Hamburg 16th April

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews.... :D

Welcome to the newbies... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i think "giving ground" was played too
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yapp, Giving Ground was definetly played. Remember it so good because I was sitting on Steffens shoulders during this song.

In the German forum poison-door.net someone said that he was soooo disappointed from the show because of the bad sound. The sound could have been better but was it really so bad? Not where I was standing...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Who said, the sound was bad all in all?

So far, nearly everyone´s review point out well opinions related to the instrumetal sound, exspecially Ben and Chris new guit-influences.

Below the line, only the vocal performance couldn´t satisfy everyone.
Fitzgig
Road Kill

i think the vocal performance was really good - just the vocal mix could not stand up, which seems to have been a problem at a lot of the gigs in the last years. i've seen them at a lot of occasions in the past 14 yers (yes, sadly never seen them during the floodland or even falaa era), but i didn't feel it hurt the overall performance at all. von was in good shape as far as i'm concerned, and, as i said, was in a good mood - especially if you think about the fact that hamburg has always been a shaky thing for him. i think he took the audience by storm - yeah, ben and chris helped a lot, they were a blast - chris is a real showstealer, for sure. he *did* take off his glasses :lol:

this is the opinion of a long time sissy follower of course (before someone bitches, i was introduced to them lately by this corrosion, but soon fell for falaa, reptile house and everything before that), but: i went to the gig with my former girl friend, who *never* dug them and an ebm/electronic fanatic ("maschinenfest"/krefeld, anyone?) and both did enjoy the gig very much! by the way, he was the one starting the "st.pauli" soccer choral :D

i don't know, i liked them in their "first" incarnation - wake is bloody brilliant (i think the performance may even be that good *because* of the broken rib) and i liked the succeeding ones. i saw them in the city of bonn in bright daylight - and i had a good time (white/silver outfit & sugar baby love, yeah!) - but they never appeared as "compact" (band-wise) like this year. at least to me.

just my two cents...

greetings,
fitzgig
There's a secret song at the centre of the world, and it's sound is like razors through flesh. I'm here to turn up the volume.
Badlander
Overbomber

Thanks for the review & welcome to HL.
Fitzgig wrote:he *did* take off his glasses :lol:
During Top nite out ? :)
this is the opinion of a long time sissy follower of course (before someone bitches,
If someone did such a thing, you'd be entitled to call him/her an ass. ;D

Such is the spirit of this forum.
i don't know, i liked them in their "first" incarnation - wake is bloody brilliant
Quite far from their first incarnation don't you think ? Are inverted commas enough ?
Wait, now I am bitching ! :urff: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Fitzgig
Road Kill

yep! he knows how to please an audience. by the way, my friend is even sure he saw von take off his glasses twice while in the back of the stage. but since he has no photo-proof... :twisted:

Quite far from their first incarnation don't you think ? Are inverted commas enough ?
Wait, now I am bitching ! :urff: :lol:
uh, maybe i'm too young to really comment on the "early" years :oops:

but maybe i'm to drug-infiltrated to remember all incarnations ;D

greetings,
fitzgig
There's a secret song at the centre of the world, and it's sound is like razors through flesh. I'm here to turn up the volume.
Badlander
Overbomber

uh, maybe i'm too young to really comment on the "early" years :oops:
It's not about being old enough, it's about getting things right. :wink:
I like to think that here on HL you're not judged by how many gigs you've been to, how old you are, the size of you record collection...
...or even the size of your willie, which amounts quite much to the same IMO. :innocent: ;D
Medieval Babe
Road Kill

Fitzgig wrote:
yep! he knows how to please an audience. by the way, my friend is even sure he saw von take off his glasses twice while in the back of the stage. but since he has no photo-proof... :twisted:
No photo-proof here either, but he definitely did...

The sound in the middle of the front row was absolutely awful. 3/4 of the time I heard hardly more than a whisper... But it was still worth it.

By the way: Hi from a forum-newbie. Been a fan of them for 19 years but found my way here only yesterday.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

The sound in the middle of the front row was absolutely awful.
Next time, i will coming closer to the monitor speakers, too ;D

PS: Welcome on Heartland, Medieval.
Badlander
Overbomber

Medieval Babe wrote: The sound in the middle of the front row was absolutely awful. 3/4 of the time I heard hardly more than a whisper... But it was still worth it.
Ach, you can't help it unfortunately. Technically speaking, the first row is almost the worst place sound-wise. But it's the best if you wanna get close to the Gods. :twisted:
And welcome to HL ! Image
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

And quite good if you like to do some serious set list grabbing. If they have any, that is :roll: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
pikkrong
Overbomber

Great show and the best support act I have seen :von: :notworthy:
Chris is a real Robochrist - i. e. somone who has more energy than human :notworthy:
And my best wishes to everyone I met there! 8)

Indrek
do i drive
or am i driven
Badlander
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Great show and the best support act I have seen :von: :notworthy:
Chris is a real Robochrist - i. e. somone who has more energy than human :notworthy:
If only we'd had him in Paris instead of that Nihil crap... But I guess he had better things to attend to (namely his girlfriend from Leeds). :?
NoDevotion
Road Kill

loved the still harder / still faster part
we didn't get that in copenhagen
the smoke machines were working
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Great show and the best support act I have seen :von: :notworthy:
And my best wishes to everyone I met there! 8)

Indrek
This was one of the best Sisters shows I have seen. Great sound, great lights. But the -crowd- was definitely the best I have EVER seen at a Sisters gig, several hundreds of people practically moshing their way through the songs from Flood I onwards, also chanting St Pauli-i at some point, charmed by the shirts Andrew wore. And Andrew looked ace this evening. Ben and Chris wanted to continue playing after Temple, but Andrew obviously told them not to. If it only were the guitarists we would easily get 2-hour-shows each date of this tour. Top guys!

Listened to the sound check and wished I could ever hear such a cool thing at a Sisters gig - Ben playing his part of Giving ground, utterly bastard groovy!
TheBoyNextDoor

I agree with Euphoria. One of the best gig I've ever seen. Period.

:D
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

best atmosphere ever for mee, too!
loved the sing-al-ong, which was just awsome - never had anything compareable at at sisters gig!
the sound thing (as ever): sound in front cenetr stage is poor, but in front of the speakers clear very good (as ever, i treid all of them, beginning in front an moving backwards later on)!
hello to everybody i met - was great to meet that many of you at the reperbahn.
robochrist was great fun - and the sisters rule!
j
love is just a shot away
TheBoyNextDoor

pikkrong wrote:Chris is a real Robochrist - i. e. somone who has more energy than human :notworthy:
Actually he had problems with his neck the day after.. :lol:
Hausi
Road Kill

Hi everybody!

If you are looking for the longsleeve shirt Andrew wears at the Hamburg gig, go and visit the following site:

http://www.fcstpauli.de/index_shop.php

Go to the "Kollektionen" section and click to the "Neu/new 2005" section.

If you ask me, Eldo got the "Girlie" shirt!
The fear takes hold!
lachert
Overbomber

he's got two version:
and
long live rock'n'roll
Hausi
Road Kill

Yeaaaaaaa......you are right!

But the sweater with the big "St. Pauli" sign at the encore, is the old one from his wardrobe (I guess)!

And the one with the smaler sign (which he weard from the beginning on), is as already stated, available at...

http://www.fcstpauli.de/index_shop.php
The fear takes hold!