Sisters track in 'Buffy the vampire slayer'?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just had this site pointed out to me by my wife, I've just watched the episode, there is a piece of music in there with a very similar drumbeat,
but I'm not too sure, can anyone confirm this?

http://www.buffyworld.com/buffy/music.htm#download

Scroll down to season 2, episode 19.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

It says it's "Never Land".
Andy Christ 666

I know which track it is, I just wondered if anyone could verify that it was actually used on the show, I remember an interview with Andrew where he said that he would'nt have any songs used in films or t.v shows.
As I said, there is a song on the episode with a very similar drumbeat, but as there is dialog over the top I could'nt be certain that it actually is 'Never Land'. :)
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just watched that episode, and no - it's just the drum beat the reminds of it.. A sort of a cover of the song "Never Land". Hmm.. wonder why?
UglyasSin
Road Kill

Pretty sure this is covered elsewhere, but if I recall the show was aired with Neverland being played then they were contacted and told they shouldn't be using it, so subsequent repeats had a different dodgy darkling track instead
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Was it a better track, though?
TheBoyNextDoor

Dark wrote:Was it a better track, though?
You must be kidding? :eek:
Of course not! :lol:
Never Land is one of my all time favorite! :wink:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Good point, Never Land's a great song. Though it is always possible that someone can do it better. How, I haven't got a clue, but it could happen.
Ramone

Buffy the Vampire Slayer : the BEST series ever produced! For the Sisters to be on it, the show would need clearence first. But, if you want 'hang your head in shame' exposure, how about the time the m*****n had 'wasteland' appear on Miami Vice during a chase scene! At the time they were over the moon about it!
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
UglyasSin
Road Kill

"Hear today, gone tomorrow: In the first broadcast of Lie to Me, the music playing as Ford enters the Sunset Club is Never Land by the Sisters of Mercy, from their late album Floodland. In later broadcasts it was replaced by a specially composed track called Blood of a Stranger, for copyright reasons."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/indetai ... ivia.shtml
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Ramone wrote:But, if you want 'hang your head in shame' exposure, how about the time the m*****n had 'wasteland' appear on Miami Vice during a chase scene! At the time they were over the moon about it!
I have a vague memory of Dominion or This Corrosion being used in some cop show as well (I think it was about a cop from Hong Kong - it was many years ago)
lachert
Overbomber

in polish edition of "idol" they use few times "this corrosion" and "temple of love '92" as a background. no, i didn't watch it :wink: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Andy Christ 666 wrote:I know which track it is, I just wondered if anyone could verify that it was actually used on the show, I remember an interview with Andrew where he said that he would'nt have any songs used in films or t.v shows.
Take a look at this movie.

A pretty long part (~1 Minute) of TOL appears in the movie soundtrack - that was a very nice surprice for me, when I went to the picture.
jay

DocSommer wrote:
Andy Christ 666 wrote:I know which track it is, I just wondered if anyone could verify that it was actually used on the show, I remember an interview with Andrew where he said that he would'nt have any songs used in films or t.v shows.
Take a look at this movie.

A pretty long part (~1 Minute) of TOL appears in the movie soundtrack - that was a very nice surprice for me, when I went to the picture.
That was a good movie. Was it partly set in Hamburg?
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

lachert
Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:Take a look at this movie.

this movie is a little bit depressed :urff:
got it on my hd. i can upload clip with "temple dance" later.
long live rock'n'roll
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

@jay: right, even the movie doesn´t really show hamburgs beautiful places

I can recommend it, too @ all
GC
Slight Overbomber

Did n't they once use Vision Thing on Beverly Hills 90210. I remember it well because a Goth friend of mine jumped for the vcr and tried to record it (the twit).
callmelightning
Road Kill

I think I remember that episode.
Ramone

To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss if the Sisters music was on in the background during a scene at the Bronze or whatever..I'm normally too glazed over watching Eliza Dushku (Faith) in shiny pants kicking the ooze out of some dopey demons. But if they (SOM) provide the soundtrack to a good slaying..then it's a bonus I suppose. Charisma Carpenter for Wonder-woman!! Petition your local MP now!!
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Syberberg

Ramone wrote:Charisma Carpenter for Wonder-woman!! Petition your local MP now!!
That should keep Keelex sales going for a long time to come. :innocent:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Ramone wrote:To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss if the Sisters music was on in the background during a scene at the Bronze or whatever..I'm normally too glazed over watching Eliza Dushku (Faith) in shiny pants kicking the ooze out of some dopey demons. But if they (SOM) provide the soundtrack to a good slaying..then it's a bonus I suppose. Charisma Carpenter for Wonder-woman!! Petition your local MP now!!
Oh, come on now. Alyson Hannigan is far superior to Charisma Carpenter (although it's almost a tie with Eliza Dushku)
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Vision Thing was also played on The Mary Whitehouse Experience, although without the lyrics obviously...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
lachert
Overbomber

ok, i cut this out of double cd version of "gegen die wand" so quality isn't so bad at all. don't tell anyone that i upload such things :wink:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18269946/tem ... d.avi.html
long live rock'n'roll
thhell
Road Kill

Gollum's Cock wrote:Did n't they once use Vision Thing on Beverly Hills 90210. I remember it well because a Goth friend of mine jumped for the vcr and tried to record it (the tw*t).
Think it was Dominion. Sure made me jump :eek:
Last edited by thhell on 14 May 2006, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dust in the air suspended
Marks the place where a story ended
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

Buffy was on Warner's TV station. They had the rights. In fact, there was a little add at the end of the original broadcast showing the Floodland cover and saying this show contained music by...etc.

However for syndication (and DVD release) it is not unusual to replace published songs with musical scores that match the original in tone and timing, but don't cost royalties.

That's what happened here.

Good show by the way.

Tony