06 May - UEA - Norwich

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote:Just got my ticket. My boss has graciously let me have the day off (without pay) so I can travel to the area of my birth!
What ticket number are you? Just wondering how many of the 1500 have been sold so far..... 8)
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I got mine about a week ago - 442 and 443
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:
CellThree wrote:Just got my ticket. My boss has graciously let me have the day off (without pay) so I can travel to the area of my birth!
What ticket number are you? Just wondering how many of the 1500 have been sold so far..... 8)
I meant I've ordered it, haven't received confirmation that it's been sent yet...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

Oh right. Well they must surely be near the thousand mark by now? :idea:
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

i come from france, cannot get the exact adress of norwich gig, can u help, thank
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

University of East Anglia Norwich NR4 7TJ
Telephone: (+44) (0) 1603 456161 Fax: (+44) (0) 1603 458553
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

thank a lots
pascal (france)
SomeKindOfStranger

so has anyone been to other gigs here in recent times? how is it as a venue?
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

SomeKindOfStranger wrote: how is it as a venue?
small
adrenachrome
Road Kill

I watched the Cult at the UEA in Summer 1985 - The venue was small, hot & sweaty!

Just as gigs should be :)
The way is clear
The road is closed
The damage done
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

Excuse my thickness but if you're first in the queue does that mean you get to stand at the front of the stage or is it down to your ticket number?
robertzombie
Overbomber

It's not got anything to do with your ticket number, it's about survival of the fittest :twisted:
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:It's not got anything to do with your ticket number, it's about survival of the fittest :twisted:
I'll be there early then!! :twisted:
Andie
Overbomber

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:
robertzombie wrote:It's not got anything to do with your ticket number, it's about survival of the fittest :twisted:
I'll be there early then!! :twisted:
everhopeful...eternally scarred...

front and centre about 2 metres back from the stage usually does it for me.... :oops:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

I plan on getting there for about 5:30pm which gives us two hours of queing. :urff: ;D
Andie
Overbomber

gives me two hours of drinking...staggering and generally being abusive to all and sundry... :oops: :wink:

oh i love remembering how it was done in the 80's :notworthy:

now...where's the crimpers and bristows? :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Drenchrom

I wouldn't worry about queing. Drink in the Uni bar and then wait until the q dies down. You won't beat AndrewS or Eva to the front of the q, that i guarentee. :lol:

Matt..
adrenachrome
Road Kill

I wouldn't bother with Q'ing. It's all a big huddle when you get in & once they take the stage everyone gets 'rearranged' anyway.

I was at Rock City in 2000 with a mate, standing two rows back - I held on to the guy in front, he didn't! :roll: The show started I watched from the second row, he watched (or tried) from the back - One moment he was there, the next he was gone!

Just hold on tight!
The way is clear
The road is closed
The damage done
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Hello,

I going to all UK concerts (london, leeds, manchester, norwich, nottingham).

I come from france with my car cos I think it the best way for my little problem.
As u can imagine it cost me a lots of money and I thinking to sleep in my car cos not enough money to go to hotel.

So if u can help here the deal:
I will offert a dvd I create (2005 summer tour)
"http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10370",
to people who can help for accommodation for one night at each town.

I will wearing white leaders jacket tour 2000
“http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.info/tsom.html" - Galerie – doomstay 2000
& tea shirt “sisters bit the….�

So if u can help, do not hesitate to come to me over there, i will really appreciate

Thank

pascal (france)
SomeKindOfStranger

Drenchrom wrote:I wouldn't worry about queing. Drink in the Uni bar and then wait until the q dies down. You won't beat AndrewS or Eva to the front of the q, that i guarentee. :lol:

Matt..
:lol:

I Figure on going straight to the Uni bar, rather than going into Norwich first and then back out to the uni - in theory shouldnt the uni bar be cheaper? (how else can these poor students afford to be out on the p**s so often?)
adrenachrome
Road Kill

I see doors open at 7.30pm. Would it be about right to expect them on stage from 9pm? Assuming sufficient smoke has been blasted out to obscure everything.
The way is clear
The road is closed
The damage done
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

sorry about the late arrival to thread..

mr s and i are definitely coming. we'll be along on the bus from the train station, i expect, arriving about 7.30- 8 ish... maybe..

please feel free to come and bump into me.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
miss spookiness
Road Kill

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:so has anyone been to other gigs here in recent times? how is it as a venue?
its good! small, but not too small. you get a good view from almost whereever you stand (on the main dance floor anyway - if you're nearer the bar there are probs a few pillars in the way, haha. the main floor is sort of sunken, with a couple of steps up, so if you just wanna watch them and get good pictures etc, standing on the steps is good! :)

i go to uni there at the mo, i've been to quite a lot of gigs there, and the sounds always been great....so hopefully it'll be nothing like the horrible sound at the london gig! :)

and needless to say, im gonna be there on saturday, with my sister, who will probably be the youngest there, even though she's 18! hehe.
There Is No You,There Is Only Me
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

miss spookiness wrote:
SomeKindOfStranger wrote:so has anyone been to other gigs here in recent times? how is it as a venue?
its good! small, but not too small. you get a good view from almost whereever you stand (on the main dance floor anyway - if you're nearer the bar there are probs a few pillars in the way, haha. the main floor is sort of sunken, with a couple of steps up, so if you just wanna watch them and get good pictures etc, standing on the steps is good! :)

i go to uni there at the mo, i've been to quite a lot of gigs there, and the sounds always been great....so hopefully it'll be nothing like the horrible sound at the london gig! :)
Thanks for posting that, after reading the London reviews I was getting worried that I might not enjoy it but as it's my first Sisters gig I'm sure I will. 8)
See if you can sabotage the smoke machine, I want to get a good view. ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i like the uea's steps... they're very good for me
I just can't keep living on dreams no more