the album of the last four decades ...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

..... will be out next year ;D

Iggy Pop reveals all about new Stooges album
It will be their first album since 1973

Iggy Pop has been writing songs with The Stooges for their first new album since 1973.

The as-yet-untitled album is due out next year, and will be produced by Steve Albini.

Of the songwriting process, Pop told Rolling Stone: "All the same passions and problems are there. But the problems are in a more muted style. I'm still the show-off in the group that gets all the attention. Everyone has their role. It's pretty much the way it was in high school."

Speaking about the recording process, the singer added: "We experimented a lot. We're stubborn people. We could have just started out and in 10 minutes we would have sounded like us, but that would have been too easy. We'd have these get-togethers every two or three months for four or five days and bang out stuff. As time went on it started to sound more and more like us."

The band are due to play the Thurston Moore-curated Nightmare Before Christmas festival at Butlin's in Minehead over the weekend of December 8-10.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

biggy wrote: The as-yet-untitled album is due out next year, and will be produced by Steve Albini.
Iggy is cool but Albini is a genius-Big Black/R*peman/Shellac.
He makes a great noise, this could be really interesting...
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Badlander
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote: Iggy is cool but Albini is a genius-Big Black/R*peman/Shellac.
Erm... With all due respect, Iggy is just a bit more than "cool". :roll:
All his solo albums may not be actual masterpieces, that's for sure, but c'mon, it's the fuckin' Stooges ! :twisted:

Which is a band, btw, not just the Iggy Pop orchestra. :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Donald
Road Kill

Dunno about best album of the last 40 years, I'd settle for best album since Fun House :)
I'd be happy if it was only as good as Raw Power

Apparently Jack White is producing some of it too.
Badlander
Overbomber

Donald wrote: I'd be happy if it was only as good as Raw Power
That's quite a decent record indeed. :innocent: 8)
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: Bring It On :notworthy:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

biggy wrote:Iggy Pop reveals all about new Stooges album.It will be their first album since 1973.
"In an exclusive interview with this magazine, Mr Pop remarked, "Well, me and :von: have been having this contest to see who can wait longest before putting out new material. I really thought I was going to win but then I had to have my Mini Metro MOT'd and I really needed the dosh. Want to say 'Big Ups' to the man in black, though - he's really got this 'Frustrate the Living Snit out of your Fans' thing down to an artform."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Badlander
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
biggy wrote:Iggy Pop reveals all about new Stooges album.It will be their first album since 1973.
"In an exclusive interview with this magazine, Mr Pop remarked, "Well, me and :von: have been having this contest to see who can wait longest before putting out new material. I really thought I was going to win but then I had to have my Mini Metro MOT'd and I really needed the dosh. Want to say 'Big Ups' to the man in black, though - he's really got this 'Frustrate the Living Snit out of your Fans' thing down to an artform."
Source please ?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:Source please ?
Brown or red?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Big Si
School Bully

EvilBastard wrote:
Badlander wrote:Source please ?
Brown or red?
Gotta be brown with a cup of tea! :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
rian
Slight Overbomber

biggy wrote:..... will be out next year ;D

Iggy Pop reveals all about new Stooges album
It will be their first album since 1973

Iggy Pop has been writing songs with The Stooges for their first new album since 1973.

The as-yet-untitled album is due out next year, and will be produced by Steve Albini.

Of the songwriting process, Pop told Rolling Stone: "All the same passions and problems are there. But the problems are in a more muted style. I'm still the show-off in the group that gets all the attention. Everyone has their role. It's pretty much the way it was in high school."

Speaking about the recording process, the singer added: "We experimented a lot. We're stubborn people. We could have just started out and in 10 minutes we would have sounded like us, but that would have been too easy. We'd have these get-togethers every two or three months for four or five days and bang out stuff. As time went on it started to sound more and more like us."

The band are due to play the Thurston Moore-curated Nightmare Before Christmas festival at Butlin's in Minehead over the weekend of December 8-10.
I'm sure I've read this somewhere before....

I wonder where??

:wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: Iggy is cool but Albini is a genius-Big Black/R*peman/Shellac.
Erm... With all due respect, Iggy is just a bit more than "cool". :roll:
OK he's really cool :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."