The circle

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I need some help. I am going to get a tatoo, and I really want to have one of the circle SOM use. Does anyone know what it might mean? Or atleast mean to them? I might be a dumbass for not knowing :oops: but i would like to know. I hope someone can help me...
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

They used the circle on the event horizon tour. Wich means black hole, so is the circle a sort of sign for an black hole?
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

That kinda makes sense to me

First appeared in 1997 with the new stylee head and artwork. Haven’t got a clue what it actually means but to me it always looked like gear teeth in reverse, very industrial, or maybe keeps on turning? Which sorta suited their emergent sound and the return to a full on tour.

If you reflect on how its been used over the years, then your case does seem to stand true. It, the circle, does indeed seem to border the central theme of the tour.

For example trip the light fantastic (Milton), bright pink background and rock God pose

Then the event horizon tag and subliminal messages from the chairman, would indeed suggest it represents none more black.

Planet edge seemingly more obvious still

Ultimately, all this talk of shortened a tour may be the reason we only got half a circle in 2002?

Who knows and is it our right to interpret anyway?
Goths have feelings too
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

I remember seing some Nazi-party pins from the thirties at a military show some years ago where a similar ring surrounded the swastika. I've failed to find a photo of the pin on the net but as I remember it was a yellow circle on red surrounding a black swastika on white.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Thank you so much for the replies. It was helpfull. At first I was thinking about getting the head thing as a tatoo, but i wanted to add one more thing, thats why with the circle. Im not sure what I will end up with yet, but it will have something to do with sisters.. ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

I had the same urge some years ago end ended up with the olg sisters-logo on my right arm. Unfortunately the tattooer was drunk (which I discovered a bit to late) so the nose on the head became a snub-nose (!) and the star is a bit slanting. But what the heck, it looks rough!
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Hmmm, I would be really pissed at him. But as long as it looks good enough.. Cool, so how does the logo do as a tatoo? Does it look as good as i think it might?
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Well, I'm quite satisfied with mine even if it doesn't look like a print from a 12" label. Some (10) years ago I worked at a swedish prison and one of the inmates saw my tattoo and shouted "Sisters of mercy", "I love that band but my wife refuse to bring me any cassettes". Apparently his wife regarded our beloved Sisters as 'drug-music' (I wonder where she got that from...)... Anyhow, I recorderd FALAA and Floodland for him and suddenly he was the happiest crook in a swedish prison, so even if my tattoo wasn't perfect it did some good! And, by the way, any Sisters- or Motörheadtattoo looks hard!!!
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Aww thats so nice of you ,) A sisters tatoo looks hard, yeah i bet. It might look wrong on me? I dont know, but i dont care, I want one.

Everyone in my family thinks i look so innocent and sweet, never does anything wrong, lol, what do they know?
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Interesting name.

Big fan of Kenny Lynch?
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
pikkrong
Overbomber

Dimehart wrote:Well, I'm quite satisfied with mine even if it doesn't look like a print from a 12" label. Some (10) years ago I worked at a swedish prison and one of the inmates saw my tattoo and shouted "Sisters of mercy", "I love that band but my wife refuse to bring me any cassettes". Apparently his wife regarded our beloved Sisters as 'drug-music' (I wonder where she got that from...)... Anyhow, I recorderd FALAA and Floodland for him and suddenly he was the happiest crook in a swedish prison, so even if my tattoo wasn't perfect it did some good!
That's really nice of you 8)
By the way, maybe a week ago one female friend of my wife visited us with her new boyfriend who is a Swedish guy. He isn't a rock'n'roll or gothic guy, just a nice person who works on computers. He took a look also at my computer and then saw my necklace with old Sisters' logo pendant on my writing desk and he immediately recognized what's this. I was even a little bit surprised because most of Estonian guys don't know what does it mean. Some people had named me even a satanist due to it :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Ed Rhombus wrote:Interesting name.

Big fan of Kenny Lynch?
No, got to admit I am not sure who that is :oops: Many people has aked me that. But it comes from David Lynch. As big fan as they come ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:But it comes from David Lynch. As big fan as they come ;)
GREAT 8) i just watched "Mulholland Drive" again recently.
do i drive
or am i driven
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Robert "Baretta" Blake surely had his finest moment in Lynch's Lost Highway...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Heh, I'm downloading as many Twin Peaks episodes as I can at the moment. Anyone know how many were made? I have about 29 at the moment.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Big Si
School Bully

I've got every episode on video.

I think 29 is the lot!

http://www.twinpeaks.org/archives/refer ... sode_guide
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

k, just erased what I wrote here as I managed to answer my own question!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I love every movie by David Lynch. But my favourites are Lost highway and Mulholland drive. And twin peaks ofcourse. I have the first edition on a dvd box, and the rest on video (twin peaks)

He is truly a genious :!: :notworthy:

Robert "Baretta" Blake was very "scary" in Lost highway :eek: a great part played..
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I still really like Wild At Heart and Dune was fantastic.

Lost Highway was a great film. I just love the way David Lynch throws huge tangents into his films. One minute you think you've got the hang of whatever the hell just happened, then everything changes and you left floundering again.

I watched Mulholland Drive for the first time last week. That was a good film although a little more straight forward than some of his others.

I've still never made it to the end of Eraserhead though. For some reason it scares the life out of me :/
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

The first time I saw Mulholland drive I was a bit dissapointed almost. I thought the same thing, it was more straight. But the second time around, I fell in love. It was even better, and still gets that way. The man or whatever behind the cafe, scared me more than anything ive seen on tv.. My god... David surly knows how to put fear on to the screen. My stumach fell to my feet..

Ive seen Eraserhead many times, I love it, all the sounds.. It is scary, yes it is. One time at work I almost s**t my pants. I work in a store, I heard a wierd noise, but i knew it from somewhere. It was exactly the same noise the "baby" makes. :eek: I never saw the baby in the store who made the sound, and i think that scared me even more..
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

That would just totally freak me out! :eek:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Trust me it did :cry: I hope that baby NEVER comes back to the store. I dont know what I will do----
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

mess yourself I think! :oops:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote: But my favourites are Lost highway and Mulholland drive.
they are aces :notworthy: :notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Women and tattoo's - why does LiveTV spring to mind?
The wonders of the mind.