06 May - UEA - Norwich

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i like the uea's steps... they're very good for me
See you there then ems! :D :notworthy:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

adrenachrome wrote:I see doors open at 7.30pm. Would it be about right to expect them on stage from 9pm? Assuming sufficient smoke has been blasted out to obscure everything.
Judging by London and Leeds:

8pm - The Ivories
8:40ish - Setting up...
9pm - Sisters
10:30 - Everyone looks for somewhere to continue drinking...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
emilystrange wrote:i like the uea's steps... they're very good for me
See you there then ems! :D :notworthy:
looking at the stage, i'm usually between the sound desk and the left hand corner
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
czuczu
Overbomber

UEA must have the quaintest ticket booking site ever - "thanks for your order, we'll let you know if you can have a ticket later"
:eek:
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

I've just got back from the UEA as I thought I'd do a dummy run just to make sure I don't get lost tomorrow. :lol:

It's a lovely place but where are the Sisters playing? I didn't go too far into the campus, just past the Sports Park and then up to the Main Car Park where the security/enquiries building is. If I park in the main car park where do I go from there? :?: Also is there a uni bar or will we have to wait until the doors open at 7:30?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

from the main car park, you can't see the venue.. you need to cross over the road you just turned off into car park. its only 100 yeads or so. you can follow the crowd.. down the side of the building are steps, go down those for the bar.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

less than 24hrs to go - seems to have come around fast :D

hopefully catch some of you tomorrow - I'll be the tall guy dressed in black............ :wink:
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

SomeKindOfStranger wrote: I'll be the tall guy dressed in black............ :wink:
so you'll be undercover? ;D ;D ;D ;D
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
SomeKindOfStranger

Ghostrider wrote:so you'll be undercover? ;D ;D ;D ;D
:lol: :lol:

If anyone wants to say hi, this is me and my mrs
(im the one on the right......):

PHOTO

- see, not always in black!
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:from the main car park, you can't see the venue.. you need to cross over the road you just turned off into car park. its only 100 yeads or so. you can follow the crowd.. down the side of the building are steps, go down those for the bar.
Lovely stuff, cheers for that. 8)
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

so where exactly is the venue and which car park do we use?

24.24.2.489 Deceased
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

As you go through the main gate there's a car park on the left but DON'T use that one. Instead go a little further up the road and you'll see another car park on the left called Main Car Park - use that one. 8)

Where we go from there is anyones guess. I'll just mingle with anyone I see dressed in black. ;D
scotty
Overbomber

Hope everyone has as great a time as I did in Leeds :D :D , I'd like a volunteer to drink copious amounts of alcohol on my behalf please.........any takers? :twisted: , enjoy :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
SomeKindOfStranger

much as I would love to, I will be driving so i'll have to pass this time!

and having said that - its just about time to head off. Will try and post a review when i get back later.

heres hoping for a good one......
moreau
Road Kill

Just came back from said gig! Been waiting to see the SOM for many many years.

We left early...during This Corrosion.

Sorry but it was awful, half the crowd was not interested due to the fact you could hardly see the band. Now why would a 47 year old be shaven, wearing baggy tops and surrounded in smoke (now a bit of smoke is fine but this was crazy)hmmm?

Too much material we'd never heard before, a medley as the second number!!!!??? No interaction with the crowd, well they couldnt see us. Flat sound and flat performance, may have well just played everything by a backing track. My mate said "well I've never eaten crisps at a gig before!" as we wandered off down the back.

A lot of people were leaving after a few numbers.

It was a real real shame, been a fan (not a diehard) since I saw Corrosion on the ye olde Chartshow back in the 80's. My first and last SOM gig.

I'm sorry and quite dissapointed. Remember its just my opinion, maybe some enjoyed it, but even the goth brigade looked pretty bored.
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

You must have been to a different gig to me? :| I see you have a post count of one, have you just come here to moan?

I've just got back and

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

The sound was fantastic, if anyone comes on here and tells you otherwise then they must be deaf - my ears are still ringing!! ;D No problems hearing :von: over the guitars.

The crowd at the front/middle seemed the liveliest, jumping around all night. Usual set list so no big surprises but the highlight for me was Flood, I've always loved this song and the live performance was fantastic. Other highlights were Lucretia, Alice, This Corrosion and Temple Of Love - they really got the crowd going.

If there's any more reports of people leaving early then all I can say is it must take a hell of a lot to please them. :innocent:

Bloody loved it and would definitely go again!! 8)
aims
Overbomber

moreau wrote:Now why would a 47 year old be shaven, wearing baggy tops and surrounded in smoke (now a bit of smoke is fine but this was crazy)hmmm?
Wonderful tacit ad hominem attack :roll:
Too much material we'd never heard before, a medley as the second number!!!!???
Material which you've had 3 to 13 years to hear. And there's no rule, written or otherwise about where medlies should go.

A lot of people were leaving after a few numbers.
I'm sorry and quite dissapointed. Remember its just my opinion, maybe some enjoyed it, but even the goth brigade looked pretty bored.
That would be especially the Goth Brigade because, now more than ever, the Sisters aren't a goth band, as has been very much apparent since at least the turn of the millenium. Yet, for some strange reason, it's still an unwritten rite that those wearing velvet capes must attend every local Sisters gig, if only to complain about it afterwards :urff:

Anyway, tis a shame you didn't enjoy it, but at least you now know what to expect and consequently avoid. Better that than do it year after year and fill up dominion with whinging :?
James Blast
Banned

was there a Never Land (more than a fragment), I need to know?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:was there a Never Land (more than a fragment), I need to know?
Yes there was, about three quarters of the way into the show. 8) It seemed longer than a fragment but who knows.....
James Blast
Banned

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:
James Blast wrote:was there a Never Land (more than a fragment), I need to know?
Yes there was, about three quarters of the way into the show. 8) It seemed longer than a fragment but who knows.....
Thank you.
That's why I called it Never Land (more than a fragment) :twisted:

my prayers are being answered :D 8)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
moreau
Road Kill

Motz wrote:Anyway, tis a shame you didn't enjoy it, but at least you now know what to expect and consequently avoid. Better that than do it year after year and fill up dominion with whinging :?
It is a shame, my girlfriend kept mentioning today about how excited I was and I was truly. I even listend to SGWBM twice today!

Anyway not to worry, I'm glad others really enjoyed it. It will be interesting to hear their impressions. Its a shame mine was so different maybe. I guess you cant please them all.

I did enjoy watching the Garth Merenghi lookalike security guard telling girls to 'get down' at the front though.
aims
Overbomber

moreau wrote:I did enjoy watching the Garth Merenghi lookalike security guard telling girls to 'get down' at the front though.
:lol:

"And then a hellbeast ate them..." :innocent:
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

Kept forgetting to mention that in the queue outside I was standing pretty close to a guy with a Heartland t-shirt and he/you were with a bald guy who looked like Keith from The Prodigy. 8) We were close to the front of the queue and I was wearing a light blue Sisters t-shirt and I've got a ginger skinhead.

If that was you - hello!! ;D
miss spookiness
Road Kill

i have just got back from this gig as well, and i must say - it was absolutely fantastic :D more than made up for the terrible london gig! i was right in front of the sound desk, in the middle, and the sound was great!! the only thing that ruined it for me was everyone going 'turn it up' :x they should have stopped worrying about it, and got on with listening to what they could hear, it was plenty loud enough for me, and most of the crowd it seemed. dominion was just amazing, and once again temple of love was great. i loved the way the lights were through the smoke - at the london gig i couldnt really see it to its full effect, as i was surrounded by tall people!!

i am so glad i went to this gig - one of the best i've been to :D
There Is No You,There Is Only Me
moreau
Road Kill

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:Kept forgetting to mention that in the queue outside I was standing pretty close to a guy with a Heartland t-shirt and he/you were with a bald guy who looked like Keith from The Prodigy. 8) We were close to the front of the queue and I was wearing a light blue Sisters t-shirt and I've got a ginger skinhead.

If that was you - hello!! ;D
Do you wear glasses and were you with your other half?

Oh and if the young lady with the spiderweb stockings and latex look knee-high stilleto boots is in, you looked yummy! :oops: