I'm an *artist*!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I love this:-

Could go on for ages explaining what it's about - with humungous gestures.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Badlander
Overbomber

Good idea to revive this thread. And no ugly hair metal cover for once. :innocent:
Not white enough IMO. ;D
About all Floyd covers deserve a vote... Except maybe The final cut, which was a complete failure anyway.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

@Badlander - Storm Thorgerson's a bloody genius in my book.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Badlander
Overbomber

Almiche V wrote:@Badlander - Storm Thorgerson's a bloody genius in my book.
Did you go to that Floyd exhibition in Paris some time ago ? Unfortunately I couldn't. :urff: But that was supposed to be really good. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Badlander wrote:
Almiche V wrote:@Badlander - Storm Thorgerson's a bloody genius in my book.
Did you go to that Floyd exhibition in Paris some time ago ? Unfortunately I couldn't. :urff: But that was supposed to be really good. 8)
Not another one. I think there was an exhibition in London aswell, but I missed it. I own O2 - The Images of Pink Floyd, which is a fantastic book - def worth buying. It's never out of the loo.
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Mmmm, thread resurrection always gives me a nice warm glow... ;D 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

Almiche V wrote:I own O2 - The Images of Pink Floyd
you want to get yer mits on any of the Hipgnosis books, I have Walk Away Rene (see what they did there?)Image and The Goodbye LookImage

this is interesting looking though I haven't quite delved into it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipgnosis

further album covers here http://sound.jp/hipgnosis/
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele