March 14th - Chicago

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Ocean Moves wrote: Hehe.

Bet I'm flying further than you to get to Spain though ;D

wanna meet?
I know you're coming from Down Under... I'll be just going home for the spring break. We can have some Spanish moscatel.
You are very very bad people and you must be punished
delirium74
Road Kill
Location: springfield illinois, or the town of sporadic tornadic activity

DGP00666 wrote:What happened to that girl who was scolded by the bouncers during one of the last songs? It was funny how Von handled the situation :lol:
my husband was very impressed that he yelled at the bouncer to leave her alone:)
...what? you mean its not a purple rooster????well crap...
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

delirium74 wrote:
DGP00666 wrote:What happened to that girl who was scolded by the bouncers during one of the last songs? It was funny how Von handled the situation :lol:
my husband was very impressed that he yelled at the bouncer to leave her alone:)
So it was you!!!!!!
delirium74
Road Kill
Location: springfield illinois, or the town of sporadic tornadic activity

DGP00666 wrote:
delirium74 wrote:
So it was you!!!!!!
what was me????
the girl???
no way!
i aint that skinny anymore..... :lol:
...what? you mean its not a purple rooster????well crap...
Badlander
Overbomber

delirium74 wrote:
I once saw Max Cavalera (or was it Andreas Kisser ?) hit a bouncer who he thought was too rough.
Kicked him from behind in the middle of a Sepultura gig. :eek:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Yes, I was very proud of our Von... ;D :von: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Silver_Owl
The Don

SINsister wrote:

Yes, I was very proud of our Von... ;D :von: :notworthy:
So what did he say?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hom_Corleone wrote:So what did he say?
I couldn't hear what he said, being as I was at the left side of the stage, but he actually stopped singing, crouched down, and gestured in annoyance at the bouncer to leave the young woman alone. It looked like he yelled or mouthed "Get out", but I couldn't really tell, sorry. I could see the embarrassment on the girl's face as the bouncer yelled at her (she was sitting on someone's shoulders); the brusque manner in which the bouncer had raced to the center stage area led me to think that some serious nonsense was afoot, rather than some lass trying to get a better view... At any rate, ol' Von made the bouncer look like a jerk...and I cheered. HA! :twisted: :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Good old Von.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
pumpgoddess
Road Kill

It was an amazing, unique experience. I'd never seen TSOM before and other than some bootlegs, know so little about them, especially compared to others here. Did know about the smoke but it exceeded my expectations. Transformed it into another place,so I could just leave myself behind.
From reading the posts here, it seems there were lots of disappointed people but I'm not one of them. Like all concerts, I EXPECT to have a good time and usually find something I like. But this exceeded that. After this show and several Cult shows, I feel like I'm in a different place, in my mind and heart. Any band that can do that, has given me more than my money's worth.
Thanks for photos. I LOVED the interplay between the smoke and lights/colors.

Debby
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

SINsister wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:So what did he say?
I couldn't hear what he said, being as I was at the left side of the stage, but he actually stopped singing, crouched down, and gestured in annoyance at the bouncer to leave the young woman alone. It looked like he yelled or mouthed "Get out", but I couldn't really tell, sorry. I could see the embarrassment on the girl's face as the bouncer yelled at her (she was sitting on someone's shoulders); the brusque manner in which the bouncer had raced to the center stage area led me to think that some serious nonsense was afoot, rather than some lass trying to get a better view... At any rate, ol' Von made the bouncer look like a jerk...and I cheered. HA! :twisted: :notworthy: :von:
i got thrown out of a motorhead gig once after a bouncer had punched a girl (all of five foot tall!) in the face. me and this other bloke (we were stood behind her) laid into the bouncer until the other guy got thrown out but for some reason i didn't...so i retired a few rows and spent the rest of the gig chain-smoking marlboros and bouncing the still-lit tips off of the stage-front bouncers' heads. it ended with five of them dragging me outside for a kicking (that i didn't receive due to the lucky intervention of some total strangers who had seen the whole thing) after the last fag-end got the original guy right in the eye. :twisted:

edit: these were venue gorillas NOT MH crew- a point i had to clear up with the roadcrew :notworthy: themselves at a later date.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Isn't it strange that everytime I've seen Motörhead I've seen some fights too? This Lemmy and his lounge music has something that provokes anger.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

naah...i've seen Motorhead 12 times and that's the only time i've seen any trouble at all.

it was all the birmingham indoor arenas fault.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: