San Francisco

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Badlander
Overbomber

tristren wrote:
dtsom wrote:every one must know that in a sisters show there´re a lot of smoke and if you´re a bit far from the stage or in a balcony you won´t see almost anything....
and about the sound: where can you hear the music better?????
In many venues the best place to hear a show is in the balcony. Often if you are right up front you are behind the PZ, and so you can't hear the vocals. From the back, or in the balcony is also a great place to see the lights.
Exactly. You can never have a perfect sound if you're too close to the stage, and you ain't likely to appreciate the light show either. Also, in some venues you have so much reverberation that the sound will be awful anyway, anyhow, anywhen. Most of the time, you have to step back a little to really enjoy the show. I know it's hard for some groupie kind of fans, but you've got to know what you're after...
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Badlander
Overbomber

cultchild wrote:
benda22 wrote:Since you obviously weren't there, and I am a huge Sisters fan (I have over 30 bootleg cds,) you're opinion means absolutely nothing. BTW, I wouldn't p*ss on Kelly Clarkson if she was on fire (or you for that matter.) Canada has produced some amazing comedians, you aren't one of them.
i wasn't trying to be funny!!!
Don't worry. Anyone who feels the need to make a reference to his bootleg collection to sustain that kind of point is hardly worth talking to. See, there are people on this forum who own ten times as many bootleg CDs as this person. And they don't feel the need to brag about it.
It sooooo sounds like "Mine's bigger than yours". :urff:
Last edited by Badlander on 24 Mar 2006, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Badlander wrote:Don't worry. Anyone who uses his bootleg collection to sustain that kind of point is hardly worth talking to. See, there are people on this forum who own ten times as many bootleg CDs as this person. And they don't feel the need to brag about it.
Who's got the biggest one then do you think ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: Who's got the biggest one then do you think ;D
Are you talking boot collection... or else ? :innocent: :lol:
logiclust
Road Kill

tristren wrote: In many venues the best place to hear a show is in the balcony.
the best place to listen is (hopefully) where the house mix is done, at the warfield this is from center balcony.

I've seen countless shows at the warfield including the sisters in '91 where my chest hurt for 2 days after the show from their sonic brillance (i've only heard 1 better sounding show since). SF Warfield used to be my favorite venue in the bay area, bar none. however, since BGP took over operations, the uppers have been tight with dishing out money to the venues and those venues operated by BGP have suffered. Unfortunately, it's usually the artist that gets most of the flack. Kudos to the sisters... they didn't even flinch.

again, bad power at the warfield is surely to blame. the company that did that comedy show had to bring in their own generators because during rehersals they were noticing 20volt drops when lights were being triggered.

p.s. mines the biggest :eek:
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

(originally written for Dominion, but they're been rather annoying lately)

I was at the SF and Chicago shows. (Sisters gigs 7 and 8 for me)

Having been to gigs in '91, '97, '98, '99 and this year, I can say that these last two were not my favorites, but I still had a good time.I don't like some of the new songs, but I there are many I do like, just like on a typical album I would buy. Favorite song on the night was a toss up between Burn and Lucretia and the low point was the tedious Romeo Down. Also, IMO, starting the gig with Crash and Burn was a poor choice. As an opener, it just doesn't start the blood pumping like FALAA, nor does it send chills like Kiss the Carpet.

The SF show had a few sound drop-outs which were pretty annoying when you're in the throes of enjoying one of your favorite songs. It's like when you're having sex and a picture of your grandmother flashes on the wall for 1 second and disappears. Kind of spolis the moment.

Regarding the smoke, I wasn't too bothered by it, but it was definitely the heaviest I'd ever experienced. Chicago's smoke was a bit ridiculous.

I'm not going to complain though. I knew what I was in for. I heard some great songs. Andrew didn't say a peep in Chicago, but in SF (his professed favorite US city) he said "thank you" a few times mumbled some incoherent phrases and he took a LONG (like 30 second) bow after the last encore and said, "the feeling is mutual." I guess that's apt for the people who loved the gig as well as for those who hated it.

In conclusion, this gig was nothing compared to the experience of 15 years ago at the same venue (my recordings of which might even be in your collections) but it was still a f**king Sisters gig, which still enough to hold my attention for a couple of hours.
cultchild
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
cultchild wrote:
benda22 wrote:Since you obviously weren't there, and I am a huge Sisters fan (I have over 30 bootleg cds,) you're opinion means absolutely nothing. BTW, I wouldn't p*ss on Kelly Clarkson if she was on fire (or you for that matter.) Canada has produced some amazing comedians, you aren't one of them.
i wasn't trying to be funny!!!
Don't worry. Anyone who feels the need to make a reference to his bootleg collection to sustain that kind of point is hardly worth talking to. See, there are people on this forum who own ten times as many bootleg CDs as this person. And they don't feel the need to brag about it.
well put badlander!! was going to ask how many kelly clarkson bootlegs they had!!
THE LIGHTS ARE DOING SOME STRANGE THINGS TO MY HEAD
Badlander
Overbomber

cultchild wrote: was going to ask how many kelly clarkson bootlegs they had!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
disillusionment
Road Kill

A friend of mine who was at the show claims they played "Die Schlange" by Project Pitchfork. Can anyone confirm this?
logiclust
Road Kill

as best as i can remember:

Crash & Burn
Doctor Jeep
Detonation Boulevard
Ribbons
Flood I
Giving Ground
Something Fast
Will I Dream
Burn
Alice
We Are The Same, Susanne
summer
Flood II
romeo down
Anaconda
Dominion / Mother Russia
Temple Of Love
Top Night Out
Lucretia My Reflection
First & Last & Always
Vision Thing

they middle is a bit foggy as far as the order (pun intended). the one i didn't recognize ended up being 'will i dream'. no on the wire, teachers or neverland and no covers (unless you count giving ground)
logiclust
Road Kill

just found these
lachert
Overbomber

anyone know how to simple save these flash videos? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Badlander
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
lachert wrote: anyone know how to simple save these flash videos? :eek:

As I was told myself, you're not supposed to be able to save these videos. However... :innocent:

EDIT : Holy crap ! This is for YouTube, not MySpace. :urff:
Last edited by Badlander on 26 Mar 2006, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
beatnick138
Road Kill

logiclust wrote:just found these
Those are my videos. Thanks for posting them. I hadn't gotten around to it yet, but I have been meaning to. :evil:
Badlander
Overbomber

beatnick138 wrote:
Those are my videos. Thanks for posting them. I hadn't gotten around to it yet, but I have been meaning to. :evil:
Do you mind our saving the files ? 8)
beatnick138
Road Kill

Here is a link to my review. I have pictures and videos that I took from the show. Neither of which are very high quality, because the smoke fogged up most of the pictures, and there were Nazi security guards jumping on my back every time they realized I was taking a video.

Regardless, there are some good bits here. Feel free to check them out and save them for your own. :wink:

Click here to see my review on MySpace.
beatnick138
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
Not at all. I just feel like an ass for not posting them first.
Badlander
Overbomber

beatnick138 wrote:
Badlander wrote:
beatnick138 wrote: Those are my videos. Thanks for posting them. I hadn't gotten around to it yet, but I have been meaning to. :evil:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

how do you save myspace stuff? is it just right-click and save (in which case i can't) or is it more complicated?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
lachert
Overbomber

i save entire web page and then get picts from folder :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
disillusionment
Road Kill

Thanks logiclust, that looks right, though I don't remember Crash & Burn at the beginning, I could have confused it with an intro to Doctor Jeep.

beatnick138 the sound on those videos is amazing.
Francis
Overbomber

beatnick138 wrote:
Badlander wrote:
beatnick138 wrote: Those are my videos. Thanks for posting them. I hadn't gotten around to it yet, but I have been meaning to. :evil:
Top stuff. :notworthy:

Seems to cut out too soon though, or am I being simple again?

I want More! :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
logiclust
Road Kill

disillusionment wrote:Thanks logiclust, that looks right, though I don't remember Crash & Burn at the beginning, I could have confused it with an intro to Doctor Jeep.

beatnick138 the sound on those videos is amazing.
now i doubt my memory... very disillusioning
beatnick138
Road Kill

Francis wrote:
beatnick138 wrote:
Badlander wrote: Do you mind our saving the files ? 8)

You're not simple. The videos would've been longer, but I had to turn it off due to security guards aping me, since video cameras weren't allowed. :(
logiclust
Road Kill

beatnick138 wrote:
Francis wrote:
beatnick138 wrote: Not at all. I just feel like an ass for not posting them first.

You're not simple. The videos would've been longer, but I had to turn it off due to security guards aping me, since video cameras weren't allowed. :(
good work anyway!!! I was on the right side, so it's nice to see the opposite view