Seattle @ The Premier Mar 25

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:there's no way eldritch is behind the sound being turned down.
I think some of the problem here is that people say "the sound" when what they really mean is "the vocal". He absolutely has control over that, unless his sound guy is working by braille. Although I have to admit that it was, at times, far easier to hear the fuckwits behind me talking than it should have been. That is not typically an issue with this club...
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Jaryn wrote:I have no idea why I wrote BASS player, when I was thinking other guitar player.
Maybe because the 'other guitar player' was notably playing bass much of the time? Unless there is maybe something else you want to call a four-stringed, bass-strung guitar?

Don't know if that has been the case for the rest of the tour, but it sure was here. And I recall reading complaints about the lack thereof in other (non-Heartland) forums, so it would seem the show is undergoing an evolutionary process...of which Europe and Britain will reap the ultimate benefits.

Drat :|
I live on the wrong continent (as if I didn't already know that...)
--Elizabeth von Arnim
BlueLamp
Road Kill

Speaking of the guy who got kicked out of the club, I was one of the people he was assaulting. He rammed my knee into the metal grate in front and it still hurts, as well as putting all of his weight on me to try to get me to move. He was also verbally attacking me which was pretty useless because I've heard it all before. I was standing right next to the guy who finally got the securities attention. I thought that was cute that a bunch of people cheered while he was being hauled away. Ha ha-miserable little weasel. --Fine way to treat me on my damn birthday. :twisted:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

BlueLamp wrote:Speaking of the guy who got kicked out of the club, I was one of the people he was assaulting...Fine way to treat me on my damn birthday. :twisted:
I was standing right behind you :wink:

I've been abused worse at other shows, but only in the pit. Not only was the guy a flaming dickhead, but the women with him were actually talking quite loudly about how they were just going to shove us all out of the way. I guess they thought I looked harmless; they have no idea how many bruises I'd be willing to endure - or inflict - under the circumstances :twisted:

Sorry it couldn't have been a better experience for you, given it was your birthday and all :( And I do apologise for occasionally invading your space somewhat - couldn't be helped. But at least he got the heave-ho eventually, which seemed to discourage the rest of them as well. And hey, they failed to dislodge you! Your tenacity paid off in the end...
--Elizabeth von Arnim
BlueLamp
Road Kill

I was wondering if you were the one behind me! I'm sorry I kept trying to get you to back off, I am a little claustrophobic and I get tense when people are real close to me. I realize that in that kind of situation it's going to happen. I didn't know that guy was with anyone. I just know that I had to use every muscle in my body to keep him from shoving me out of the way. I don't get why there was -one-security guard in the front. At the Arizona show some jerk got up onstage and there were about 3 or 4 guards there. All, of course, not paying any attention to some weird guy trying to molest Andrew. All facing the audience. Too strange. 8)
BlueLamp
Road Kill

Oh, I had a blast-it was weird having Andrew spend that much time in front of us. The concert was great except for the short time that the idiots invaded. And the sound was clearer than the show at home. The best part of it was having Rob open, I couldn't stand listening to another hour or two of the Warlocks. Very boring band. Sorry if anyone really likes them, I can't see why they would, though.