whale i'll be damned

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:And what are the people thinking TODAY, after a good night's sleep and a bit more sober?

IZ.
It's real shame that the Whales dead, a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into saving it, it just seems to me that all the attempts over the years in trying to re float stranded Whales world wide ends like this, I can't recall any sucsess story's............can anyone?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

MadameButterfly wrote:Johnny it is sad that this amazing being of nature has died...

but on the other hand, those of us eating meat or other animals think of *hunger* at that moment and don't think twice as to what they are eating or how it got there...

Discussing the point of 'to meat or not to meat' could become a quite vexing discussion, as far as I'm concerned. And it may be said that, while I eat meat and enjoy a good meal, I am rather concerned about the world, the people AND the animals (the species, not the band ;) ).

But it IS a known fact that when something like this happens, a lot of people try to joke with it. It could be offensive to other people, but that's just their way to react to, and to cope with, such a sad story.

I think it is a bit more irritating that people start name-calling without much reason and say that a lot of people here don't care about other people.

Rather the opposite has happened when James got all best wishes, and we were very concerned about Zaltys7 and even started a search for him, to name but a few.

Calling names is easy. But be very sparse with it, and remember to tell the world WHY you do it. It is called 'a reason'. Name-calling for no reason whatsoever has started many a war in the past. And I don't mean on the forum ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Seems I started this with my rather tactless post on the death of this creature.
Apologies people.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

No problemo for me ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pat wrote:Seems I started this with my rather tactless post on the death of this creature.
Apologies people.
It wasn't dead when you started it. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Pat wrote:Seems I started this with my rather tactless post on the death of this creature.
Apologies people.
Eh, s**t happens. On this forum it seems to happen quite often. :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Pat wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Pat wrote:Opps ! now it's away to that old soap factory it the sky.
It hasn't has it? :(
clicky :cry:
:( :cry:
"as we walk on the floodland"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Not really.

It's the bitching that bothers me :| .
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

I really don't know what to say

In the sober light of day, my post does seem rather extreme, I had consumed too much wine and I had other problems on my mind. Not much of an excuse, I know, so...

I apologise to all and sundry
sorry folks :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Your post was barely extreme. You just said "Fud" and left us to "fight amongst ourselves".

If Johnny can't take that, that's not your problem.
James Blast
Banned

thank you Korin, I mean that
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Wot Dark said. Sorry John :| .

But is it not you who says yourself... berating people on open forum is not fab or groovy.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

MadameButterfly wrote:Johnny it is sad that this amazing being of nature has died...

but on the other hand, those of us eating meat or other animals think of *hunger* at that moment and don't think twice as to what they are eating or how it got there...

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Discussing the point of 'to meat or not to meat' could become a quite vexing discussion, as far as I'm concerned. And it may be said that, while I eat meat and enjoy a good meal, I am rather concerned about the world, the people AND the animals (the species, not the band ;) ).
Good evening IZ. This vexing discussion was not my intention either just a thought, not to knock anyone who does enjoy meat, I could have even taken the turn "let's feed the hungry now instead of letting yet another day pass that yet another person dies because that still happens too". AND it's good to know that you do care about the world, the people AND the animals. :notworthy:
So do I :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:But it IS a known fact that when something like this happens, a lot of people try to joke with it. It could be offensive to other people, but that's just their way to react to, and to cope with, such a sad story.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I think it is a bit more irritating that people start name-calling without much reason and say that a lot of people here don't care about other people.

Rather the opposite has happened when James got all best wishes, and we were very concerned about Zaltys7 and even started a search for him, to name but a few.
Indeed I agree with you here again and this is what HL is about to many posting on here. We do care about each other and most of us don't wish anything ill of someone else, but as we are a whole bunch of personalities that have good days and bad days, sometimes emotions can get the better of us when feeling passionate about a subject. Maybe the name-calling seems not to have a reason but maybe there is one?
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Calling names is easy. But be very sparse with it, and remember to tell the world WHY you do it. It is called 'a reason'. Name-calling for no reason whatsoever has started many a war in the past. And I don't mean on the forum ;D

IZ.
I have been a victim to this in the very early days, some will remember, some won't. It is nasty and if you are going to dish it out, ying yang yourself and be willing to receive a response. Well I did in my case, in PM form and once you kill each other, you say sorry, and then *in my case*, I also forgive because that is who I am if I want to love again. And loving people is easier IMO than holding a grudge.

No more wars please, I would have thought history is there for us to learn from our mistakes or the mistakes of others'

And all this for a Sunday evening! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

No wars, MB but if you recall, you and Rosalie came online at the same time, as a Forum we were confused. Rosalie, well, she/he/it has gone and you have proved to be a top person :D
don't you dare go leaving us now Debs! :notworthy: :D
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

lets face it, the two together confused the hell out of everyone
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Is it time for man 2 man baby oil and group hugs... :innocent: :kiss:

... or will a round of stabbin's do the trick? :twisted:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I once experienced spending some time with dolphins. The feeling it gave me can't be described well....Very peaceful, calm, loving. Won't ever forget.

Reading that this beautiful whale died, makes me feel sad. It does!
Even if it is natural that some don't survive....I feel sad. Because to me THAT is natural.

I hope you HL-ers all have a nice day! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
canon docre
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: Indeed I agree with you here again and this is what HL is about to many posting on here. We do care about each other and most of us don't wish anything ill of someone else, ....
True. but on the other hand HL was a lot more funny to read before it was all about this "love & grouphugs-to-everybody-hippie"-s**t.

I think most of the people on here know and appreciate Planet Daves humour.

I personally think it's very sad what happened to the whale, but I don't feel the slightest offended by the jokes in this thread and neither does Johnny except when he has his period.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I too intended no offence - just the humour of the situation. I don't find the death of any animal humourous.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway...

There's rumours that the whale may originally have become disoriented after sonar tests off the coast of Kent.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway...

There's rumours that the whale may originally have become disoriented after sonar tests off the coast of Kent.
Yeah - I heard that on radio 4 this morning. That and the hundreds of film crews and helicopters increasing the poor things stress levels.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well let's just hope they don't take tips from the Oklahoma Highway Department on how to remove the body...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5303087869
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote: I personally think it's very sad what happened to the whale, but I don't feel the slightest offended by the jokes in this thread and neither does Johnny except when he has his period.
:eek: :eek: :lol:

So that's his / her secret. :twisted: If I'd known, there'd have been more than just a kiss on offer last August, 'John'. :wink: :kiss: :lol:

And for the record, though moved by the whale's predicament (though not nearly as moved as I am when one of me own fish pegs it), I can see the absurdity in anything. And find it funny. Cos I'm not uptight, see?

For example, while the nation, particularly the scouse bit, froths and foams at Mr Moustache's celebrations yesterday, I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lol:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:That and the hundreds of film crews and helicopters increasing the poor things stress levels.
Heh. Oh yeah.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Planet Dave wrote:For example, while the nation, particularly the scouse bit, froths and foams at Mr Moustache's celebrations yesterday, I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lol:
I think the Blue three-quarters of Liverpool quite enjoyed it too. ;) :innocent:
—Bertrand Russell