March 10th: HLContinental goes James Ray

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I made some with my phone, I'll be putting them online later tonight, made some with dave-kompas's camera too, but as they're even more on smoke-overload than the Sisters the better part came out blurry, apparently. (worst part would be more fitting, actually)

Wouldn't mind seeing how I did nevertheless ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:No sign of Debs and Jos yet :?:
I figure they will need some time to recover from there Belgian adventure :wink:
besides they had to pick up the kids exc...

edit* pics
I'll ask around tonigh, I saw this guy take lots of them with wat looked like a profesional camera.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

True! At least two guys with a good camera, IIRC one who came with the DJ and another one who was with the French group.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Picture time :D

Most are a bit grainy, but they more or less capture the atmosphere :wink:

More here (all three of 'em! :lol:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: 8) 8) :notworthy: :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

christophe wrote:
Obviousman wrote:No sign of Debs and Jos yet :?:
I figure they will need some time to recover from there Belgian adventure :wink:
besides they had to pick up the kids exc...
Good evening all, I think I'm still alive and need a bit more recovery time! :lol: :wink:

Sorry about that Obviousman, but in my defense Jos was driving. Anyway we arrived about 20 mins before Obviousman and met dave-kompas and uncle sister over drinks. Then indeed James Ray Gangwar walked into the pub for a round of pool. We went and introduced ourselves briefly and James Ray is indeed the most down to earth person, come to think of it all of the band members are including the tour manager Speedy Dave. We were all excited about the gig but first the stomaches needed to be filled.

Obviousman, Jos and myself found a place where we ate so quickly as we thought they would be starting around 8pm. So after a quick munch down we headed back to OJC and indeed met christophe and radiojamaica.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
We all sat around drinking and chatting and getting to know each other with was so much fun! Once the merchadise stand opened we bought the t-shirts that came in a small package. After some more drinking and chatting dave-kompas came to let us know the gig was going to begin. It did start later than we thought, but someone had to have a nap after their diner so I was told! :innocent: :lol: :notworthy:

Not having any expectations, James Ray Gangwar blew my mind! Mr. Ray had so much energy on stage and it looked like the guys were enjoying themselves and it was brilliant! I must agree that you find yourself in a certain trance and it was moving. Stood really close to the front except some big people that stood right in front of the stage weren't even moving! :eek: I know that the HL crowd were really partying as we were together and it was so brilliant that time just flew past and it seemed so short! But James Ray Gangwar it was a privilege to see you play live! It was absolutely awesome! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
*giggles* yeah they left the stage in a brilliant way!

After the gig we all chatted about how awesome it was and then the band members came to chat and drink among the crowd. It was fabulous and then the HL crowd and James Ray Gangwar went backstage where we all chatted, drank and did other things.... :innocent:
What was amazing about that part of the evening was being able to talk about everything and getting to know the members on a personal level. It was indeed more than a pleasure! :notworthy: 8)

After making our way downstairs again in the pub more drinking and chatting was done and time had just flown by! Said our good-byes to the HL group as they left and we decided to leave around 6 am, oh yeah they were about to close and the band were leaving in the noon to go home.

I want to thank everyone of you for making last night an amazing evening and looking forward to the next meet. :notworthy: :kiss:

And James Ray Gangwar .... until our pathes meet again in Holland! :wink:

Photos...
I too have many photos on my digital camera and on my phone. I'm going to get them onto here with help from Jos later and my phone photos will take a bit longer as I need a cable or something to get them onto the computer but I have some really good ones! :D

Once agian I'm still enjoying the memories of last night...it was fabulous with indeed fabulous people! :notworthy: Enjoying the "after-gig high syndrome"

MB 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

sounds like you all had a great time, makes me wish I was there and thanks Z for your e-mail about your Shriekback chat with Mr. Ray, I knew he was a top chap when I shook his hand after the 4080 Peru gig in Leeds last October Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Thanks for the photos Z! :notworthy: :D

Oh yes, I also remember a few things about JRG -

* James Ray's real name isn't James. TOP TOP man! :kiss: :notworthy:
* Bill - the guy in the kilt proved that they indeed don't wear anything under there! :eek: :notworthy: :lol:
* Scardwel - had plans of his own... :innocent:
* Ian with his shades and oh so sexy body and attitude towards people :lol: :notworthy:

See I named you so now you have to come say hi on HL some time! :kiss: :wink:

* Speedy Dave - stunning person! We'll see you in Paris. :notworthy: :kiss:

Hope you all make it home safely! And thank-you all so much!

MB 8)
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

MadameButterfly wrote:Thanks for the photos Z! :notworthy: :D

Oh yes, I also remember a few things about JRG -

* James Ray's real name isn't James. TOP TOP man! :kiss: :notworthy:
* Bill - the guy in the kilt proved that they indeed don't wear anything under there! :eek: :notworthy: :lol:
* Scardwel - had plans of his own... :innocent:
* Ian with his shades and oh so sexy body and attitude towards people :lol: :notworthy:

See I named you so now you have to come say hi on HL some time! :kiss: :wink:

* Speedy Dave - stunning person! We'll see you in Paris. :notworthy: :kiss:

Hope you all make it home safely! And thank-you all so much!

MB 8)
Ah, yes, Ian, who doesn't dance, nor likes people :lol:

Glad I wasn't near when Bill felt the need to prove that by the way :lol:

The whole crew was great :notworthy: Looking forward to meet you again too, Speedy as you come to Paris. The more good people, the merrier ;D :notworthy:

I'll just repeat myself: Every single crewmember, no, everyone who was there was great :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sounds like a stunning time was had by all. Brilliant setlist, I couldn't have picked a better one meself. Excellent stuff. Nice work HL Agents, Continental Branch. 8) :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
James Blast
Banned

Planet Dave wrote:HL Agents, Continental Branch 8) :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
we shall cleanse the world 8)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:sounds like you all had a great time, makes me wish I was there and thanks Z for your e-mail about your Shriekback chat with Mr. Ray, I knew he was a top chap when I shook his hand after the 4080 Peru gig in Leeds last October Image
Yeah he mentioned you Mr. Blast. Seems very fond of you too! In fact he even mentioned having heard about Zuma's offer and said he would get back to him about it. I'm sure once the lads have settled in back home we will hear from them.
8)
that ongoing eternity
dave-kompas
Road Kill

It was indeed a wonderfull night thanks to the great performance & the lovely audience (the Heartland crew in the first place of course). Nice to meet you guys! I will have a listen to the soundboard recording this afternoon and in a few days it will appear in the weeding section (as agreed by James Ray).
Dark
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:* James Ray's real name isn't James. TOP TOP man! :kiss: :notworthy:
I seem to remember reading Kiss The Blade yesterday (are these scanned into the Gallery?) where there was an interview with him Performance-era, saying to contact him, "Go into the third telephone box that you pass on the A69 (Newcastle bound) and look under "Smith" in the directory. A phone number will be found written in invisible ink. Ring the number and ask for "Eric". Beware "Eric" is an arrogant twit" :lol:

The interview also called him Eric all the way through, and he said James Ray was the name of the band before they added "And The Performance" after their first gig where they were leaving and some guys at the door said "What a f**king performance that was".

EDIT: I am dense. The owner LENT me the copy of Kiss The Blade. Information has been corrected. :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Great!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Dark wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:* James Ray's real name isn't James. TOP TOP man! :kiss: :notworthy:
I seem to remember reading Kiss The Blade yesterday (are these scanned into the Gallery?) where there was an interview with him Performance-era, saying to contact him, "Go into the third telephone box that you pass on the A69 (Newcastle bound) and look under "Smith" in the directory. A phone number will be found written in invisible ink. Ring the number and ask for "Eric". Beware "Eric" is an arrogant tw*t" :lol:

The interview also called him Eric all the way through, and he said James Ray was the name of the band before they added "And The Performance" after their first gig where they were leaving and some guys at the door said "What a f**king performance that was".

EDIT: I am dense. The owner LENT me the copy of Kiss The Blade. Information has been corrected. :lol:
Yes his name is "Eric" although I think he spells it with a 'k' "Erik". I'm sure that's what he told me. Also remember him saying that in the phone book "Smith" was a very common name...
that ongoing eternity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Smith is the commonest name in the UK, I think.

Anyway, James Ray sounds cooler than Eric Smith. Like Gary Mark being better than Mark Pairman, Eldritch than Taylor, and Korin than whatever s**t name I was given. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I think Patel is actually the most common name in the phone book, well somebody told me that some years ago and since they were a census operative, I took it at face value
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Right, put some of the photos onto that scary place and I hope this works..

clicky for the photos

Enjoy!

MB 8)
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dave-kompas wrote:It was indeed a wonderfull night thanks to the great performance & the lovely audience (the Heartland crew in the first place of course). Nice to meet you guys! I will have a listen to the soundboard recording this afternoon and in a few days it will appear in the weeding section (as agreed by James Ray).
You're a star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks for the piccies, Debs :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Obviousman wrote:
dave-kompas wrote:It was indeed a wonderfull night thanks to the great performance & the lovely audience (the Heartland crew in the first place of course). Nice to meet you guys! I will have a listen to the soundboard recording this afternoon and in a few days it will appear in the weeding section (as agreed by James Ray).
You're a star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks for the piccies, Debs :D
I'm just so chuffed it worked! ;D

Yes indeed thank you dave-kompas :notworthy:

Please ALERT me when it gets to the weeding section as I want to weed this one too! :D
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Debs, I think that is the greatest PhotoBucket album I have ever seen! :lol: :notworthy: X 100
James Ray grabbing your right booby and Zeno doing the same with his crotch had me in stitches Image
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy::lol::lol:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'm sure my hand is just hanging there :oops: :oops: :oops:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

I post to please! :D :lol: :oops:

My hubby asked James to do it! :eek: :lol:
that ongoing eternity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: MB & Zeno for these pictures :D

& :notworthy: :notworthy: to Dave & Robin for putting it on 8)

I really hope the Gangwar succeed in gettin' the support slot for The Sisters in the UK! And Paris (lit some candles, croses fingers, ...) !

Oh what a night...