WAR!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

now that's just cheating di. if everybody just said for or against i'd have nothing to argue about :roll:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:In the early 60's - JFK "bought the bullit!"
In the Early 80's - Reagan ALMOST "Bought the Bullit!"
Its early 2000's - "Bush's " turn is fast approaching
He deserves it!

As for the imminent "War" - Due to "Dubya's" failure to capture "Bin Laden" he has to prove his "worth" to the *cough* American People!
Why do you call him Dubya? I still haven't got the meaning.
dead stars

RicheyJames wrote:now that's just cheating di. if everybody just said for or against i'd have nothing to argue about :roll:
Read it again. It's all there.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

dead inside wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:In the early 60's - JFK "bought the bullit!"
In the Early 80's - Reagan ALMOST "Bought the Bullit!"
Its early 2000's - "Bush's " turn is fast approaching
He deserves it!

As for the imminent "War" - Due to "Dubya's" failure to capture "Bin Laden" he has to prove his "worth" to the *cough* American People!
it's because when you say "w" in a bush-style texan drawl it comes out as "dubya". so bush jr is george dubya bush

and this is the dubya dubya dubya :wink:
dead stars

RicheyJames wrote:
dead inside wrote:
it's because when you say "w" in a bush-style texan drawl it comes out as "dubya". so bush jr is george dubya bush

and this is the dubya dubya dubya :wink:
Thanks! Now I get it!
:D
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Worst quote so far on the "action" this early am..is from someone in Jordan...who said "stuck between Iraq and a hard place"....sad but true....
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

:!: I'm dead in favour of a war.

It all comes down to wether or not you trust Blair and Bush, and even though I despise them both, I like and trust them a lot more than I do Saddam. People are coming out with ridiculous conspiracy theories left right and center ("it's all about oil" etc.), without bothering to research into what they are saying.
Gazza for England manager
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Now I'm hungry, I hope Mcdonalds is still open. And they should send in Superman to get Saddam (it's the only way they're gonna kill him)
Gazza for England manager
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

Peace, man !
8)
X
Shooting Fire From The Hip

Now are they saying
A, There is no shrubbery in this field.
B, we dont like the President.
C, we all just got a group discount from the beuty parlour waxing salon

This is a serious question.
You can keep your Krishna burger's, and your Glastonbury hippie's, you can stick your frothy lager and your blow wave hair styles.
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ooops I thought this was a thread about Black Flag.
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Cyn...how dare you nick my photo for your avatar..... :lol:

Thought I had a copywrite on being Scottish !
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Does anyone know where there's a webcast taken from a camera on a sniper's sight?

Just wondering

Although the idea that

"if you have to ask then its not operation shock and awe"

is quite appealing in a sick kind of way!
Goths have feelings too
The Green Lantern

I'm neither. The war's there. It has started. I hope it's short and sweet and that it doesn't effect the world economy too much and that China and Turkey sits tight. I also hope that someone will bring me a nice, cool longdrink anytime soon.
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

The war is not being exploited by media enough.

Reality TV is all well and good, but at present shows a disappointing ability to adapt and make the most of the zeitgeist. We should have I'm a celebrity get me out of here (Baghdad). Pick your six c list celebs. Thos that don't get voted out erm...stay.

You could have an extended holiday programme on the best locations from which to view proceedings, helicopter tours overhead, and your choice of club reps: US marines or Desert Rats. A booze cruise to Baghdad. Tanning by the burning oil fields.

Candid Camera: "Now", says Beedle, face caked in sweat and desert sand, "what GI Joe doesn't know is that we have replaced the depleted uranium shells in his howitzer AK47 bluetooth light sabre with Vienna's finest sacher torte and cream".

Intercative bomb Iraq. Press the red button on your TV sets and...

An eastenders special: Nathalie, Barry and Ricky fight it out in down town etc etc

The problem with internartional conflicts run by the US is that not enough damn imagination goes into them. Get the Iti's on board I say.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Master Margarita wrote:The war is not being exploited by media enough.

Reality TV is all well and good, but at present shows a disappointing ability to adapt and make the most of the zeitgeist. We should have I'm a celebrity get me out of here (Baghdad). Pick your six c list celebs. Thos that don't get voted out erm...stay.

You could have an extended holiday programme on the best locations from which to view proceedings, helicopter tours overhead, and your choice of club reps: US marines or Desert Rats. A booze cruise to Baghdad. Tanning by the burning oil fields.

Candid Camera: "Now", says Beedle, face caked in sweat and desert sand, "what GI Joe doesn't know is that we have replaced the depleted uranium shells in his howitzer AK47 bluetooth light sabre with Vienna's finest sacher torte and cream".

Intercative bomb Iraq. Press the red button on your TV sets and...

An eastenders special: Nathalie, Barry and Ricky fight it out in down town etc etc

The problem with internartional conflicts run by the US is that not enough damn imagination goes into them. Get the Iti's on board I say.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

you are a star! feckin hilarous!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
cyn

Zuma wrote:Cyn...how dare you nick my photo for your avatar..... :lol:

Thought I had a copywrite on being Scottish !
Woohoo, so you can tell it's a kilt.
Thought the pic was kinda dark.
;D
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Against.

I have many reasons, but I think your boy Robin Cook stated it very eloquently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2859431.stm
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

So against this war!

It's not that I like Saddam, far from it, but if George and Tony want to start occupying the moral high ground I can think of various other equally oppressive regimes.
How about freeing Tibet for a start.?
Surely they've suffered enough already?
What about Israel and Palastine or closer to home Northern Ireland?
Duh! I forgot, there's no exploitable resources there. That, and let's face it, the West is s**t scared of China.
No, this war isn't purely about oil, but it helps.
The American plans for the rebuilding of Iraq involve only opening the tenders to American companies. Pure genius - they bomb Iraq and then make money by making the Iraqis pay with their own oil revenues.
Talk about jobs for the boys!
This war is about as manufactured and unjust as you can get.
:x :x :x
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

The Green Lantern wrote:I'm neither. The war's there. It has started. I hope it's short and sweet and that it doesn't effect the world economy
god yeah - woe betide an illegal and immoral war slows down the tide of multinational capitalism

:shrug:
dead stars

Erudite wrote: What about Israel and Palastine or closer to home Northern Ireland?
If Ireland and Spain had any oil or other profitable resources, the Bask country and North Ireland had already been "saved" from their dictatorial regimes and America would had set them into the path of "democracy and freedom".
That's right. America would attack its good friend UK, or at least be in North Ireland's side.
It's disgusting!
zigeunerweisen

Against

Reasons: For all the reasons everyone is so tired of listening to and that many others have stated far better than i could.

I'm not a pacifist, men are bellical beings by nature and it is innevitable wars occur sometimes, but we should do everything we can to avoid them as much as we can.
Like some spanish politician said, war is the last resort, not the second, not the third, not the one before last, but the absolute last.

Well, even if the killing of people that didn't ask to be involved with all this mess wasn't enough reason, i don't want to live in a world controlled by a super power. I don't want a new world order controlled by americans, for americans, where the rest of us are just a way for profit. Oh darn, maybe i'm naive and this is happening now already. If at least they had pretty women, decent food and good movies every now and then, i could change my mind, but not even that. Their women are made of plastic, their food is made of plastic and their movies, well, what can i say about their movies, they are just so BAD.

And i may add that i am very disappointed with the british government for the lack of class they showed toward France. I expected insults from americans, we all know how tactless and plain idiots they are, but from brits? That was classless. I was amused to see how the americans and the brits at one point tried to blame France for what was going on, like it was France's responsability for the war, they do have a lot of nerve. Propaganda's a bitch, ain'it?

And americans must realise that the world doesn't hate them, but their government, just like my critics are not geared toward americans in general but their regime, i mean, government. We all know not all americans support Bush, as not all brits support Blair. And even though the american regime, government i mean, says they have the support of 45 nations, what they mean is that they have the political (hypocritical?) support of 45 governments, not the people's.
But i've been seing the war protests throughout the world and it is nice to see so many people getting involved and interested in what is going on with their planet these days, sometimes people can surprise us.

First american and brit casualties already, let's hope these are the last as well.

Perfect scenario: The war ends today, Saddam is dead, no more killings from either side and world economy picks up again and everyone is happy.

By the way, i've been reading in the news, american scientists are trying to find a way of multinational's logos to appear from the smoke of the explosions. I can understand them, how can they pass up this great opportunity for advertising, after all, everyone is watching.
From ZMM:
"... and there goes another bomb... boooooooom, another iraqui government facility destroyed, good shot, nice intelligent bombs our troops have, only a couple hundred colateral damages this time... and there you go, there's the logo, you can see it clearly, this bomb was brought to you by MaC B's, one of our army sponsors. Support our troops and show your patriotism, eat at Mac B's... thanks for the input Jim, lets see who sponsors the next one, don't miss it, right here, at this channel... after the break"
cyn

My war you're one of them
You say that your my friend
But your one of them

You don't want to see me live
You don't want me to give
Cuz your one of them

But your one of them

I might not know what a friend it
All I know is what you've got
Cuz your one of them

You say yur my friend
But your one of them

I have a predictionm It lives in my brain
It's with me everyday, it drives me insane
I feel it in my heart, that if I had a gun
I feel it in my heart, I'd wanna kill some
I fell it in my heart, the end will come
Come on!

But your one of them

Tell me that I'm wrong
Try to to sing me your ego song
Your one of them

My War!
dead stars

zigeunerweisen wrote:
I'm not a pacifist

Now that I think about it, neither am i! :eek:

my critics are not geared toward americans in general but their regime, i mean, government.
Ehehehe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And even though the american regime, government i mean,
Ehehehe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: