Sisters in 2006

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Quiff Boy wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Now do I book a Eurpoean ticket or wait for him to book Birmingham acadamy? Mmmmm.
hehehe. the eternal question!:urff:
makes you glad you couldn't afford the states in a if-i'd-scraped-all-my-money-together-i'd-be-fooked kinda way doesn't it?
and you're right quiffster -that is the question.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:privately funded, unsustainable, hired hands, and no product, the sisters have come home to die

in a lifetime of fun, paris is the final joke
Possibly so, but who cares. Tour fever is rampant, and I can't even afford to think about any of the gigs announced so far.

Love it whilst it lasts. :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Now do I book a Eurpoean ticket or wait for him to book Birmingham acadamy? Mmmmm.
hehehe. the eternal question!:urff:
makes you glad you couldn't afford the states in a if-i'd-scraped-all-my-money-together-i'd-be-fooked kinda way doesn't it?
Indeed, phew... I'm curious if they'll be doing Belgium :)

Whoever metioned Florence: Eat a bistecca fiorentina for me, will you, the best steak you'll ever be eating :notworthy: :notworthy:

Owh: What about warm-up gigs when you see this extensive tour :?: :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:privately funded, unsustainable, hired hands, and no product, the sisters have come home to die

in a lifetime of fun, paris is the final joke

but what a way to go :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

other people in the industry may have different ideas, as the man said, we'll see
I hope you're wrong.

But everyone should visit Paris before they die.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

At worst: How far is it from Jersey to Paris?
czuczu
Overbomber

Bit of Florence & Paris sounds a lot more tempting than that difficult Canadian trip I'd just started planning... A lot warmer too!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paris? death?

not much to choose between the two, is there? :lol:

:urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
czuczu
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:paris? death?
:eek:

I'd take the town with all the good eating & drinking...

Every time!
:lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

czuczu wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:paris? death?
:eek:

I'd take the town with all the good eating & drinking...

Every time!
hades? :innocent:

i gather the locals are a gosh-darn-sight more welcoming there too :lol:

forgive me, i've several bad experiences (cancelled connecting flights, missed connecting flights, forced stop-overs, lost luggage, etc etc) at that god-forsaken CDG airport :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
czuczu
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:forgive me, i've several bad experiences (cancelled connecting flights, missed connecting flights, forced stop-overs, lost luggage, etc etc) at that god-forsaken CDG airport :urff:

Yeah, that'd do it..
I feel exactly the same about Brussels Midi, a station I've spent far too much time hanging around for trains that just ain't happening (or have already happened..)
Gare Du Nord rocks tho 8)
Airports suck, wherever they are.
czuczu
Overbomber

Incidentally FNAC is saying tickets are no longer available for the Paris date?!?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

czuczu wrote:Incidentally FNAC is saying tickets are no longer available for the Paris date?!?
Can't be sold out that quick :eek:

I'll check out if Fnac Antwerp is selling tickets right away by the way ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:Incidentally FNAC is saying tickets are no longer available for the Paris date?!?
the tickets are available fro paris show

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/recherche ... tegorie=-7
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dtsom wrote:
the tickets are available fro paris show

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/recherche ... tegorie=-7
But not online 'Plus disponible dans notre réseau' means not longer available through our network...

By the way: Who/What's 'nous productions', it means our productions, but le Zénith is apparently not allowed to produce stuff itself (I read that going through their site yesterday)?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
czuczu
Overbomber

The Zenith calendar isn't showing the date yet either so maybe FNAC are a little ahead of themselves with adding the tickets. Nous verrons...

Fingers crossed cos I definitely fancy this one. :twisted:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

czuczu wrote:The Zenith calendar isn't showing the date yet either so maybe FNAC are a little ahead of themselves with adding the tickets. Nous verrons...

Fingers crossed cos I definitely fancy this one. :twisted:

I bought my ticket a couple of hours ago (on a real-life ticket desk), so they're definately on sale :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Anyone coming to this gig, or am I going to be the token tyke?
This could be the swansong - he's going to be 50 in a couple of years, maybe it's time he and Nursie settled down somewhere.
PS What has he been doing for money lately?[/b][/i]
scruff
Road Kill

Picked up a flier last night at Manchester academy and it shows sisters coming soon late april / early may - date tba
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Looks like the tour could take in the same places as before. London-Leeds-Manchester-Nottingham-Glasgow, hopefully not Wolverhampton (sorry if you live there) but hopefully Bristol, as I live there.

Maybe as the Europe tour takes in different places this UK tour (if there is one) will hit some different towns ie Brighton, Norwich, Newcastle, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Portsmouth. Best to wait and see before shelling out pots of cash on the Mainland dates.

Matt..
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Am I losing it? Sisters tours dates multiplying on the site...UK dates, finally.

That brings it to 50, as of now, and no London dates (yet).

Hot damn. Biggest tour since '91, yes? No product, no contract...50 dates. Not bad. All those US cities, too...Phoenix, Albuquerque, Austin...will the mall goths unite in such spots? Curious to see how they sell all over.

What happened? Competent promoters finally appeared, or Von wants to take over the world (finally)?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Drenchrom wrote: Maybe as the Europe tour takes in different places this UK tour (if there is one) will hit some different towns ie Brighton, Norwich, Newcastle, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Portsmouth. Best to wait and see before shelling out pots of cash on the Mainland dates.

Matt..
The last time they played Norwich was about 1984 I think! It would be par for the course if they decided to fulfill one of my greatest teenage wishes 12 years too late!
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

channel 4 teletext have announced the UK dates aswell, although they also say their last album was 1990's dr jeep...!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nazareth wrote:channel 4 teletext have announced the UK dates aswell, although they also say their last album was 1990's dr jeep...!
"as we walk on the floodland"
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Electrochrome wrote:Am I losing it? Sisters tours dates multiplying on the site...UK dates, finally.

That brings it to 50, as of now, and no London dates (yet).
Might want to head down Astoria Way come May 2nd
twp
Amphetamine Filth

mockeldritch wrote:
Drenchrom wrote: Maybe as the Europe tour takes in different places this UK tour (if there is one) will hit some different towns ie Brighton, Norwich, Newcastle, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Portsmouth. Best to wait and see before shelling out pots of cash on the Mainland dates.

Matt..
The last time they played Norwich was about 1984 I think! It would be par for the course if they decided to fulfill one of my greatest teenage wishes 12 years too late!
some one is tapping in to your dreams, Norwich May 6th