All about eve DVD / Double cd

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... g=48&pa=sr

Just look at all that stuff on the dvd !!!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i loved that band the couple of times i saw them and the few years around that- even now i would rate at least half of their stuff as wicked, although i find the rest of it a bit hippified and twee. i could be tempted by that myself.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i loved that band the couple of times i saw them and the few years around that- even now i would rate at least half of their stuff as wicked, although i find the rest of it a bit hippified and twee. i could be tempted by that myself.
Oooh, Lee! I never had you down as an AAE fan :eek: .

You learn something new every day :wink: .
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i loved that band the couple of times i saw them and the few years around that- even now i would rate at least half of their stuff as wicked, although i find the rest of it a bit hippified and twee. i could be tempted by that myself.
Oooh, Lee! I never had you down as an AAE fan :eek: .

You learn something new every day :wink: .
heh, heh, you really shouldn't be that surpsrised -as an innocent (and even as a not so innocent) teenage gothy/punky-type there were relatively very few sexy females in the bands i liked, so i probably at some point or other was in love with most of them. depending on what mood i was in it would be either siouxsie, anne-marie or (briefly) julianne reagan.

nobody (that i knew) had heard of AAE before the m*****n had used her for the severina vocal, at which point all the goths (and me :innocent: ) started buying eve records 'vause they were better than the m*****n.

saw them on the world crusade (i think) supporting the mish when severina was in the charts. saw them again when they headlined (somewhere?)and they weren't as good 'cause they had gone all popular and played the latest single twice. :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Flowers in your hair, then? :innocent: ;D
SomeKindOfStranger

On my shopping list already!!

Somehow I have managed to see them 13 times since they appeared as 'surprise' support to the m*****n at the astoria in '99..........

wasnt overstruck by the last single, but some of the other new stuff that they have been playing is very good.

so 2006 - the sisters touring, bauhaus back on the stage, a new nephilim album and AAE rising from the ashes.
Just goes to show you you cant keep a good goth down.
scotty
Overbomber

I'm having one of them, I've seen them a few times in the last couple of years and they're still a great live act :notworthy: :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dan
Overbomber

Martha's Harbour (TOTP 4/8/88 ) (Easter Egg)
Haha, that's the performance when they mimed. Due to a fault, the viewers could hear the song they were supposed to mime to but in the studio they only heard silence, and so the band just sat there waiting to start. For half the song they're just sitting there doing nothing, then the audience applaud which must be when the sound came on, and they start miming.
Spiggy's hat

Dan wrote:
Martha's Harbour (TOTP 4/8/88 ) (Easter Egg)
Haha, that's the performance when they mimed. Due to a fault, the viewers could hear the song they were supposed to mime to but in the studio they only heard silence, and so the band just sat there waiting to start. For half the song they're just sitting there doing nothing, then the audience applaud which must be when the sound came on, and they start miming.
Julianne mentioned in a later interview, that someone at TOTP's was sacked for that balls up. The band were invited on again the next week to perform it properly.
Give me one good reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

... and allowed to do it live IIRC.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:... and allowed to do it live IIRC.
Correct.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
biggy

Interview with Julianne Regan at 02.15 on bbc6 here, brand new ROCKING song at around 02.19 (fast forward the player)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/noscript.sht ... andrew_sun
biggy

BTW - she did a new song with Andy and a new song with Tim - this could possibly be the one with Tim ... you know ... the ex sisters of mercy fella.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

biggy wrote:BTW - she did a new song with Andy and a new song with Tim - this could possibly be the one with Tim ... you know ... the ex sisters of mercy fella.
Or maybe our very own Hull-bound vodka-swiller... :innocent:
missus scotty
Road Kill

scotty wrote:I'm having one of them, :notworthy: :notworthy:
Oh goody :innocent:
Never tie your shoe lace in a revolving door
scotty
Overbomber

missus scotty wrote:
scotty wrote:I'm having one of them, :notworthy: :notworthy:
Oh goody :innocent:
It'll cost you if you want to listen to it :innocent: :twisted:
sisxbeforedawn

that's that pre-ordered :D Seen'em loads of times, :lol: Salvation supported them on one tour I seem to remember 8)
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

I just picked up on them last week. I was clicking links somewhere and I ran across their site. A few of the tracks are a wee bit fleetwood mac'y like but not bad. I don't know why I waited so long to bother.. probably because back in the day I hated taking chances buying albums.

Btw.. scotty.. who's that on your avatar?
scotty
Overbomber

Deviancy wrote:
Btw.. scotty.. who's that on your avatar?
Anne-Marie Hurst
aims
Overbomber

Deviancy, I bet the girl in your avatar can't play a solo with the guitar behind here neck while wearing the same outfit :innocent:
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

Didn't she front Skeletal Family for a bit?

And I dunno if Miss Jovovich can play guitar at all.. lord knows she can't act very well either.. but then again who's paying attention to the script..
scotty
Overbomber

Deviancy wrote:Didn't she front Skeletal Family for a bit?
She did, yes
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

Damnit.. I always meant to get that cdr they had of gathering of dust but I just noticed it was discontinued as well :(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Deviancy:

*ahem*.

(For signature, read avatar.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

You're welcome :D