Gig Poster Help!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Via ebay I've met a guy who collects gig posters from Punk/New Wave bands late 70's/early 80's. He's interested in some of my collection and has asked me to name my price. That's the problem ... I haven't a clue what they're each worth. £5 or £50? :?

Any experts out there? Or anyone know a resource I can research?

Thanks in advance. :notworthy:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
scotty
Overbomber

Depends what they are I suppose :urff: , I paid thirty quid for an Origional Ghost Dance "River of no Return" promo' poster, a tenner for a LOUD poster and was outbid at sixty quid :eek: for a RED LORRY YELLOW LORRY poster.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

jeezus! so my 5ft albert hall, floodland, and vision thing posters may be worth something? not to mention the alice-era poster quiffboy gave me. (not that i'd part with them).

just out of interest, i've got a "finest adult movies" that i was given. it's definitely from around the FALAA release- was it given away with anything does anyone know? it folds down to a 12" square so it looks as if it may have.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

scotty wrote:Depends what they are I suppose :urff: , I paid thirty quid for an Origional Ghost Dance "River of no Return" promo' poster, a tenner for a LOUD poster and was outbid at sixty quid :eek: for a RED LORRY YELLOW LORRY poster.
I know. Price paid is dependant on how much the buyer really wants it and whether they're a fan. This guy is a Siouxsie/Cure nut so is gaging for a Siouxsie poster (Peterborough 28.08.81) that I have and wil pay top dollar. I've also got a Cure poster up on ebay and he had the balls to ask the reserve. When I told him "as close to £100 as you can get" he replied "no probs, I'll definitely be bidding ..." :eek:

As he's a collector I doubt he would pay top dollar for his second or third tier bands. He might pay £30 for a Damned poster which a Damned fan would pay £60 for. But it would be convenient to offload them in one lot rather than individual ebay sales (which is a lottery at the best of times) unless you really are selling something unique. I'll have to ponder somemore. :roll:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: jeezus! so my 5ft albert hall, floodland, and vision thing posters may be worth something?

Quite possibly but it all depends on numbers produced and numbers still surviving. I'm talking about gig posters from Dusseldorf and Peterborough 77-81 (some autographed, some with ticket stubs) where maybe only 10-20 were ever printed and few, if any, (apart from mine) still exist. 8)

James Blast
Banned

<------squirrels away Bauhaus, Glasgow 06

ye never know :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

James Blast wrote:<------squirrels away Bauhaus, Glasgow 06

That's your pension sorted James. :lol:

scotty
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
James Blast wrote:<------squirrels away Bauhaus, Glasgow 06

That's your pension sorted James. :lol:
Don't mention Pensions :roll: , I should've bought a couple of them myself, I'm sitting here adding up just how much I through out over the years :roll: :evil:
Last edited by scotty on 31 Mar 2006, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

threw oot tons, ma'sel, I feel ashamed noo :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:I've also got a Cure poster up on ebay and he had the balls to ask the reserve. When I told him "as close to £100 as you can get" he replied "no probs, I'll definitely be bidding ..." :eek:
:eek: What kind of poster ? From what period ?
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'll just keep collecting all my tickets, posters, setlists and whatever more then :D

Though I'd rather not get rid of any of 'em...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I'll just keep collecting all my tickets, posters, setlists and whatever more then :D

Though I'd rather not get rid of any of 'em...
I'd have a BUCKET load more of Nephilim, Loud & Creaming Jesus tickets......the draw back of Guest Lists :innocent: ;D ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well indeed, you have to see buying a ticket as an investment. All those freebies, good for nothing ;D :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Well indeed, you have to see buying a ticket as an investment. All those freebies, good for nothing ;D :lol:
Aye, worth FUCKALL on e-bay :roll: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Tickets! ye want Ticket stubs!?

Mott The Hoople - Glasgow Greens Playhouse 1972
The Who - Glasgow, Apollo 1974
The Clash - Dundee Caird Hall, 1978
SKIDS - Glasgow, Apollo 1979

and way too many to mention...
Last edited by James Blast on 31 Mar 2006, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

John, keep 'em. I write off all past, present and future debts. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Tickets! ye want Ticket stubs!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
How was Mott live ?
James Blast
Banned

Badlander wrote:How was Mott live ?
the first time with SAHB in support, or about a year later with Queen? :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
How was Mott live ?
:eek: :eek: "MOTT" obviously means something diffirent in France than it does in the Heilands :eek: :innocent: :twisted:
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Badlander wrote:How was Mott live ?
the first time with SAHB in support, or about a year later with Queen? :innocent:
:eek:
Ye b'stard ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

@ Keith : I trust you on this. :innocent:
Francis
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:@ Keith : I trust you on this. :innocent:
In my experience, Keith is less than trustworthy. Unless you've got a rodent problem. :innocent:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
scotty
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Badlander wrote:@ Keith : I trust you on this. :innocent:
In my experience, Keith is less than trustworthy. Unless you've got a rodent problem. :innocent:
:eek: ..................... :lol: :notworthy: ....or want to go for a curry at a ridiculous time of the morning 8)
James Blast
Banned

the smell of steel on steel, rails bent out of shape, wood cracked and broken, chuckies aw o'er thi shop...
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ JB

Check out a very select website called - I think ELI.Com or something like that - they sell anything rare - and buy stuff too. I know they have Sisters ticket stubbs selling at £12.99!!!!!

@ Johnny Boy - You should also do the same - I am sure they are selling and buying rare posters.

I find their prices ridiculous - but if YOUR selling and they are buying you could be quids in.

I am not sure on the name - just google ELI Music store - they are besed in the UK

Hope this helps

Knew You'd Be Pleased......
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

scotty wrote: I'd have a BUCKET load more of Nephilim, Loud & Creaming Jesus tickets......the draw back of Guest Lists :innocent: ;D ;D
Ah, but did you get a creaming jesus dolly.

<-------

one of six made for the band members, me and my mate. andy's g/f made them as xmas presents :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

I'll have to look out what old posters I have, if they're gonna be worth something.
The only one I know for certain I have is a dayglo yellow Zodiac Mindwarp Leeds 28 April (1987) as it's on my ceiling. I did have more posters on my ceiling but I got fed up with having to put them back up every time they fell down, and that's the only one that never fell down.