Top Nite Out - Leeds in Spring

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm still available earlier on the 8th, depending on what time you're landing here...

Or also depending on what time you're heading south on the Sunday it might be possible to bump into people then...

Not sure about the inbetween London / Paris bit yet though... 8)
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

I reckon getting as much sleep as possible, in a comfy bed, on the inbetween days would be a top idea. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

JansenClone wrote:I'm still available earlier on the 8th, depending on what time you're landing here...

Or also depending on what time you're heading south on the Sunday it might be possible to bump into people then...
Exact times are all in Johnny's hands. I believe he's buying the train tickets soon and then can make plans from there...
hallucienate
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I reckon getting as much sleep as possible, in a comfy bed, on the inbetween days would be a top idea. :D
I've got two weeks of R'n'R (the other kind) at my brother's place in Jersey after Paris for that. First week is for party/tourist stuff.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

hallucienate wrote:
JansenClone wrote:I'm still available earlier on the 8th, depending on what time you're landing here...

Exact times are all in Johnny's hands. I believe he's buying the train tickets soon and then can make plans from there...
No worries chaps. After tomorrow I'll have a better idea of what's occuring and plan accordingly. :wink:

But yes Lucien, you just have to meet the lovely Mr JC. He always forgets all his Sylvian DVD promises (probably because it's 'drunken boys in a pub' when he makes them :innocent: ) but here's still quite lovely. :cool:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
hallucienate wrote:

No worries chaps. After tomorrow I'll have a better idea of what's occuring and plan accordingly. :wink:

But yes Lucien, you just have to meet the lovely Mr JC. He always forgets all his Sylvian DVD promises (probably because it's 'drunken boys in a pub' when he makes them :innocent: ) but here's still quite lovely. :cool:
I guess you'll be ensuring another early train journey then :roll: :roll: :wink:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

hallucienate wrote:
Johnny M wrote:
hallucienate wrote: Exact times are all in Johnny's hands. I believe he's buying the train tickets soon and then can make plans from there...

I guess you'll be ensuring another early train journey then :roll: :roll: :wink:
90mins from PBO to Leeds and if the pubs open at 12 noon that's a 10.30 departure. And as you're two hours ahead of us and your body clock will still be on CPT time, I make that a 12.30 departure for you. :wink:

As you said: it's R'n'R not R'n'R. :von:

Why has the word 'Vortex' just popped into my head? :lol:

hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
Johnny M wrote: No worries chaps. After tomorrow I'll have a better idea of what's occuring and plan accordingly. :wink:

90mins from PBO to Leeds and if the pubs open at 12 noon that's a 10.30 departure. And as you're two hours ahead of us and your body clock will still be on CPT time, I make that a 12.30 departure for you. :wink:

As you said: it's R'n'R not R'n'R. :von:

Why has the word 'Vortex' just popped into my head? :lol:
Vortex? What vortex?

Those times sound quite civilized :eek:
JansenClone

Johnny M wrote:But yes Lucien, you just have to meet the lovely Mr JC. He always forgets all his Sylvian DVD promises (probably because it's 'drunken boys in a pub' when he makes them :innocent: ) but here's still quite lovely. :cool:
Yes... I'll have to make sure I sort those out in time shan't I? :wink:

It's not as if I'm drinking now.. oh hang on...
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

JansenClone wrote:
Johnny M wrote:But yes Lucien, you just have to meet the lovely Mr JC. He always forgets all his Sylvian DVD promises (probably because it's 'drunken boys in a pub' when he makes them :innocent: ) but here's still quite lovely. :cool:
Yes... I'll have to make sure I sort those out in time shan't I? :wink:

It's not as if I'm drinking now.. oh hang on...
Easy tiger. I'm only funning. :wink:

Gosh! Three Very Nice Men (Hal, JC & Francis) and an arrogant 40-something, baldy, shade wearing, chain smoking old man. :von:

Bridge it is then. 8)

JansenClone

Johnny M wrote:Gosh! Three Very Nice Men (Hal, JC & Francis) and an arrogant 40-something, baldy, shade wearing, chain smoking old man. :von:

Bridge it is then. 8)
What, The Bridge?

If you're coming all the way to Kirkstall I can take you to a better pub than that? :wink:

I know, I know...
Francis
Overbomber

So, in view of the fact that young Lucien has chosen the wrong two weeks to come to Blighty, who's gonna make up for his missing the Sisters gig in Leeds and help us fleece him of all his holiday money in a game of three card brag? I understand he's quite a cheap night out, so don't go pleading poverty on us. If you're in the vicinity of Leeds on Saturday 8th April, pop along and meet that rarest of breeds: a nice South African. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

I'll be there
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

James Blast wrote:I'll be there
:eek:

Rock on! 8)

hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
James Blast wrote:I'll be there
:eek:

Rock on! 8)
My sentiments too :notworthy: :notworthy:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Grand!

:notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The best :D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So what's the plan folks? Where are we going to meet up? Or do we play it by ear? Or even play it over there?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

(I stickified this by the way)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Good idea, HatCat.

I'm looking at getting into Leeds either half-twelve, or half-one in the afternoon. I think JansenClone should really be planning this, as he's the one who proposed the lunchtime meet due to unavalibility later on...

Where are far-away people staying, as well? I'll probably end up in the Comfort Inn, if people are local to that...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm hoping to make the lunch-time sesh too. 8)
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

its looking unlikely that we're going to barca now (total apathy on our parts i'm afraid - forgot to book flights & hotels etc :lol: ) so.....

we'll see what we can do ;) 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

We're due into Leeds station at 12:36 on the saturday. Just need to liaise with Our Host for this adventure what his plans are. Watch this space. 8)

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Kerry and I will eat lunch somewhere...

and then drink lunch with you lot. ;D
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I'll be arriving just after Johnny then. Do we have a first port of call, base of operations? The Scarborough, perhaps?

Any plans for Sunday?