Q: Where did all those blimmin' Goths come from then?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

If you thought the answer was Leeds...

Incorrect!

They all piled in a longboat full of eyeliner and barrels of snakebite and black from Gothenburg (or Göteborg if you're gonna be like that) of course*! :wink:

And because I'm so secure in the knowledge that I am not in any way shape or form one of those 'orrible dorty goffix :innocent: :P , I'm going to pay this city one of my "visits" this weekend. Just my luck that Eldritch chap's going to be there *next* weekend :cry: :roll: .

Can anyone tell me anything about the place? Where to go, what to look out for etc. And could any of our Schwee-dish readers translate a bit of lingo for the sauna, "Excuse me, but my famously reserved national culture has engendered in me a distinct uneasiness when confronted by a group of stark bollock naked people, please put a towel round yourself, for the love of all that is holy! :eek: " It would be much appreciated ;D .

Libs is doing Norway this year, so do keep an eye on Reuters for breaking news of an HL Burdz coup of the Nordic countries :twisted: 8) .

VALHALLA I AM COMING!

*This may or may not be entirely factually accurate. That could've just been Norwegians that went about in longboats. And I don't know if the bit about eyeliner and Snakebite's true either. Still, it's a mental image, isn't it?
Last edited by boudicca on 06 Apr 2006, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andy TG
Overbomber

Have Fun and Be Careful - Ya Bloody Goth ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
smiscandlon
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I'm so secure in the knowledge that I am not in any way shape or form one of those 'orrible dorty goffix :innocent: :P
Lunchtime. Yesterday. One of us went back to work. The other went off into the most goffik shop in Glasgow to look for earrings (I believe "dangling shoulder-bruisers" was the actual phrase used).

Can anyone guess which was which?
Andy TG wrote:Have Fun and Be Careful - Ya Bloody Goth ;-)
What he said. :wink: :kiss:
анархия
hallucienate
Overbomber

Gothenburg? pffft!!! I'm going to the UK this afternoon, now that's pretty bloody exotic!

Have a great time anyway ;)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Have a good time and be careful for you never know what those Northern types are up to :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote:Lunchtime. Yesterday. One of us went back to work. The other went off into the most goffik shop in Glasgow to look for earrings (I believe "dangling shoulder-bruisers" was the actual phrase used).

Can anyone guess which was which?
I can't believe you're admitting going shopping for pretty lady's jewelry Steven! :eek: :P :wink: :innocent:

@Zeno - Those pesky "Northern types" will be comprehensively subdued, you can bank on it! :twisted: ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Alright, I'll just be watching the news 'til you're on then :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:And could any of our Schwee-dish readers translate a bit of lingo for the sauna, "Excuse me, but my famously reserved national culture has engendered in me a distinct uneasiness when confronted by a group of stark bollock naked people, please put a towel round yourself, for the love of all that is holy! :eek: "
Yeah, I'm wondering how to pronounce :eek: in Swedish too. :lol:

Enjoy ^_^
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Dark wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering how to pronounce :eek: in Swedish too. :lol:
eek is eek in any language... :wink:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: Libs is doing Norway this year
Monday actually ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote: Libs is doing Norway this year
Monday actually ;D
GAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR! :twisted: NO MERCY!

Aside to the others: Don't tell her I already subdued the place last year, she'll think she did it all by herself! :P :innocent: :wink:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The great rock'n'roll invasion machine rolls on! Have fun, try and come back alive...?

:notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:
Dark wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering how to pronounce :eek: in Swedish too. :lol:
eek is eek in any language... :wink:
just be sure and point at their 'bits' when you say that
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well I've already done Finland.. so all we need is someone to do Denmark and maybe someone else at a push to do Iceland and HL will have invaded the whole of Scandanavia...

Time to move on to a new continent perchance....
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Plans to go to Iceland are already in production!
Andy TG
Overbomber

In that case does anyone mind if I Annex Poland ;-)

Please dont take offence, or a gate or a small potting shed!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M