Fields Of The Nephilim to release single!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

...Check out the "Info" -bit on their website!

YAAY! :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*jaw hits floor*
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the bit about them working richard stanley? that was mentioned a few days ago on here somewhere :?

http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/Nephilim77.htm
The Neph wrote:DUST DEVILS

Cult film director and producer Richard Stanley, whose post apocolyptic visions
were given life to in his nihilistic sci-fi classic Hardware (1990)
is set to revitalise his long standing relationship with Carl McCoy and Fields of the Nephilim.

Stanley,whose intensely personal blockbuster Hardware (which featured a cameo from Carl McCoy)
was followed by the critically acclaimed Dust Devil (1992), turned his back on mainstream
cinema to pursue his preoccupation with the occult and its interaction with what we call reality.
Having just completed a BBC documentary on the voodoo culture of Haiti his next project will be
to direct a promo video for an as yet to be announced track from
Fields of the Nephilim’s triumphant studio album Mourning Sun.

Stanley has created an impressive body of work over the last two decades, retaining an intensely loyal fan base,
not to mention the critical acclaim of his peers. Famed for declining many more commissions than he accepts,
it is testament to Fields of the Nephilim’s resurgence that he has chosen to work on this project.
Stanley was also responsible for the band’s first ever video promos,
Preacher Man and Blue Water almost two decades ago. Carl and Richard have remained firm friends ever since,
and the band’s renaissance has provided the impetus they needed to reignite their creative relationship.
‘It’s a meeting of minds, and we have unfinished business!’ said Carl McCoy this week,
after hearing the news. ‘Richard and I go back a long way, and he has remained an admirer of the band.
’Carl’s regard for Richard’s creative talent is also obvious.
‘He has a unique vision and perspective which parallels my own in musical terms.
We have subconsciously been waiting to work with each other on a serious Nephilim venture for a while.

With everything falling into place with the re-emergence of Fields of the Nephilim,
the time is right.’’Mourning Sun has never just been about releasing a collection of songs’ continues McCoy,
’Listened to as an album, it forms a cohesive whole that takes the listener through a sonic landscape.
Richard’s intuitive knowledge of that landscape will add a luxuriantly textured visual layer to the music,
and the video promises to become a work of art in its own right.’With a twenty year gap between collaborations,
McCoy and Stanley are looking forward to recreating visually the intensity and intricacy of Mourning Sun.

They share a vision, a vision they want to share with us too.
After twenty years, fate has finally provided the opportunity for them to
create a cinematic masterpiece to rival Mourning Sun’s considerable success.
also, this looks interesting:

THE NEPHILIM ONLINE STORE
http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/RK/Nstorehome.htm
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i think i've got that 7" on the bottom of this page:
http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/RK/Nmedia.htm

'course, not signed by Carl... :urff:
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

I liked the bit in the "Downloads section"

"new products coming zoon"

*groan*
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
wild bill buttock

I won't hold my breath,I'm still waiting for the tour dates to be announced.f**king McCoy is more frustrating than Eldritch in his lack of action or info to his fans.I'd dearly love to hate the pretentious mystical bull-s**t-ting bastard if he didn't write the greatest music in the history of the planet!
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Looking forward to this, 'The Nephilim' is one of my all time favourite albums.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Here's hoping it's Straight To The Light :D

Looking forward to seeing him/them on TOTP and CD:UK :wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well, keep saturdays free for cd:uk recordings..
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
wild bill buttock

I hate to be pesimistic etc etc.But I can't see anywere it says they're releasing a single.And to honest I don't see how anything from Mourning sun is an obvious single anyway.Very much an album rather than a collection of catchy choons.I did read that they were going to release a single before Mourning sun was released but the track in question never made it onto the album.
Perhaps it just needs a quick lick into shape and if Lightening McCoy's current workrate and past perfomance is anything to go by we'll see the new single in early 2009.

BTW what was everyone's opinion on Mourning sun?
mugabe

There's a nice (rather) recent interview to be found here.

I like Mourning Sun. The songs are like bubblegum versions of "Psychonaut", which is not necessarily a bad thing. Production could have been better, though, especially drums-wise.

My guess is that "New Gold Dawn" will be the single.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Badlander
Overbomber

:eek: :D
Me happy.
wild bill buttock wrote:And to honest I don't see how anything from Mourning sun is an obvious single anyway.Very much an album rather than a collection of catchy choons.
Were For her light and Sumerland such obvious choices ? The former was part of a 15 minutes epic and it turned out to be arguably their best single ever.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
scotty
Overbomber

Badlander wrote::...and it turned out to be arguably their best single ever.
I still say Preacher Man was the best single, the For Her Light Tour was a great affair though, LOUD were supporting :notworthy: :notworthy: , the Summer of my life :D
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
davedecay

the double-cd version of Revelations is killer, too...

http://www.discogs.com/release/498908

In Every Dream Home A Heartache is a great cover!
Badlander
Overbomber

davedecay wrote: In Every Dream Home A Heartache is a great cover!
The original version isn't bad either. 8)
Especially the live version on the Viva ! album, which is a real gem.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Straight to the light, is floating around as a promo
cd . 2 track one cd version , one edit i think..
davedecay

Badlander wrote:
davedecay wrote: In Every Dream Home A Heartache is a great cover!
The original version isn't bad either. 8)
Especially the live version on the Viva ! album, which is a real gem.
true true, love that Roxy Music.

"The increasingly disturbing and quite pervy 'In Every Dream Home A Heartache' tells the story of a man's blow-up doll whilst fooling the listener into thinking it's about modern living."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

mugabe wrote:There's a nice (rather) recent interview to be found here.
Thanks for that! More Nephilim gobbledegook and gibberish - Keep Talkin', Carl! :notworthy:

Please play Leeds on the tour...
Stoat Grinder
Road Kill

A good friend of mine is interviewing Carl for the Kerrang FM radio station very shortly so that should make for good listening. I'll let you know broadcast dates etc.
Apparently there will be a tour later in the year but no further info as yet.

As for a single Carl has missed a trick. He should of stuck some sleigh bells on "She" and released it in December. Guaranteed Xmas No 1. If you dont beleive me go have a listen and imagine those sleigh bells...... Cliff Richard eat your heart out !!!! ( or should that be tear your f**king heart out !) :twisted:
Unspoilt By Progress
Dark
Underneath the Rock

davedecay wrote:true true, love that Roxy Music.
Love that cover of Both Ends Burning that Ghost Dance did :innocent:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Stoat Grinder wrote:A good friend of mine is interviewing Carl for the Kerrang FM radio station very shortly so that should make for good listening. I'll let you know broadcast dates etc.
Apparently there will be a tour later in the year but no further info as yet.

As for a single Carl has missed a trick. He should of stuck some sleigh bells on "She" and released it in December. Guaranteed Xmas No 1. If you dont beleive me go have a listen and imagine those sleigh bells...... Cliff Richard eat your heart out !!!! ( or should that be tear your f**king heart out !) :twisted:
'don't let the bells end.. '
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
wild bill buttock

Badlander wrote::eek: :D
Me happy.
wild bill buttock wrote:And to honest I don't see how anything from Mourning sun is an obvious single anyway.Very much an album rather than a collection of catchy choons.
Were For her light and Sumerland such obvious choices ? The former was part of a 15 minutes epic and it turned out to be arguably their best single ever.
Normally I'd agree but being as For her light came out as a single a couple of months before Elisium.It worked well in its edited version.Must admit though when I hear the single version now at the end I'm waiting for the "Yes today all that I knew...".Sumerland was never a good single but still a cracking remix of an album track.My point is,that to me,nothing from the album could now be a single as the whole album is a For her light style epic that works brilliantly as a whole but take,say "Straight to the light" individually and it could easily be NFD or(God forbid)Rubicon.
I love "Mourning sun" and,in the classic Neph style,it just gets better on every listen.My only critism is that it lacks the spontinatity of a band.Obviously it will never compete with the genius of either "Elisium" or "The Nephilim" but it ain't far behind and certainly the best trad-goth album in 15 years.BTW Psychonaut is the finest piece of music ever made let alone single!
scotty
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
davedecay wrote:true true, love that Roxy Music.
Love that cover of Both Ends Burning that Ghost Dance did :innocent:
I'm going to by a VERY large drink upon our first meeting young Dark :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
wild bill buttock

Just finished listening to Carl McCoy being interviewed on Kerrang radio's "The Slab".Ace interview.Apart from someone called Wild bill Buttock getting namechecked,Carl announced the band will be touring the U.K. and Europe in the Autumn!
Plus when asked about the Goth question he didn't deny being a goth.Hoo-f**king-ray!At last one of my heroes doesn't actually deny it.
The show is,I believe,going to be streamed onto the web from the Kerrang radio website.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

wild bill buttock wrote: Plus when asked about the Goth question he didn't deny being a goth.Hoo-f**king-ray!At last one of my heroes doesn't actually deny it.
Mine didn't either:

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10587&start=50

;) :notworthy: