file-sharing stuff

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I am suffering from severe withdrawal from all the music on my other hard drive in my dead computer and just want to get started downloading even more music again.

As much as I love Soulseek I am getting increasingly paranoid about file-sharing and getting whalloped with an almighty fine that I can't pay.

Are there are any "legal" file-sharing type programs where you pay a small amount of money per month for the privilege of getting hold of the music?

Help, I'm dying here! :oops:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I am suffering from severe withdrawal from all the music on my other hard drive in my dead computer and just want to get started downloading even more music again.

As much as I love Soulseek I am getting increasingly paranoid about file-sharing and getting whalloped with an almighty fine that I can't pay.

Are there are any "legal" file-sharing type programs where you pay a small amount of money per month for the privilege of getting hold of the music?

Help, I'm dying here! :oops:
I can't find you on Soulseek to nick all your f.u.n.k.y music Libs... :cry:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

That's because all my files are on my hard drive in my other computer (the one that died). The hard drive had a corrupted file on it so I don't know if the music will survive when I get round to putting the hard drive into this new computer :cry:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:That's because all my files are on my hard drive in my other computer (the one that died). The hard drive had a corrupted file on it so I don't know if the music will survive when I get round to putting the hard drive into this new computer :cry:
:lol: No, I mean... I'm so dense that I don't know how to search for another member! This was about two months ago I tried to find you...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

*dons dunce cap and goes to sit in corner*
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Aha what I think you need to do is go to the top right hand corner which is your userlist (where you can store cool and groovy peoples names who have cool stuff) and right click in the white space and choose "add user" and then put in "brideoffrankenstein" (me - except I'm not on there atm :cry: ) or whoever elses name you want to add.
James Blast
Banned

you could always just ask 'in a round about way' if anyone one here has (fill in name of band) and ask for some 'reviews', I know a lot of us are very keen 'reviewers' :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

True, but I don't think that anyone on here has the stuff I'm after :oops:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:True, but I don't think that anyone on here has the stuff I'm after :oops:
*cough*

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:True, but I don't think that anyone on here has the stuff I'm after :oops:
*cough*

IZ.
Sorry oh great IZmeister! :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:you could always just ask 'in a round about way' if anyone one here has (fill in name of band) and ask for some 'reviews', I know a lot of us are very keen 'reviewers' :wink:
I would certainly be happy to 'review' anything in my collection that is of interest.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Or Last.fm, though you'll have to play music to get references/a personal station on there (and I haven't found much I like yet through it :lol: - hal's a big fan of it though)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr