April 14th - Paris

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Just got home.

I can only endorse what has been said previously ... it was stunning. Yes, if you want, you can start to pick holes in it but the best Sissies gig I've been to since Brixton 97 opening night. It was the most polished performance I've seen for a long time. Proving once again that if you give the girls the big stage they will deliver. As Badlander said, fucking awesome. 8)

It's great to have a HL meet and have the bonus of your favourite band playing as an aside. I don't do the name check thing for fear of forgetting someone. To those I met again and those I met for the first time ... you are all stunning boys and girls. You really are. :notworthy:

Two special mentions though to two special laydeez in a Johnny stylee cryptic as fuck ...

The German lady. Hey, we'd just met and you came moshing. How fab. A non-agressive Paris audience meant we could actually dance to songs. The fact that you were tiny and I'm an English gentleman meant I took the blows for you. Hence the bad back at the end. But all credit to you for your trust. :notworthy: :kiss:

(But I will mention Christophe who seemed to shadow me and Sabine through the mosh. I'm not big, she's tiny, so always nice to have a friendly 6 footer standing by. :notworthy:)

And you. Third knot on the left wrist. I told you twice to give up but your perservered. That shows your determination and strength. Because that is you. :kiss:

All in all?

Utterly Bastard Groovy. :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
czuczu
Overbomber

Just got in, need sleep but have to say that was one of the best shows I've seen for years. Definitely worth all the pain getting there.
Nice to put lots of faces to names and see so many old faces again too :D
Love that jacket.

Am I the only person who thinks Chris looks and sounds scarily like Mr Fakes? :eek:
Badlander
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote::eek: :D 8) :oops:
What a LOVELY outfit!
I hope he,ll wear it again tomorrownight! :notworthy:
Debbie couldn't help feeling sorry for Von and his lack of fashion sense. I, on the contrary, just loved his "glam Nosferatu" looks. ;D

My bro now calls him "Nosferandrew". :von:
Last edited by Badlander on 15 Apr 2006, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hey friends,
I have just quickly created a cover and backcover for the weeding I will put, this is just a web preview, hope you enjoy it :)

daggs
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
daggs wrote:How close were you to get those photos! good job! :notworthy: :notworthy:
My bf was very pleased to hear that this corrosion was played then not so pleased to hear that it replaced burn his favourite song from repile house. Enter a big debate between us over which we would prefer to hear...it rules sharing favourite bands with your partner :lol:

EDIT: would be nice to hear an acoustic version of I Was Wrong aswell! :D
Surely Burn wins hands down - I'm with 'im in doors. :lol:
They'll play it in London - don't worry. :innocent:
The Burn version they are playing this tour is quite short though... :innocent: :wink:
Just noticed the missing t from the repTile house and it was annoying me so had to make ammends!
My partner growled when he heard about the ultra short version of Burn :lol:
"f**k me and marry me young"
Delilah

Ozpat wrote:
Looking forward to my next gig.....Cologne....

!
HELL YEAH!!! I'm there too! So, have we decided about pre-gig meet up yet? :twisted:
Badlander
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Hey friends,
I have just quickly created a cover and backcover for the weeding I will put, this is just a web preview, hope you enjoy it :)
Good job. :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Badlander wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:Hey friends,
Good job. :notworthy:
yes, top work Sir! :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Lovely :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Good evening dear myheartland! Thank god this is no speech as I barely have a voice left so imagine *sexy voice*....

Zenith de Paris ~ The Sisters of Mercy rocked that venue like no other! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

The start of this story begins from the moment our group (the crazy bunch) which was Ozpat, Leo, Obviousman, christophe, radiojamaica, TourGuider and myself met up with hallucienate (my SA tribal brother), Johnny M (Utterly Bastard Groovy himself), Sabine (lovely and friendly), doc P (our amazing doc) and Sandra (his stunning wife!), and of course the one and only PiB (cryptic love), for a drink before the queuing started.

In the HL queue met eva (red head beauty), Andrew S (lovely man), czuczu (what a pleasure!), Badlander (everthing I expected) and his brother and sister later during the gig!

Inside the venue, which was starting to fill up and it was a rush from leaving Johnny M and Jos waiting for Quiffy Boy, Jo and the snowey's to arrive to going down to the pit where the HL crowd had rooted our places at the front. Having a drink and a chat through Nihil (one number he stood on stage and did the gesture of jesus christ on the cross - I forgave him as it was Good Friday). Then I kinda lost interest and our god and Jo and the rest of the HL family are more important, so I rushed back up all those stairs that I couldn't see that well as it was dark dammit, and found Quiffy (you were almost too late!) and Jo (words could not express :notworthy: ), the amazing Mrs. snowey and her lovely husband snowey, had another drink and then it was the move to the front as TSOM were about to make an appearance.

The smoke started and light check, playlists on stage, and the tension in the venue was exciting! The Sisters of Mercy came on stage and it rocked from the minute go! i was wrong brought a tear to my eye as :von: sang it from his soul, you could hear it! :notworthy: In fact they were brilliant on stage together and the public were stunning too! When so many people are loving a show which was beyond words that electricity in the air when the crowds were howling along with the lyrics or the appreciation was shown by the stomping of feet from those sitting, the applause that never seemed to die and the whistling of Jo! "the sound of ten drunken sailors" :notworthy: :notworthy: (I've asked for lessons).

The smoke was amazing, the sound was brilliant and the colours too. Standing at the front you got to see tunnels 8)
:von: had one moment with his voice but it was only a moment and they really did pull it together for Paris! :notworthy:

The Sisters of Mercy rocked like I've never seen them rock! :notworthy:

Yes, in my opion, that coat :von: wore made him look like a girl. It's a girlie coat and I would love to take that man shopping on his expense of course, just to help out. If need be I could even help him with the mix-matching of outfits to make it easy! :wink: :lol:

The whole gig left me with the hairs on my arms standing on end and the rest of my body on fire! The set up now of TSOM is outstanding and I do believe if they carry on as is, it's only going to get better! :von: needed that warm up! Thank you States!

The after gig drinking and chatting carried on within the HL walls and here I would like to say doctoravalanche, I'm sorry I didn't get to chat to you although I saw you. A next time...or a weed? :wink:

To all of you thank-you! It was a brilliant night out but that was due to us being there as a whole :notworthy:
To QB ~ thank you for the rose :kiss:
To Jo ~ you are the whistle goddess :notworthy:
To my Belgium boys and Ozpat *couldn't have done it without you all! thank you too! :kiss:
To Lucien ~ thank you for my peppermint crisps :kiss: *will only eat one once I can taste it properly*
And as I knot up this long post my love goes out to you one and all :kiss:

It was fabulous people! It was global and it was indeed history in the making!

MB :von:
*god! this took me long to post :eek: *
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
aims
Overbomber

Blimey, you've got me wishing I was there now. Hopefully the Manchester meet will be at least half as Utterly Bastard Groovy :von:
Badlander
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:Standing at the front you got to see tunnels 8)
That was really nice indeed : if you stand real close to the stage, you get to see a kind of "tunnel" of light, which only reinforces this impression of being run over by a freight train. You lose all sense of perspective. The smoke and the light make you go blind, the music makes you go deaf... And the boys make you go crazy. :twisted:
Which is quite a fabulous experience indeed. 8)

@ radiojamaica : Caroline (my sis) says thanks for the rose. :notworthy:
BTW bro and sis had a wonderful time too, of course. And they loved the HL crew. 8)
Last edited by Badlander on 15 Apr 2006, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

a beautiful post/review Debs :notworthy:
Vive le Sisters of Merci! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Update : it wasn't quite a sold out gig. The Zhénith has a max capacity of 6,300. I'd say there was at least 4,000 people, probably more. Nevertheless it looked packed for they had partially closed the stands. Better than having empty seats ! :urff:
Does anybody know what's the Astoria's max capacity ?
Last edited by Badlander on 15 Apr 2006, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

I think the astoria holds 1,600
"f**k me and marry me young"
sabine
Road Kill

Hello *my heartland* I just want to say: “Thank you� :notworthy:

It was a experience to see the Sisters of Mercy. The show was great.

I also had a wonderful day – evening in Paris.
Doc P and his wife, *my* gentleman Johnny M & MadameButterfly you are great people. I hope to to see anytime again.
Thanks to all the “heartland people� who I met in Paris :notworthy:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:a beautiful post/review Debs :notworthy:
Vive le Sisters of Merci! :lol:
:lol: :notworthy:
Thank you! I'll get that photo thingy sorted out but later. I'm dead tired to get that sorted now but promise to do another photobucket!

There are some brilliant ones that Jos took of the people that attracted his attention that I think you and ems will appreciate! It will get you rolling! :wink:

But that is for tomorrow.
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sabine wrote:Hello *my heartland* I just want to say: “Thank you� :notworthy:

It was a experience to see the Sisters of Mercy. The show was great.

I also had a wonderful day – evening in Paris.
Doc P and his wife, *my* gentleman Johnny M & MadameButterfly you are great people. I hope to to see anytime again.
Thanks to all the “heartland people� who I met in Paris :notworthy:
Hope to see you soon too sabine!
And welcome to HL! 8)
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
Hope to see you soon too sabine!
And welcome to HL! 8)
Indeed, welcome :D

Glad you all had such a Utterly Bastard Groovy time in Paris :D :D ............wish I'd been there :(
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Badlander
Overbomber

scotty wrote: Glad you all had such a Utterly Bastard Groovy time in Paris :D :D ............wish I'd been there :(
Wish you'd all been there. :wink:
Maybe next time. :D

It's such a weird feeling right now, like the end of an era : the Sisters did play Paris ! When I started listening to the Sissies about 15 years ago we honestly thought it would never, ever happen... :eek:

Now looking forward to the Luxembourg gig ! 8)
RobF

czuczu wrote:Just got in, need sleep but have to say that was one of the best shows I've seen for years. Definitely worth all the pain getting there.
Nice to put lots of faces to names and see so many old faces again too :D
Love that jacket.

Am I the only person who thinks Chris looks and sounds scarily like Mr Fakes? :eek:
Well, we're both from God's own county, and both know how to rock a fine pair of burners, but I don't think I could pull off the mowhawk these days :(

Coming to Nottingham?

Couldn't scab the cash for France after the NY/Greece splashout :(
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

ooh, what a night 8) really, the whole shebang was sooo amazing :notworthy:

First of all, hugs & kisses to the Heartland massive :D You people make it a night to remember :notworthy: From the first moments (say 10h30 in the morning) moral was good and things just got better and better! By the time we arrived in cité de l' amour Paris, we were a three car formation (yep, :notworthy: for the beautiful Benz, Leo) including two tourguiders: Zeno & Jos :wink: Thanx for that brilliant job, guys, you made it very easy for me to get into the utterly bastard groove...

Le Zenith is located in the Parc de la Vilette, which is a very good thing. Before entering the Reptile House, I met more groovy cats from all over the globe in this relaxed & sunny place surrounded by trees & birds 'n all. Made me smile. Big time :D

Inside the venue I was surprised to see a drum kit on stage! Not realising of course that we had to endure Nihil first. They have a drummer, and a bass player... , but it's all in the name. Perfect time to find the bar and get some of those large beers. Also met Herr Quiff & Jo (I owe you lots of cigarettes my dear :wink: ) , checked the merchandise & then some more beers and candy...

The Sisters of Mercy burned the place down. Very impressive sound. Very tight & dynamic, heavy on the bass... Rock'n Roll! I loved I was wrong and it was a surprise hearing it somewhere in the middle of the set. Even the crowd was paying attention. And a good crowd it was. Good move to play Paris, Andrew.

The aftergig extravaganza was also very enjoyable, talking away & drinking some more beers and having a marvellous time :notworthy: I ended up giving flowers to a beautiful française :innocent: (& my pleasure, Caroline :wink: )

Today was a bit harder because of the clouds in my head, but this was another fine example of the Sisters magick... Brussels, here I come 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for all your reviews. Certainly sounds like a bloody storming night out, I'm chuffed to bits for each and every one of you, and mainly for The Girls for playing a blinder and obviously getting a great response from the huge crowd. Nice one, one and all. :notworthy: :von:

Johnny - agreed totally - they suit the bigger stages SO much more than tiny dumps, or even tiny ace places like Blank Canvas.

See some of you in Leeds. 8) I'm reet fookin' excited now. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

sabine wrote:*my* gentleman Johnny M
Hey you! :P

My pleasure as always Sabine. You're a top lady, you rock :von: and the mosh would be a far lonelier (and safer) place without you. :innocent: :lol:

I would show you the bruises but Peterborough to Heidelberg is a long way. :wink:

Welcome to HL. Much nicer than that Poison Door nonsense. Apparently they all speak German over there.
:kiss:
Last edited by Johnny M on 16 Apr 2006, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Christ, I'm jealous of you lot! :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: