Wicker Man freebie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

DVD comes free with this Saturday's Grauniad, can't be bad for 70p or so :|
please check the telly ads, I may have got the paper and/or the day wrong, it's an old bloke thing :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Blimey I got excited then!

But I already have the Directors Cut on DVD :D
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:DVD comes free with this Saturday's Grauniad, can't be bad for 70p or so :|
please check the telly ads, I may have got the paper and/or the day wrong, it's an old bloke thing :oops:
Excellent movie. I already own the DVD but must highly recommend this to anyone that doesn't have it. :notworthy:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

I have the movie (taped off the telly) on VHS, and while I like its 'Hammer Horror' quaintness, I really don't see the fascination with it.
Some parts are pretty embarassing (Woodward, Pitt and Eckland's accents, to begin with).
Rowan's song and the nice 'booty double' with a hint of blonde minge was very nice. :D
The rest, I'm still not sure about. I can't/don't see the attraction.
I will still buy The Grauniad for it, Hell! I pay near five quid for a packet of fags everyday :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote: hint of blonde minge

. . .

I still don't see the attraction.
To coin a phrase, Next! :lol:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

smiscandlon wrote:To coin a phrase, Next! :lol:
please enlighten me Steven, BTW do you have the BBC Scotland XS programme about it?
I do but its on a somewhat slightly damaged VHS tape, it still plays fine and you can see and hear all that's going on, but it has a bit of a left to right 'video interference thin line' in the middle of the screen.
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I've got the nice double disc DVD of TWM... paid £17.99 for it about a year ago.

Bloody £5.99 on Play.com now. :evil: :roll:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:please enlighten me Steven, BTW do you have the BBC Scotland XS programme about it?
I do but its on a somewhat slightly damaged VHS tape, it still plays fine and you can see and hear all that's going on, but it has a bit of a left to right 'video interference thin line' in the middle of the screen.
I just think it's a really intelligent film that defies categorisation - 'Horror' movie my arse.

I did watch the XS programme, I think, but didn't record it as far as I can recall.
анархия
Petseri
Overbomber

Anyone possibly picking up an extra copy?

Martin
James Blast
Banned

Petseri wrote:Anyone possibly picking up an extra copy?

Martin
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Image
:notworthy: Time for more packages passing in the station?
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

James Blast wrote: Some parts are pretty embarassing Eckland's accent to begin with
As well as it not being her arse - it's not her voice either
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Don't give a stuff about Eckland's stunt-arse; not when it's got Christopher Lee and Callan in it :notworthy: :notworthy:

S'definitely not yer average horror flick though. If anything, I reckon it's related to The League of Gentlemen somewhere along the line.

and I'll probably buy the Grauniad for it anyway, despite buying the film on double DVD already :roll: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

In the singing group I'm in we have been singing "The Maypole Song" from the film in a Mediaevil Baebes stylee ;D
James Blast
Banned

@ Heather, no t'was a wonderful female arse, albeit a stunt arse :D
@ Libs, I shudderImage
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:@ Libs, I shudderImage
:eek:

No it's really very good
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:

No it's really very good
Don't listen to 'im Libs... I bet it's fab 8) .
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
smiscandlon
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:

No it's really very good
Don't listen to 'im Libs... I bet it's fab 8) .
Wait a minute, didn't the Baebes do a version of that themselves....

* Digs out Undrentide *

Track 7. As you were. 8)
анархия
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:@ Heather, no t'was a wonderful female arse, albeit a stunt arse :D
in my humble opinion, all female arses are wonderful :wink:
James Blast
Banned

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:
James Blast wrote:@ Heather, no t'was a wonderful female arse, albeit a stunt arse :D
in my humble opinion, all female arses are wonderful :wink:
Good Man! Image

except skinny no booty ones, of course
talk about mudflaps... :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:talk about mudflaps... :innocent:
The bigger the cushion the sweeter the pushin'? :lol:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

smiscandlon wrote:
James Blast wrote:talk about mudflaps... :innocent:
The bigger the cushion the sweeter the pushin'? :lol:
indeed
( + )
~ Peter Steele