Under the knife

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

DomConway wrote:Sorry for the delay folks... ISP problems. Check here for the files:

http://www.domconway.com/sisters/godsquad.html

Does anyone have UTR7 btw? Apparently that's where the God Squad remixes article was. As my UTR7 is thousands of miles away would appreciate it muchly if someone could post the info from the article on here. I remember it was released on Junk Rock records, cat no JUNK001, but not much else.
Well, you learn something new every day. I never knew it had been officially released. Actually, I've a feeling the released version may have been slightly different, as I've seen at least 2 of the tracks on winmx and the tracks lengths were different.

UTR 7 (May'93)

Sisters fans who like the sound of "techno with tunes" should perhaps keep an eye out for the God Squad double A-side single, "Floored" / "Keep The Faith" / "Beans" (Junk Rock Records - JUNKI-006) which features extensive samples of the Sisters' "Floorshow" and "Phantom".
The tracks were arranged and produced by Dave Beer and Alistair Cooke, both prime-movers behind Leeds' influential "Back To Basics" club, and long-time fans of the band. Tragically, since the record was released earlier this year, Ali Cooke has died in a road accident.
hallucienate
Overbomber

[quote="DomConway"] Sorry for the delay folks... ISP problems. Check here for the files:

[quote]

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

cool mixes. 8) 8) 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

DomConway,

:notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
Andy TG
Overbomber

DomConway wrote:Sorry for the delay folks... ISP problems. Check here for the files:

Does anyone have UTR7 btw? Apparently that's where the God Squad remixes article was. As my UTR7 is thousands of miles away would appreciate it muchly if someone could post the info from the article on here. I remember it was released on Junk Rock records, cat no JUNK001, but not much else.
@ Dom Conway - Thank you for your kindness above the call of duty ;D

I have just finished dowloading the "god squad" remixes! (bloody Dial Up! :( )
The Floorshow mix is Absolutely F***ing Fantastic! :von:

I will endeavour to get this version played very loud on a 4000 watt PA this coming weekend and I will "dance like a loon" on my own If I have to!

Thanks Dom foe making these available :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

just to echo Andy, Thanks for the tracks Dom! :notworthy:

Also, has anyone got a scan of UTR1? I joined the Reptile House when UTR2 was out. Don't know what was in the first issue. Also I think I missed the last couple as well. Not 100% sure though. Think I have up to UTR13.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
DomConway
Filth

Dan wrote:UTR 7 (May'93)

Sisters fans who like the sound of "techno with tunes" should perhaps keep an eye out for the God Squad double A-side single, "Floored" / "Keep The Faith" / "Beans" (Junk Rock Records - JUNKI-006) which features extensive samples of the Sisters' "Floorshow" and "Phantom".
The tracks were arranged and produced by Dave Beer and Alistair Cooke, both prime-movers behind Leeds' influential "Back To Basics" club, and long-time fans of the band. Tragically, since the record was released earlier this year, Ali Cooke has died in a road accident.
No worries folks. Big :notworthy: to Dan for providing me with the files in the first place! And thanks for typing up that UTR article too. Guess who just ordered a copy of JUNKI006?! Good old GEMM...

http://www8.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=36 ... le=FLOORED
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Dan
Overbomber

I've a feeling that record will be slightly different mixes to the files I provided, as I've seen them on kazaa with different track lengths.
DomConway
Filth

Dan wrote:I've a feeling that record will be slightly different mixes to the files I provided, as I've seen them on kazaa with different track lengths.
I'll let you know when I get back to England (where the record was delivered) in 6 months!
DomConway
Filth

DomConway wrote:
Dan wrote:I've a feeling that record will be slightly different mixes to the files I provided, as I've seen them on kazaa with different track lengths.
I'll let you know when I get back to England (where the record was delivered) in 6 months!
They're exactly the same (apart from the spoken intro, that isn't on the vinyl!)
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

bet your copy didn't cost £102 :wink:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
hallucienate
Overbomber

khepri II wrote:bet your copy didn't cost £102 :wink:
mine certainly didn't :notworthy: :notworthy: :wink:
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:
just clicked on dom's link above

$6.99 brand new and from the UK :notworthy: :notworthy: :eek: ;D
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

khepri II wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
just clicked on dom's link above

$6.99 brand new and from the UK :notworthy: :notworthy: :eek: ;D
djneeds have it.

i rang the other one in leeds but they say it was sold yesterday! to a chap in new zealand apparently... ;) :D :D :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Just ordered one for 5.99 with 1.99 P+P. It is 2nd hand though.

You gotta love the net.

Now to get another copy to put on Ebay and make my retirement fund! :D
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

£102?

FFS ur ye daft?

for that kinda money I would want a soundboard quality CD of 'new' tracks, Summer, Crash And Burn, etc they proved it is available with the Suzanne release on their moribund website.

Crash And Burn? more like Smolder and Go Phhhhttt.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele