Who would like to see record with The Sisters?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
zippy
Road Kill

Muppet wrote:
logiclust wrote:
thedigbertofcrank wrote: ...It's just that they already know the chords and lyrics which would save some rehearsal time.
are you talking about the sisters or nouvelle...

actually, i quite like covers most of the time... My feeling is that if it is a good song, it will hold up no matter who trys to butcher it. unless it's some piece of s**t american idol band trying to cover a clash song...

that reminds me.. there was a song that Big Black did way back when and I alway thought it sounded like big black doing a cover of a song the sisters had covered, only they covered the sisters version..... I'll continue to claim that it's true, though i know it isn't.
Once heard someone say that they reckoned "El Dopa" was the original "Ghost Rider".... hey ho??!!
:roll: Would that be Ghost Riders in the Sky? :roll:
Am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a enigma
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

daggs wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
a.r.kane wrote:I'd like to see him record with a producer, engineer and a decent band. Could you imagine what that might sound like??
"who's that trit-trotting across my bridge? who's that trit-trotting on the water? who's that trit-trotting on the floodland?" :innocent:
He was told to fcuk off on the general chat board for being a troll. Whats the point in spending your time going on forums to annoy people...obviously this guy has a fairly dull life :innocent:
@ Daggs This is R&R. Don't you like having your faith questioned?
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not sure which is the more disturbing..Girls Aloud ..or Muppet knowing the lyrics to their songs.. perfectly ( I'm told).

I think Eldtrich should do a song in his real voice..not his stage/ recording one..his real voice, the one he uses on the phone and in the old days before - he where right Goth,like! It would then sound like a Chas and Dave cover!! "Cor blimey, me ol china..fancy a pint darn the ol Temple of Lurve,tweacle ?"
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
robertzombie
Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:notworthy:
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Ramone wrote:Not sure which is the more disturbing..Girls Aloud ..or Muppet knowing the lyrics to their songs.. perfectly ( I'm told).

I think Eldtrich should do a song in his real voice..not his stage/ recording one..his real voice, the one he uses on the phone and in the old days before - he where right Goth,like! It would then sound like a Chas and Dave cover!! "Cor blimey, me ol china..fancy a pint darn the ol Temple of Lurve,tweacle ?"
Girls Aloud lyrics? Cut and past mate, cut and paste...... :D

Am about to go to bed with an image of Von singing "You've got more more rabbit than Sainsbury's, it's time you got it off your chest...."
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
zippy
Road Kill

Muppet wrote:
Ramone wrote:Not sure which is the more disturbing..Girls Aloud ..or Muppet knowing the lyrics to their songs.. perfectly ( I'm told).

Girls Aloud lyrics? Cut and past mate, cut and paste...... :D

Am about to go to bed with an image of Von singing "You've got more more rabbit than Sainsbury's, it's time you got it off your chest...."

:lol: AE and Take That!!! :lol:
Am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a enigma