Friday Flock Returns! 14/04/06 @ The Mixing Tin, Leeds

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Leeds' favourite goth night returns for a four month run at a new, slightly larger, venue!

For the last two years Friday Flock has been the flagship Goth night at the notorious Bar Phono - probably the oldest goth club in the country - until it sadly closed down at the end of 2005.

And now we're back!!

Friday Flock returns on Friday 14th April 2006 for a four month run at our sexy new (and slightly larger!) venue in the heart of Leeds city centre: The Mixing Tin!

Friday Flock still features those request-friendly resident DJs playing the usual dancefloor-orientated mix of Goth, Alternative, 80s and Industrial tunes (... and, as the flyer says, "stuff"!) that you know and love!

There's an awful lot more information, including the new opening times, and details of how to get into the (re-)launch night completely free (Free!) online here: http://www.sheepish.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1069

Oh, did I mention that Screaming Banshee Aircrew are also playing before Friday Flock!?! - Check out our forums for more information!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

good work sir :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Congrats! Must pop over and sample these delights.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Where's the Mixing Tin? I've never heard of it.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Where's the Mixing Tin? I've never heard of it.
Clicky :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

basically, its opposite CEX, just down from boots, virgin megastore & jjb.

its a doorway next to some USA travel agents... the club is downstairs. under the shopping center, oddly enough ;) :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Right. Now I know where it is I can avoid it :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Used to be a boozer waaaay back, didn't it? I seem to remember it was on our 2 for 1 route. :innocent: Any ideas what it used to be called. It's bugging me, but in all fairness I haven't a clue.

Walked past it last weekend and went (as you do) 'Aaahhh, that's where The Mixing Tin is', only to receive a proper Paddington Hard Stare from some bloke putting a sign up. That wasn't you was it, Phono Paul? :eek: ;D
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Planet Dave wrote:Walked past it last weekend and went (as you do) 'Aaahhh, that's where The Mixing Tin is', only to receive a proper Paddington Hard Stare from some bloke putting a sign up. That wasn't you was it, Phono Paul? :eek: ;D
Lord no, I don't do manual work.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Good stuff

I'll try to get down, dependant on arrival of daughter
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

As I've been let out for the night, I might well make my way here tomoz. Here or Cockpit, decisions decisions....
Francis
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:As I've been let out for the night
And you couldn't swing last Saturday? Words will be had when we meet again in May...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Well said. Tut Tut.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Think what you like boys, when I'm otherwise engaged, I'm otherwise engaged, no matter how annoying that may be.

FWIW, Jamie is up this weekend for the first time in eons, and we ended up in the Cockpit. Why I'm on here is unclear. Suffice to say I'm spannered. Feel free to have a pop in may, just don't be offended by the thousand yard stare as a reply :wink: :lol: :innocent:

And why the fcuk aren't you in Paris this very moment? :wink: :von: ;D
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Just a quick word of thanks to any Heartlanders who came down on Friday night for the relaunch.

Suffice to say it was marginally better attended than we were expecting!
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

I figure this thread can be un-stickified, as we're into May now, but thanks for making my entry all sticky, fnarr fnarr etc...

While I'm here, inevitably, a plug for this month's Flock, by way of a quick cut and paste job...

-----

The launch of the new Friday Flock in April was staggeringly successful, some might say too successful! The Mixing Tin was absolutely rammed for Screaming Banshee Aircrew's set, and I think everyone was taken aback by just how busy it was, not least the venue management!

All the same, we acknowledge it was a little too crowded for comfort earlier on (we could have filled the Phono twice!) but this can easily be attributed to the band's popularity, so please don't let that put you off coming in May!

Friday Flock - This Friday! 12th May 2006 - The Mixing Tin - Leeds