Some Kind Of Stranger-Leeds 26.10.84

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Dan
Overbomber

Does this exist? All tapes I've heard cut out after the first 10 seconds. Does nobody have a full version?
hallucienate
Overbomber

I just got a copy of the gig today, my version cuts out after 47 secs. Round about the second line of Von singing :(
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've got a full version of the recording if you need one, sound quality is average to muddy (sorry, personal rating system) but I'll do you copy if you like...

Michael
Brad

I am interested in the full version of SKOS. Mine cuts out at 1:08.
Email me for a list.
Brad

I am interested in the full version of SKOS. Mine cuts out at 1:08.
Email me for a list.
Dan
Overbomber

Me too! Mine cuts out after 10 seconds.
hallucienate
Overbomber

and me...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if anyone would be nice enough to ftp it up to the usual place...? ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
JansenClone

The thought occurs that I might have accidentally misled people here, sorry! I was meaning I have a full live version of 'Some Kind Of Stranger' from an old bootleg compilation tape. If it's just the Leeds show you're after I can't confirm it's that one, I've never been that bothered about live boots so I don't really collect many! Anyway, there's a 1 in 5 (Birmingham, Leeds, Edinburgh, Blackburn or London) chance it could be Leeds so I've uploaded it to the files section of:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities15/

If someone could listen to it and tell which show it is I'd develop a grateful smile :D

Michael
Dan
Overbomber

It's from London Lyceum 25.3.85. The right channel is awfully distorted as to be useless. When this happens it's best to throw it away, and copy the left channel onto the right, or you can save it as a mono mp3 and halve the bitrate (128kbps stereo = same quality as 64kbps mono for example), and is also a good way to fit more into your 5mb in yahoogroups, especially when most live recordings are recorded with a single mic and theres no benefit from having it as stereo.

Also I noticed you uploaded the whistle test audio. An additional piece of information is that although the show was broadcast on the 4th april it was recorded on the 2nd.
JansenClone

Thanks Dan!

I've tried fiddling about with the channels both ways round, but I think I'm better off waiting until my ears have recovered fom the usual weekend noise trauma to check which sounds best. It's never going to come out wonderfully, but I might as well get rid of any unnecessary distortion :D

I'll adjust the information about the Whistle Test performances too, cheers! By the way, I'd uploaded the track to the ftp 'Incoming' before I read Dan's message so it might be a good idea to delete that until I've cleaned it a little!
Dan
Overbomber

Oops, I just discovered one of my speakers is seriously playing up, so the right channel of that mp3 might be ok after all. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: