oh dear Michael Barton

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

He shouldn't have dropped that damn soap...

Surprised he ain't segregated though, every person of colour in the nick is going to be after his blood..
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Gottdammerung wrote:He shouldn't have dropped that damn soap...

Surprised he ain't segregated though, every person of colour in the nick is going to be after his blood..
and some after his arse...
"as we walk on the floodland"
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Grim stuff.

Did they say why he got his just desserts? I wasn't aware of socially-minded people inside the prison.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah, but there are black people in prison.

Incidentally, I wasn't looking closely and thought at first that this thread was about that skinny bint off The OC :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

timsinister wrote:Grim stuff.

Did they say why he got his just desserts? I wasn't aware of socially-minded people inside the prison.
True, but the attack that guy carried out was of such an horrific nature (I mean, to be capable of the level of brutality necessary to put an axe in someone's skull based simply on clapping eyes on them and seeing that they're black) and the absolute randomness that I can well imagine even other violent criminals would take exception to it.

I'm a hang-em-and-flog-em liberal, and like those NMA boys, I do firmly believe in justice, vengeance, and "getting the bastard".
And quite frankly, I don't think there's much this particlar bastard doesn't richly deserve.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Big Si
School Bully

markfiend wrote:Yeah, but there are black people in prison.

Incidentally, I wasn't looking closely and thought at first that this thread was about that skinny bint off The OC :oops:
My flatmate/landlord/drinking buddy is madly in love with her :urff:

I thought this thread said Michael Bolton ***Now be careful Ladies!*** :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

*melts*

Oh Si, that pic has just made my day!

(In a parallel universe where Von is a prolific artist and George Bush is intelligent :innocent: ).
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote:*melts*

(In a parallel universe where Von is a prolific artist and George Bush is intelligent :innocent: ).
Aye, those cheek bones, that glossy mane of hair, the leather jacket and that hairy chest........ :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Big Si wrote:
boudicca wrote:*melts*

Aye, those cheek bones, that glossy mane of hair, the leather jacket and that hairy chest........ :wink:
Von doesn't have a hairy chest! Wash your mouth out with soap! :P
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

What a lovely derail! :lol:

Please don't anyone believe that I'm actually opposed to what has happened; I like the idea of criminal justice. Anyone read Pratchett? The Thieves Guild combats crime far better than the civil police force...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

timsinister wrote:What a lovely derail! :lol:

Please don't anyone believe that I'm actually opposed to what has happened; I like the idea of criminal justice.
I have to say I'm with you there, Timothy... it is often commented on that even in prison there is still some moral code - most hardened criminals would still be disgusted by a paedophile in their midst for example. You can get carried away with that idea of convicts with honour, but I think it shows up a rather f**ked up world where you have to rely on inmates to inflict some fitting punishment on the worst criminals in our society.
Let me 'ave a go! :twisted:
timsinister wrote:Anyone read Pratchett?
Tim you're on Heartland. :roll: :P :lol:
aims
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:What a lovely derail! :lol:

Please don't anyone believe that I'm actually opposed to what has happened; I like the idea of criminal justice. Anyone read Pratchett? The Thieves Guild combats crime far better than the civil police force...
I have 3 unread volumes of Disc World on my shelf. I best give up my geek card :urff:

Flippin' music stuff gets in the way...:von:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:...put an axe in someone's skull based simply on clapping eyes on them and seeing that they're black...
As far as I know, this isn't the full story. The two had allegedly met before; it seems that Anthony Walker had given Michael Barton the kicking of his life a couple of weeks previously (in retaliation at racist abuse).

Not that this in any way justifies sticking a mountaineering axe in someone's head, obviously.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell