Silly questions

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:
astrababe wrote:When exactly did he shave his hair off and why? Any explanations? I know it got progressively shorter but then it was just gone.
I'm not sure exactly when, but why seems to be a case of "less hair to comb, more face to wash" as the saying goes.

Ten years of black hair dye and then another ten of bleach seem to have taken their toll.
"Baldnesse, thee greate levellere, cometh to alle men."

it's ok for women -if you're male there's a 98% chance that you'll end up with either a skinhead or a "perry comb-over" in middle-age. which would you go for? :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'll get a comb-over, obviously ;D

Err, no way, actually :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:if you're male there's a 98% chance that you'll end up with either a skinhead or a "perry comb-over" in middle-age. which would you go for? :urff:
a syrup, inna Bill Steers stylee :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: it's ok for women -if you're male there's a 98% chance that you'll end up with either a skinhead or a "perry comb-over" in middle-age. which would you go for? :urff:
I don't have to choose... yet. I was a skinhead (well, physically speaking) for about 2 years, so it wouldn't really be something new. :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
astrababe
Road Kill

Any more pics of Andrew sans shades please? I cannot find anything other than the first 2 posted.
Thx!
Badlander
Overbomber

astrababe wrote:Any more pics of Andrew sans shades please? I cannot find anything other than the first 2 posted.
Thx!
Take a look at the photo gallery. I think we may have a pic of :von: sans glasses at a St Pauli game. And above else remember : there's only a few of these pics 'round here, simply because :von: doesn't want to be seen with the shades off.
astrababe
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:Take a look at the photo gallery. I think we may have a pic of :von: sans glasses at a St Pauli game. And above else remember : there's only a few of these pics 'round here, simply because :von: doesn't want to be seen with the shades off.
I looked in there but will check it again for that pic. Thank you.
The no glasses pics seem to be as rare as smiling pics of little Andy. He is TOO CUTE when he smiles :lol:

No, I am not 15, I just talk that way sometimes. :?
Big Si
School Bully

astrababe wrote:
Badlander wrote:Take a look at the photo gallery. I think we may have a pic of :von: sans glasses at a St Pauli game. And above else remember : there's only a few of these pics 'round here, simply because :von: doesn't want to be seen with the shades off.
I looked in there but will check it again for that pic. Thank you.
The no glasses pics seem to be as rare as smiling pics of little Andy. He is TOO CUTE when he smiles :lol:

But his best look ever is with the beard! :lol: :twisted:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Badlander
Overbomber

astrababe wrote:
You're not the first. :innocent:
Into Brett Anderson ?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:But his best look ever is with the beard! :lol: :twisted:
I'm inclined to agree, although the first time I saw the Dominion single cover I though "Oooh, it's another Dave Stewart solo project" :lol: "Silly Bastard, very very silly - now fetch your coat"
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
lachert
Overbomber

if you don't scare look at this:

use photoshop or something to remove frames :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
astrababe
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:Into Brett Anderson ?
Yes, Brett is a demi-god.
Maybe original Sisters of Mercy/original Suede would be a good tour?? I would pay BIG bucks to see that. Anyone else?

Christ on a stick, I just found that photo of Andrew at the stadium with no glasses. Goddamn he looked GOOD.

P.S.: Thank you all for being so welcoming and understanding with my fucktarded questions.
Badlander
Overbomber

Suede's first was a brilliant album, that we all know. Too bad Butler left, he was such a gifted geetarist. His first solo effort had some nice tunes.
Never had much interest in Suede after that. I even found them quite boring. :(
P.S.: Thank you all for being so welcoming and understanding with my fucktarded questions.
HL is open all night. The fun never stops and everybody's invited. :D
James Blast
Banned

as much as I adore early Suede, I think they'd be a strange bedfellow for this new IGMâ„¢ :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:as much as I adore early Suede, I think they'd be a strange bedfellow for this new IGMâ„¢ :twisted:
Sorry but me be stoopeed. IGM ? International general meeting ? :oops: :?:
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

When people bang on about the Crow being an uber goth movie, it's almost as unbearable to listen to as people who believe that the Rocky Horror Show is some sort of landmark movie. But a land mark it is indeed.. but for all the wrong reasons. It's a one joke travesty of time with tacky songs and men in tights..bit like Alien Sex Fiend!
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
aims
Overbomber

The music or the t-shirts? ;)
Badlander
Overbomber

Ramone wrote:When people bang on about the Crow being an uber goth movie, it's almost as unbearable to listen to as people who believe that the Rocky Horror Show is some sort of landmark movie. But a land mark it is indeed.. but for all the wrong reasons. It's a one joke travesty of time with tacky songs and men in tights..bit like Alien Sex Fiend!
Rocky was supposed to make you laugh and have a good time and it did just that.
The crow makes you laugh by accident.
What's wrong with Rocky ? Fine tunes, fine actors, fine production. It's honestly good.
James Blast
Banned

to answer several posts in one-

IGMâ„¢ - Industrial Groove Machine

RHPS - dreadful, heinous, not funny and certainly not musically entertaining

t-shirts - nice, if only they were advertising something else, like tomato soup

The Crow - Liked it, apart from the TKK, obviously

will that do?
~ Peter Steele
czuczu
Overbomber

James Blast wrote: RHPS - dreadful, heinous, not funny and certainly not musically entertaining
I thought that was RHCP? :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

czuczu wrote:
James Blast wrote: RHPS - dreadful, heinous, not funny and certainly not musically entertaining
I thought that was RHCP? :innocent:
and them

the Bastards!

thank you cz
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote: IGMâ„¢ - Industrial Groove Machine
Me feel even more stoopeedo. :oops: :oops: :oops:
RHPS - dreadful, heinous, not funny and certainly not musically entertaining
It can only be Jim Steinman's fault. After all he's the one who made Meatloaf what he is. :innocent:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Suede: heard a very early live gig of theirs and was reminded of bauhaus. :eek:

the rocky horror picture show is horrendous- for all the reasons given above and simply because it's a musical. i went out with this rocky horror obsessive once ...it didn't last.
however my son's name is Rocky, and he is "horrorshow". :innocent:

RHCP are shite. except "give it away".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: RHCP are shite. except "give it away".
RHCP are s**t, including Give it away.

Wait...

Oh crap, is that really a topic I wanna discuss ? They suck anyway. :urff:
James Blast
Banned

the original line-up of Suede wrote and recordrd some ace tunes Lee, check out Image
they were one of those bands like EATB and Mansun that released a string of great singles, with even better b-sides

BTW, The Hawk has taken wings, comrade :wink:
~ Peter Steele