Friends

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

They're cool, aren't they?

I was just reflecting on recent past events and previous 'friend' perceptions in my life and how it all panned out at the end as I sift through the debris. I'm not talking big numbers here but people who cared. They didn't always agree (but isn't that what a true friend is all about?) but still remained a friend.

Whatever, whatever, I am deeply indebted to those who chose to stand beside me and always will be. Boy friend or Girl friend. Some did a runner and are not missed. Some came from nowhere, in uncharted waters (for them), to prove their friendship. But I still had my core group of rocks that never swayed or moved and gave me some anchorage.

To those people, I love you to pieces and I could never thank you enough, but you know that anyway. :notworthy: :kiss:

But we've all had 'situations' or 'circumstances', where when the chips are down, we feel alone.

Have you ever been deserted? Have you ever been let down? Have you ever been shocked and disappointed? Have you ever been pleasantly surprised? By your friends.

Each and everyone one of us has a story to tell.

Discuss.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Read the title and automatically thought of this:

So, no one told you life was gonna be this way.
Your Job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear.
And it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.
But -

:lol:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Series 11 will feature coffee, amphetamines and Janice screaming "Oh My Goth!"
Aplogies for the crapness of the piccy but it's only Microsoft PAINT while I'm at work :oops:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Joey: hey everyone, look at my impression of Von. Could I be anymore erudite.

Von: that's nothing like me. I'm filing a lawsuit.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

IMO friendship is what one expects it to be and how these expectations are met.
"as we walk on the floodland"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

friends are

those who say...

'sure have a go of my girlfriend' and aren't joking

those who say...

'i don't mind going second'

those who say...

'you owe me one'

...and never expect to be repaid

they are those who say nothing when they shouldn't and everything when they should

well, isn't that what friends are for
Goths have feelings too
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

All i can say is that i've never seen a more disagreeable idea of friendship than the one presented in tv-show Friends. It's hard to pinpoint why, but it goes exactly against my ideas...

i have a few very good friends, they all live for away from me, and there can be months between us even talking. And when we do, it's like yesterday.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

When you're talking big numbers you have none, that's the truth far too often.

I've only got a couple real good friends and I think they're immensely important in one's life. Don't think there's much surviving left without. Odd enough it often seems I don't have much in common with my best friends. Music, politics, whatever more, mostly differ in about every aspect you can think of, but then again when you think of not having them around: what would life be.

Sure I've been let down - who hasn't - but I just closed that book, I don't need people acting like my best friend but actually just using you whenever they can around me. I just hope it won't happen to me too often anymore :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote: Have you ever been deserted? Have you ever been let down? Have you ever been shocked and disappointed?
More than once actually. :(
But to tell you the truth, I'm not always a good guy either. :oops:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:
I've only got a couple real good friends and I think they're immensely important in one's life.
Likewise, I'm more the quiet (more shy..), dry kind of person but when I do have friends (which I do.. somehow..) they realise what I am really like, and that the way I am is more to do with my past than anything else..

My closest friends I would do anything for, and they would do anything for me... as well as having some of the craziest times ever...

Bless em all..

:)

Ok - enough hippy s**t...

back to trying to stay awake after two hours sleep and a rather dodgy "breakfast..."

:urff:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Badlander
Overbomber

Oh and BTW, Bruce Springsteen's Bobby Jean (which I'm CLT), Backstreets and Blood brothers are among the best songs ever written on friendship. 8)
Which is quite a touchy subject in a sense : somehow it's much easier to be all macho about it and just go bleuargh on that poor mike. :roll: :wink: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

am in the middle of losing one because of someone untrustworthy in the middle.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I have learnt who my friends are recently
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I have learnt who are not my friends.

I have two friends, my bandmates, who I would trust with my life. Neither mind if we end up collapsing with laughter, or if I end up hugging them after wanting to cry.
canon docre
Overbomber

if you got no family left, friends become essential. I hope I can get old with mine.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

just a few that I would consider friends...
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
scotty
Overbomber

At 35 years old in the Summer, I have three, three real friends, Mag's(16 years), Jim(31 years :eek: , & Stewart(15 years), friends that I don't have to speak to every Day/ Week, Friends who've been there when I've needed them, and I've been there for them, we've seen each other through good and bad times, Births, Deaths & Marriages, Divorces, the Best and Worst of times, no thanks have ever been required, I've a few people I class as Friends/Mates, some I've met via Heartland :wink: , some through other areas of life, work, gigs ect.
Friends seem to drift in and out of life, I had "Friends", really close friends (at the time) who I haven't seen/heard of in years :( .
People use the term "Friend" too loosely, IMO.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Friends seem to drift in and out of life, I had "Friends", really close friends (at the time) who I haven't seen/heard of in years :( .
yeah...most of them from Edinburgh?... :urff:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:Friends seem to drift in and out of life, I had "Friends", really close friends (at the time) who I haven't seen/heard of in years :( .
Aye.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:
Aye.
yep..they're all the same...bastids :evil:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:
Burn wrote: yeah...most of them from Edinburgh?... :urff:
Aye.
yep..they're all the same...bastids :evil:
Aye.
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

yes i was deserted by you in sd

:lol:

no really of course who hasn't
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Unfortunately, some folks fail to realize that some friendships may just require more work than others, for a variety of reasons, and they're not willing to put in the effort required, ultimately deeming the friendships (and thus, the friends involved) unworthy. Sad. :( :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

My friends have helped make me myself, make me comfortable with myself, helped me find peace and made me a deeper person.
I'm just getting to grips with the fact that friends can be just as good a friends even when they don't have as much time to spend together,because before last autumn me and my truest, closest,deepest friends spent pretty much most of every day of the year together, maybe it was abit too much, but we all grew so much from it and I'll never forget it and them. I am reminded of them constantly in the form of the me they introdued me to if that makes sence, and it was the greatest gift anyone could give..true guidance...I've grown with these people into the person I've been looking for, the me that feels so familiar...and I'm honoured to say that I helped do a similar thing for them.
True friendships give you something to take away in yourself for a lifetime that is precious, true friends teach you the value of you, true friends allow you to talk about or debate anything on your mind without judging...they accept it because it is you and take everything on board and of course in true friendships all this is given and received.
True friends can be in each others company without saying a thing, and they always know the right thing to say. Friends know the answers you are looking for and guide you to them. Friends KNOW you. And true friends can always part ways with good will

That is what my most intense friendships have been like anyway ;D it is quite similar to love..only different...
"f**k me and marry me young"
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

SINsister wrote:Unfortunately, some folks fail to realize that some friendships may just require more work than others, for a variety of reasons, and they're not willing to put in the effort required, ultimately deeming the friendships (and thus, the friends involved) unworthy. Sad. :( :von:
But you'll accept a dog with a bone in whatever context? :)
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]