susanne video on official site

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Crystal Methedrine
Road Kill

hallucienate wrote:For any narrowband users out there: I've ripped the audio from the AVi file and converted it into MP3, currently I've got it at a high bit-rate, but that could be changed. If anyone is interested shout.

Maybe there is someone out there who can offer web space ? :innocent:
I am interested, 8)
Ribbons75
Road Kill

hallucienate wrote:
Ribbons75 wrote:F A N T A S T I C !!!!!!!
But.... if it is an official video, means that then the dvd it will be made? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Some computer's genius between you would succeed to make of a mp3? Pleaseeeeeeeee...... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Byeeeeeeeee !!!!
see my post above your one.
Opppssss...... :oops: :oops: Sorry... I do it !!! Thank you and thank a the VirtualDub ! :) :)
Bye !!!
hallucienate
Overbomber

Anybody got more webspace than me for the MP3 version? My resources on bandwidth are a bit limited when it comes to hosting MP3's
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

you could upload it to one of those Yahoo group thingies?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:you could upload it to one of those Yahoo group thingies?
good idea. I'll right now it's over 7 megs, so I'll compress it at home tonight to a lower bit-rate and upload it tomorrow. Any objections from the person you started the sisters yahoo thingy?
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:good idea. I'll right now it's over 7 megs, so I'll compress it at home tonight to a lower bit-rate and upload it tomorrow. Any objections from the person you started the sisters yahoo thingy?
might be easier to start your own group( http://groups.yahoo.com/start ) and call it "Sisters-Susanne" or something. 5.2 meg is the most you can upload I think.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

A cynical thought occurred

Did another thread on Heartland shame the Sisters Webmaster into uploading Susanne?

And shouldn't the fact that "millions" of people all tried to download something new, whilst none of the tour dates are sold out tell them something :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
hallucienate
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:
hallucienate wrote:good idea. I'll right now it's over 7 megs, so I'll compress it at home tonight to a lower bit-rate and upload it tomorrow. Any objections from the person you started the sisters yahoo thingy?
might be easier to start your own group( http://groups.yahoo.com/start ) and call it "Sisters-Susanne" or something. 5.2 meg is the most you can upload I think.
cool, I'll figure out something once the file size is down to under 5.2 meg. I won't be doing any uploading before tomorrow. Any objections from official sources should be raised by then, please.
Last edited by hallucienate on 26 Mar 2003, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"Did another thread on Heartland shame the Sisters Webmaster into uploading Susanne?"

which other thread? "valentine" :D :D :D :urff: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Crystal Methedrine
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:in light of the circumstances, the ftp site is now solely dedicated to this avi:

SISTERS_-_SUSANNE_live25_rough.avi

ftp://quiffboy.myftp.org/

for the foreseeable future... :von:
Hi Quiff Boy,
is this link still working ? I would like to have my Susanne's copy...
8)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

BodyElectric wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:in light of the circumstances, the ftp site is now solely dedicated to this avi:

Hi Quiff Boy,
is this link still working ? I would like to have my Susanne's copy...
8)
that link is my home computer... which at the moment is turned off. try it again later this evening... or just wait for a parcel from your friendly postman in a day or two :)

i thought about volunteering my services to the sisters to "officially" host it but as the pc isnt always online i assumed they wouldnt go for it. :(
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 27 Mar 2003, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i thought about volunteering my services to the sisters to "officially" host it but as the pc isnt always online i assumed they wouldnt go for it. :(
well there's that, but they might also find your domain name offensive ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

whats wrong with my domain name?!?! :o

i quite like "www.i_am_a_dodgy_darkling_and_eldritch_IS_a_goth.com" ;)

anyway, i just so happen to have a bank of domain names that could be used ;) :innocent:
Dan
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote: cool, I'll figure out something once the file size is down to under 5.2 meg.
As it's a mono recording you can make it a mono mp3 and you can halve the bitrate. I just made a 128kbps mono mp3 (so same quality as 256 stereo) and it's 4.12mb. This can be done for any live recording (where stereo really isn't an issue) for uploading to yahoo.

I just attempted to upload it to yahoo myself, but there's summat wrong and whenever I upload to yahoo and other sites that have web-based uploaders the file gets totally screwed up, so it has to be ftp.
paint it black

Quiff Boy wrote:"Did another thread on Heartland shame the Sisters Webmaster into uploading Susanne?"

which other thread? "valentine" :D :D :D :urff: :roll:

Well obviously Quiffy. They were so impressed by our intellectual prowess and close insight into the hidden depths of the song

Or could it be

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1603

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I think if Von had read the Valentine thread he would have cancelled the tour!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Indeed.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
paint it black

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Indeed.

Oh oh!

he's back :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dan wrote:

To save your bandwidth and help people get it faster you might wanna convert it to mpg wit tmpgenc available from http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

It took my pc 15 min to convert it to a 45mb mpg and the quality is identical.
indeed it is!!

i've just used that program you mentioned and the results are just fine and dandy, and as you say its only about 45mb, not 100mb! which has to be a good thing.

anyways, the compressed mpg version is in the usual place for download if anyone feels they can handle 45mb :)

oh, and my pc took 3 minutes ;) :twisted: :innocent: ;D
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 27 Mar 2003, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just to move this on ever so slightly...What do people THINK of the vid..?

I have to say it's just bl**dy good to see something 'new' after all these years...I know there's been some criticism elsewhere of all the slow-mo stuff, but hey - it's a step on from the weird and wonderful 'effects' on Wake after all...(not that I'm dissing that...it's, let's say, a period piece...summoning up the Zeitgeist - or some other crap)

Plus, the sound quality's pretty damn impressive...In fact, so impressive I'd wager it could even be a (*whisper it*) studio version...which might at least slightly explain why it's not all completely in-synch with the piccies...

The roughcut for the video for the new single anybody..??? :eek: :twisted: :innocent:

We can dream... :notworthy: 8) :lol:
Amused to death...
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Umm, am i the only one who hasn't got the video? I already reached my monthly d/l limit and until April i can't d/l anything else, much less something 100mbs big.
Will it be available then? I've been reading stuff like other sites putting it out for download?
And for the people that were whining about it, this is a gift, it is free, if you don't like it, $#£#$@£# you. Ok, i haven't even seen it yet, it might be really bad, i don't know.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ok befor i start, i really like susanne, and i like the video so nobody complain about me being ungratefull or anything...

I felt the video was, ok.. nothing brilliant just ok. but susanne isnt my favourite of the 'new' songs. And i think the slow mo guitars and overlays of the guitarists actually fit with the overall brooding mood of the song. And now id like to see the video for Crash n Burn please mr Sheehan ;)

Gary.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Can someone please download the Susanne MP3 from here check if it is OK, currently I am unable to listen to music and won't be until I get home in an hour.

It seems to download OK, I'm just wondering if it got corrupted.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities16/
hallucienate
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:Can someone please download the Susanne MP3 from here check if it is OK, currently I am unable to listen to music and won't be until I get home in an hour.

It seems to download OK, I'm just wondering if it got corrupted.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities16/
Umm, it appears to work, you can now download the MP3 rip at the above link.
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Finally I got the whole mpg. Thank you kindly Quiffy!!!
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"