"Mummy, I'm a goth"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Badlander
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Clearly - as those of us who were thin and gaunt in the 80s allow the lack of amphetamines and easy office work to take their toll, we are modelling ourselves more on the body-type of Uncle Fester, the man who made the cassock THE fashion statement of the age :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

keep up the good work EB :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

It does make me wonder what has kick started the media at this pont though?

Maybe just a slow news week, or the same person has sold them all the same article :lol:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:It does make me wonder what has kick started the media at this pont though?

Maybe just a slow news week, or the same person has sold them all the same article :lol:
Given that the week started with the news that Humphrey the Downing Street Cat had snuffed it (can we have a moment of silence, please?), I'm going to have to go with the former. Of course, it could be a clever ruse to deflect attention from the way the regime change is going...but I don't want to get all :von: in here :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

I only listen to the Today programme for my daily newsblast
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i got a worryingly high score on teh guardian criteria list.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

Teh Grauniad is colo mes
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

canon docre wrote:
..., not big on drugs or anti-social behaviour.
they must have missed out the EMWK in their study.... :lol: :notworthy:
"Speed is a goth drug because the ideal is to be skinny," says Unsworth. "But for most of us it was Blue Nun wine because That Guitarist from the m*****n drank it."
incorrect

"Speed is EMWK's drug but although ideal, he isn't skinny.mostly he drinks frosty jack's cider because all the other tramp's drink it".
Fact!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:"Speed is EMWK's drug but although ideal, he isn't skinny.mostly he drinks frosty jack's cider because all the other tramp's drink it".
Fact!
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Blue Nun/monitor interface moment there... ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
canon docre wrote:
..., not big on drugs or anti-social behaviour.
they must have missed out the EMWK in their study.... :lol: :notworthy:
"Speed is a goth drug because the ideal is to be skinny," says Unsworth. "But for most of us it was Blue Nun wine because That Guitarist from the m*****n drank it."
incorrect

"Speed is EMWK's drug but although ideal, he isn't skinny.mostly he drinks frosty jack's cider because all the other tramp's drink it".
Fact!
:notworthy: Never a truer word spoken. :notworthy:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: "Speed is a goth drug because the ideal is to be skinny," says Unsworth. "But for most of us it was Blue Nun wine because That Guitarist from the m*****n drank it."
Unfortunately, for me, that statement is terrifyingly true. I'm honest enough to say that Wayne and his Blue Nun made quite an impact on me, and created a habit that was only broken when Salvation released "Thunderbird" and got me on the evil Red Label stuff.... impressionable, moi??? :eek:

Never want to taste either again now, thank the gods! :D
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Badlander
Overbomber

Muppet wrote: Unfortunately, for me, that statement is terrifyingly true. I'm honest enough to say that Wayne and his Blue Nun made quite an impact on me, and created a habit that was only broken when Salvation released "Thunderbird" and got me on the evil Red Label stuff.... impressionable, moi??? :eek:

Weren't you a bit of an imitator ? :innocent:
(says the boy who once thought he was so totally goth :urff: )
Youth... :lol: 8)
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:
Muppet wrote: Unfortunately, for me, that statement is terrifyingly true. I'm honest enough to say that Wayne and his Blue Nun made quite an impact on me, and created a habit that was only broken when Salvation released "Thunderbird" and got me on the evil Red Label stuff.... impressionable, moi??? :eek:

Look, stop it. The only reason I had Carl Mccoy ski-goggles... or Hussey-esque riding boots... or a cowboy hat, were for practical, not fashion purposes. :lol:

And going back to the Thunderbird business, can anyone confirm something... might just be an urban myth, how many types were there? I know of the Blue Label (pish), and the legendary Red Label - (now there was a MANS drink!! :lol: ) - but was there ever a Black Lable one??? And if so, did anyone ever survive drinking it????
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Badlander
Overbomber

Muppet wrote: Look, stop it. The only reason I had Carl Mccoy ski-goggles... or Hussey-esque riding boots... or a cowboy hat, were for practical, not fashion purposes. :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Sounds like meself ! ;D

I too have a Stetson cowboy hat, which I bought years after I stopped considering meself a goth. And I also have another, non cowboy, regular city hat.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Muppet wrote:
Badlander wrote:

Look, stop it. The only reason I had Carl Mccoy ski-goggles... or Hussey-esque riding boots... or a cowboy hat, were for practical, not fashion purposes. :lol:

And going back to the Thunderbird business, can anyone confirm something... might just be an urban myth, how many types were there? I know of the Blue Label (pish), and the legendary Red Label - (now there was a MANS drink!! :lol: ) - but was there ever a Black Lable one??? And if so, did anyone ever survive drinking it????
i remember there being a blue and a red label, but a black label i never heard of. do you remember "night train" ? came in a different shaped bottle from t'bird and was made of apples as opposed to pears? that got banned for it's lethal inebriating properties.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Never heard of T'Bird black label, alas, although a large portion of my life seems to have been spent ordering Donnington Brainstorms in disreputable bars up and down the country. A mixture of T'bird and vodka, since you ask - about half and half. Best results achieved when you use Morrison's own brand vodka (you don't want to throw up anything too expensive!).
Whatever happened to MadDog 20/20? Not sure what the 20/20 stood for, but it sure as f*ck wasn't your eyesight after a couple of bottles. I liked the pink grapefruit variety myself... :oops:
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Wasn't 20/20 a reference to the allegation that if you drank it, you stood a 20% chance of getting laid, and a 20% chance of getting in a fight? ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

Thunderbird RED Label was my tipple of choice {not that I was ever a GOFF}, got me superdooperdrunk for much cheepness :D :D , with a dap or two of "Weterhails cocaine" :twisted: most nights were very jolly indeed :D :D
Last edited by scotty on 22 Mar 2006, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ahhh, thunderbird. yes indeedy.

guess where slavation got that nickname from... ;)

peach concorde wa smy other tipple while sat on the long, lonely bus journey into manchester, way back when... :urff: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:peach concorde wa smy other tipple while sat on the long, lonely bus journey into manchester, way back when... :urff: :lol:
Did they have buses in those days? The horse-drawn numbers with a spiral staircase at the back, and you had to get out to go up hills? :lol:
Hank Moody
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:MadDog 20/20?
Oh dear that brings back bad memories :urff:
scotty
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Should've drank Thunderbird Libby, that leaves you with absolutely NO memory :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i stuck to cinzano and lemonade at 47p, in those days
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Should've drank Thunderbird Libby, that leaves you with absolutely NO memory :lol:
Ha ha I progressed to that eventually :lol:

*remembers sitting on the prom on a friday night*
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:*remembers sitting on the prom on a friday night*
[has a horrible feeling that he may have shared a bottle of 20/20 with BoF on the prom on a Friday night, going twosies on a loosie :roll:]
Hank Moody