Rosenrot.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I have to say it grew on me.

Being a huge fan of the 'Herzeleid'-CD, I kinda lost them right after that first one.

But since my missus puts on 'Mutter' and 'Reise Reise' occasionally, I decided to buy 'Rosenrot'. Also because I think 'Benzin' is a very nice song in the 'Herzeleid'-vein.

I have to admit that after the first song 'Benzin' I found all went a bit calm up till 'Te quiero puta', but after a couple of weeks I have to say I was wrong.

'Mann Gegen Mann' is also a real stomper, a bit 'Feuer Frei' kinda thing. 'Rosenrot' is a nice song with nice lyrics, and 'Spring' must be the deepest lyrics they have ever written, togerther with 'Feuer & Wasser'.

The only minor point is the Texas-chick whining away. Never liked her voice, and don't know what she is doing on this CD. Ah, well.

I also have to admit that System Of A Down's 'Hypnotize' is a lot better than the new Rammstein, tho ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I also have to admit that System Of A Down's 'Hypnotize' is a lot better than the new Rammstein, tho ;)

IZ.
Not heard it yet meself, but Mezmerize is stonking. Love that reggae number. :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Izzy HaveMercy

Planet Dave wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I also have to admit that System Of A Down's 'Hypnotize' is a lot better than the new Rammstein, tho ;)

IZ.
Not heard it yet meself, but Mezmerize is stonking. Love that reggae number. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Still have to hear the first BAD CD from the guys :)

Brings back good memories about Primus, FNM/Mr. Bungle, Suicidal/Infectious Grooves, Butthole Surfers and old Anthrax ;D

IZ.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Suicidal Tendencies - Instituitionalised.

What a mind-bogglingly awesome track. 8) Takes me back to my youth does that. Who was it had the 'Speak English Or Die' t-shirt - them or Stormtroopers Of Death - can't remember. Funny as fcuk, whoever. :notworthy:

Meanwhile, that 'Texas' number is sublime, Mr Iz.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

S.O.D. album and t-shirt
Suicidal Tendencies were indeed awesome, Dude!
Saw them on the Clash of Titans tour with Testament, Megadeth and Slayer. Quite an intense night out :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:S.O.D. album and t-shirt
Suicidal Tendencies were indeed awesome, Dude!
Saw them on the Clash of Titans tour with Testament, Megadeth and Slayer. Quite an intense night out :lol:
Well I wasn't there, so who took you to A&E after that one. :lol: :notworthy: Or were the paramedics on standby in the venue?

Them were the days. :twisted:
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:S.O.D.
:eek: I was at that, Ingelston '89.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:
James Blast wrote:S.O.D.
:eek: I was at that, Ingelston '89.
That's the Chappie!
I arrived late (and well tanked up) stumbled up to the doors to pay, next thing I knew I'd walked all the way into the auditorium, unchallenged! :D
Planet Dave wrote:Well I wasn't there, so who took you to A&E after that one. :lol: :notworthy: Or were the paramedics on standby in the
I finally succumbed to alcohol exhaustion during Slayer, that and trying to emulate their head movements. Some nice chaps round me huckled me to my feet and stood me up till I came round. I then blagged a free ride back to Glasgow on one of the buses outside. Most of the day is a fog, but what a day Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Currently my fave listen. It's the dogs bollox when listening in our robe. :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:Currently my fave listen. It's the dogs bollox when listening in our robe. :von:
And who might you be sharing the robe with John? :notworthy:

Not listened to it for a few weeks, thanks for the prompt.

'Mann Gehhhhgen Mann'. 8) :notworthy:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Planet Dave wrote: 'Mann Gehhhhgen Mann'. 8)
Deffo. But Hilf Mir is now starting to register. In a nice way. :wink:

aims
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Still have to hear the first BAD CD from the guys :)
You've not listened to "Steal This Album!" then? ;)

I loved Toxicity, but after that it was a real let down. Still haven't got around to buying Mesmerize or Hypnotize, still blowing my bank balance on dodgy 80s back catalogs :urff:

And Mann Gegen Mann is hilarious if only for the embarassment of those who don't know what they're singing along to ;D
Izzy HaveMercy

Motz wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Still have to hear the first BAD CD from the guys :)
You've not listened to "Steal This Album!" then? ;)

I loved Toxicity, but after that it was a real let down. Still haven't got around to buying Mesmerize or Hypnotize, still blowing my bank balance on dodgy 80s back catalogs :urff:
I have to admit that 'steal this album' is the least attractive of all. Kinda weird, because 'Toxicity' is class, and so are 'Mez/Hyp' :?: You still have to buy them, really ;)
Motz also wrote:And Mann Gegen Mann is hilarious if only for the embarassment of those who don't know what they're singing along to ;D
Especially when the last sentence is written 'Mann Gaygen Mann' in the CD booklet ;D

IZ.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

*bump*

For no other reason than it's been banging out on the stereo since 6am this morning. It is rather fab and groovy. Still. :von:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:*bump*

For no other reason than it's been banging out on the stereo since 6am this morning. It is rather fab and groovy. Still. :von:
I presume you've got no neighbours? :lol: Either way, well bumped Sir.

For my part, it's been Virgin Voices II (tribute to Madonna), courtesy of Mr Hunter. :notworthy: Genius, in parts, mainly the bits with Ofra Haza or Memphisto Waltz. :twisted: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Maybe this belongs on another thread. :innocent: :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy

Nice bump, since these days the 'Mann Gegen Mann' single is the new chart single here in Belgium. And my missus is swooning every time she sees Till in that videoclip ;) Granted, she does that with EVERY Rammstein videoclip, but especially this one ;D

IZ.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

* bump * again.

It's getting 'classic album' in my status. It really does grow on you. :von:

sabine
Road Kill

Johnny M wrote:* bump * again.

I think so,too.

I like particularly the lyrics of the following songs

> wo bist du
> stirb nicht vor mir
and
> Spring
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

sabine wrote:
Johnny M wrote:* bump * again.

I think so,too.

I like particularly the lyrics of the following songs

> wo bist du
> stirb nicht vor mir
and
> Spring
Spring is my track of the week. Fcuking awesome, and very nice to scream from the bottom of the garden whilst burning stuff. Deliciously appropriate somehow. :lol: :twisted: 8) :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I hope you were well 'oiled' up for that Dave, Free Fire and all that :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:I hope you were well 'oiled' up for that Dave, Free Fire and all that :innocent:
Less 'free' as much as 'confined within a metal bin' :lol:

But yeah, the thought is still pretty perilous. Fear not, Ethan keeps an eye on it all for me. ;D