Happy Easter

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Where the fück is Gidea anyway? :lol:
Turn left at Sodom, go straight on, past Gomorrah and the Mrs. Lot Memorial Salt Works, and it's about 20 miles on the right. You can't miss it, there's a sign by the road that says "Welcome to Gidea, We'd Like To Get To Know You Biblically".
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
boudicca
Sister Midnight

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote:Where the fück is Gidea anyway? :lol:
Turn left at Sodom, go straight on, past Gomorrah and the Mrs. Lot Memorial Salt Works, and it's about 20 miles on the right. You can't miss it, there's a sign by the road that says "Welcome to Gidea, We'd Like To Get To Know You Biblically".
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Communion wafer/monitor interface...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andy TG
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:What am I missing with that programme!? :urff:

Is it a man-thing?
Red Dwarf is one of the last bastians of "Maleness" outside of ***cough**** "Sport" :twisted:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Andy TG wrote:
Dark wrote:Must.. resist.. urge.. to.. quote.. Red Dwarf... :lol:
Oh Go On - you know you want too! :-)

A quote from season 7 I guess? whilst the boys were in prison?

I love the two bags of flour gag - 1 bag = flour 2 bags = flours :-)
Whichever season it was, it was the last one released (so far). And a damn good season. Especially the two "Pete" episodes.

"Cow vindaloo!? It's not gonna work..."
:lol:
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ Dark

I bought ALL the videos - Cost loads too!

Will buy the DVDs eventually :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Debaser
Overbomber

We've been having a bit of a RD fest here at Chateau Debaser - it's been going on since Saturday
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

eh, is it OK if I say Happy Easter now/again? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I like seeing all the choccy eggs in the Supermarket, 3 days after Xmas.

Now I'm looking forward to all the selection boxes being displayed next Tuesday
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

boudicca wrote:
Badlander wrote:
boudicca wrote:And now I have a new avatar. Behold! ;D
Wow, ain't that your darkestest yet or what ? :P :lol:
I just get more badass by the minute. ;D

And how! ;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

zenzibar.com wrote:The Pagan Origins of Easter (Royce Carlson)

Easter celebrations were held hundreds of years before Christ was born as festivals of spring honoring Eostre, the great mother goddess of the Saxons. This name was fashioned after the ancient word for spring, Eastre. The goddess Ostara was the Norse equivalent whose symbols were the hare and the egg. From this comes our modern tradition of celebrating Easter with eggs and bunnies.

In the Mediterranean region, there was a pre-Christian spring celebration centered around the vernal equinox (March 20 or 21) that honored Cybele, the Phrygian goddess of fertility. Cybele’s consort, Attis, was considered born of a virgin and was believed to have died and been resurrected three days later. Attis derived his mythology from even earlier gods, Osiris, Dionysus, and Orpheus, who also were supposed to have been born of a virgin and suffered death and resurrection as long as 500 years before Christ was born. The death of Attis was commemorated on a Friday and the resurrection was celebrated three days later on Sunday.

There are other Easter traditions that are pagan in origin. The Easter sunrise service is derived from the ancient pagan practice of welcoming the sun on the morning of the spring equinox, marking the beginning of spring. What we now call Easter lilies were revered by the ancients as symbols of fertility and representative of the male genitalia. The ancient Babylonian religions had rituals involving dyed eggs as did the ancient Egyptians.

The Christian version of Easter is celebrated after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Modern day neo-pagans usually have their spring celebrations on the day of the equinox. Either way, these celebrations have gone on every year continuously for over 2500 years. So, next Sunday, if you go to an Easter sunrise service, hunt for colored eggs or eat marshmallow bunnies, remember you are indulging in pagan rituals that celebrate fertility and the advent of springtime!
Happy Easter, sisters and brothers. :kiss:
анархия
robertzombie
Overbomber

The best part of Easter... IS POUNDLAND! :twisted:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Happy bank holiday, all you cynics. :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote:
zenzibar.com wrote:The Pagan Origins of Easter (Royce Carlson)

Easter celebrations were held hundreds of years before Christ was born as festivals of spring honoring Eostre, the great mother goddess of the Saxons. This name was fashioned after the ancient word for spring, Eastre. The goddess Ostara was the Norse equivalent whose symbols were the hare and the egg. From this comes our modern tradition of celebrating Easter with eggs and bunnies.

In the Mediterranean region, there was a pre-Christian spring celebration centered around the vernal equinox (March 20 or 21) that honored Cybele, the Phrygian goddess of fertility. Cybele’s consort, Attis, was considered born of a virgin and was believed to have died and been resurrected three days later. Attis derived his mythology from even earlier gods, Osiris, Dionysus, and Orpheus, who also were supposed to have been born of a virgin and suffered death and resurrection as long as 500 years before Christ was born. The death of Attis was commemorated on a Friday and the resurrection was celebrated three days later on Sunday.

There are other Easter traditions that are pagan in origin. The Easter sunrise service is derived from the ancient pagan practice of welcoming the sun on the morning of the spring equinox, marking the beginning of spring. What we now call Easter lilies were revered by the ancients as symbols of fertility and representative of the male genitalia. The ancient Babylonian religions had rituals involving dyed eggs as did the ancient Egyptians.

The Christian version of Easter is celebrated after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Modern day neo-pagans usually have their spring celebrations on the day of the equinox. Either way, these celebrations have gone on every year continuously for over 2500 years. So, next Sunday, if you go to an Easter sunrise service, hunt for colored eggs or eat marshmallow bunnies, remember you are indulging in pagan rituals that celebrate fertility and the advent of springtime!
Happy Easter, sisters and brothers. :kiss:
:notworthy: Good one.

But pray tell, does the modern ritual of "nasty man who should know better eating chocolate egg thereby depriving beautiful young maiden of her Easter confection" have any roots in the Old Ways? :evil: :cry: :innocent: :wink:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:It's a funny way to celebrate Easter; commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night.

Now, I wonder why we're fücked up as a race?

"That's the story of Jesus!"

Who comes up with this shît? I've read the Bible, I can't find the words "bunny" or "chocolate" anywhere in that fücking book. Do you all have different books of the Bible than I do?
This is the way I look at it as a mother of two children 4 & 6. I come from the methodist background, so did the confirmation bit and all and although my beliefs are far and beyond a naming kind, I kind of label it, if need be to the wiccan way or spiritual way, along with evidence and sci-fi.

My husband is an atheist, so within the christian belief my holy matrimony is doomed in hell anyway because of the holy bible.

Now my question is, having those young innocent minds to teach, do I say drink the blood of christ and be one with him :eek: eat the body of christ and be one with him :eek: That is what is said in holy communion but that would be a tad difficult to explain to a child and if I look at it this way..if ever you have committed a crime and have confessed, jesus saves you from damnation, and all is well? So sinners can sin and then just ask for forgiveness and they are blessed into the heavens and their sins forgiven no questions asked because of the the trinity thingy?

The easter bunny comes along and hides easter eggs in the woods and there is a search but the pleasure in the end is that chocolate egg! :D

The kids get what the kids see and that always brings a smile to their faces and warms the heart.

That Bible I've read Mark and have done the whole tour, seems they had a really good times in those days, sad that those minds have only one direction.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
robertzombie
Overbomber

happy easter :D
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Christmas is equally messed up.

mum: “Santa is going to climb down the chimney and give ya presents if you’re good, but coal if you’re bad. And remember, Josh, he’s always watching you and he checks his list twice.�
me aged eight: “He even watches me go to the toilet? :eek:"

Anyways, happy easter to those who celebrate it. 8)
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

Happy Easter :kiss:
I got freaked out once when I was younger when I looked above this shop to the second floor (storage space I suppose) windows and saw a cardboard cut out of santa looming out of the dark staring out at me...he really is watching everywhere you go :eek:
"f**k me and marry me young"
scotty
Overbomber

daggs wrote:Happy Easter :kiss:
I got freaked out once when I was younger when I looked above this shop to the second floor (storage space I suppose) windows and saw a cardboard cut out of santa looming out of the dark staring out at me...he really is watching everywhere you go :eek:
He does.......so behave, or it'll be an empty stocking for you come Christmas :twisted:

BTW, I hate Christmas and Easter..................the Tele' usually s**t :roll: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:
He does.......so behave, or it'll be an empty stocking for you come Christmas :twisted:

BTW, I hate Christmas and Easter..................the Tele' usually s**t :roll: :evil:
The tele is usually s**t whether it's easter or christmas or not! Where'd all the decent 90s comedys go :( I miss black adder and red dwarf
scotty
Overbomber

daggs wrote:
scotty wrote:

The tele is usually s**t whether it's easter or christmas or not! Where'd all the decent 90s comedys go :( I miss black adder and red dwarf
Ate, if it wasn't for the Footie and catching the odd ATOMIC KITTEN video on MTV I'd get rid of the bloody thing................well there's the News and occasional good Film, but not much else :roll:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

So far over the past week I've watched news and the amityville horror...and I was actually surprised that was on!
TV had to get bad at some point though...I've heard on average kids in the UK watch 53 hours of TV a week :eek: if we didnt start to hate it in adulthood we'd be doomed
It's a downer watching too much tv anyway

although my bf reminds me of postmodern on mtv which was hosted by :von: for a whole week! he constantly teases me about missing it :evil: I should have been a teenager in the 80s!
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

daggs wrote:amityville horror
a priest in an old attic.
the door slams shut.
bugs start filling the room.
loud music.
bugs crawl over the priest.
music stops.
silence.
ghostly whisper: ‘get out’
Priest says ‘wha?’
‘GeEeEeEeT OUT NOW!’

^ That scene and Margot Kidder are the only two reasons I watch that film. :notworthy:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Happy Easter today, my friends! :D

What are you doing to celebrate? I'm eating a big bit of cheese.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:What are you doing to celebrate? I'm eating a big bit of cheese.
I'm getting smashed.