark wrote:I heard of this on the Lincoln Bands forum yesterday. The admin suggested I be ordained into it. But I refuse to enter any religion, even if they do play Depeche Mode at their services.
:notworthy: quite right too. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Gripper wrote:It was on t'radio as I was driving to work on Thursday morning. I was so amazed at hearing TOL on 5Live that I crashed the car into a pink taxi, rebounded across the carriageway into a goat, slid backwards up a 'police patrol vehicles only' mushroom, span through 5760 degrees across a Julie's Pantry (ordering a fried egg on a china plate), went down the steps of a multistory carpark, hitched a ride on a double decker bus, narrowly missed a collision with a Ford Capri and a Cortina, drove under an articulated lorry, sped across a shopping centre and collided with a china shop.

Drinking and driving is just SO much fun.
monsieur gripper -with theese bullsheet you are spoiling us! :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

streamline wrote:
emilystrange wrote: 'Hear the word of Goth'
:lol: :lol:
And there'd be plenty more groan-inducing pun opportunities where that came from. :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
pikkrong
Overbomber

Dark wrote:I heard of this on the Lincoln Bands forum yesterday. The admin suggested I be ordained into it. But I refuse to enter any religion, even if they do play Depeche Mode at their services.
I lost the last rudiments of my mental health in December, fighting against more violent ways to do religious brainwash to children. And I can't say me and people like me have won the fight. At least - not yet :evil:
do i drive
or am i driven