Tool - 10,000 Days

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Spooky. Me too. :lol:

Although I'd heard A Perfect Circle (at the thing at London Docklands when Nine Inch Nails were supposed to play but didn't) before I heard any Tool.
Spookier.... ditto! Well, didn't get to the infamous NIN docklands gig, but I first heard APC around the same time, via the wonders of MTV2 and the internet... only had sky installed then and web access for the first time, I was a resolute luddite in the 90's and refused to have much to do with them!.... anyway, saw the "Judith" vid and went and got the album, and that was pretty mich the start of it.

Have a lot of time for "13th Step" . some great songs on there (The Noose, The Package etc).... but oh dear did that "emotive" covers one pretty much stink!!!!
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
motopsycho
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
Muppet wrote: Apparently it's going to be their "blues album" (????!!!!! :eek: ).... and will be more guitar oriented than Lateralus (which is odd, as that album isn't exactly know for it's lack of them!)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I just hope that Tool's "blues album" is better than Black rebel motorcycle club's "folk album"... :urff:
Why don't some people just stick to what they do best. :innocent:
If it's anywhere near as good as BRMC's 'folk album' it will be close to being the greatest, but I doubt it.
uptown top wanking
Badlander
Overbomber

Look what I just found, used & at a very reasonable price :
&
Ain't life just grand sometimes ? ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

where'd ya find em & for how much? good score!

btw, i tried to blag the new Tool using isohunt & got a garbage download, serves me right for being impatient!
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Yup, where did you find them at a "reasonable price"???!!!! All the sites I've seen have been around the £6.50 mark each, which seems a bit steep for two songs that are 5 years old!
Badlander
Overbomber

davedecay wrote:where'd ya find em & for how much? good score!
Local record store, where I usually get my dose of soul music from. They were sold for €12,50 each. I then saw the second DVD in another store at a mere €7... Oh cripes, I bought them from a friend after all, and he always gives me special prices.
christophe
Overbomber

less than 3 days to go ! :notworthy:
davedecay

i heard a leaked version. i won't comment until you've all had a chance to hear it for yourselves.

great cover art, except it looks a bit like "fool" now.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

I've just heard "Vicarious" - well, actually, I've heard nothing else but "Vicarious" all day.... oh yes, it's good. It's bloody good.

It does sound a lot like Lateralus (album, not the song) - parts of it reminded me of The Grudge, with a bit of Schism...and there is also just a hint of s**t as well.

But... and here's the but.... the ending of the song is just GOBSMACKINGLY amazing. Carey's drumming is some of his most impressive ever; and that of course is really saying something.

It's all you could ever want from a Tool song really; just one problem: it's not long enough.

And no, it does not sound bluesy. Thank the gods.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Any one interested I have it..
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Badlander
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:Any one interested I have it..
:eek:
How can that be ?!
I am so jealous ! :evil: :wink: 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've just found it up on Bittorrent.

Although I will buy it as well as downloading it.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

davedecay wrote:i heard a leaked version. i won't comment until you've all had a chance to hear it for yourselves.
I have this in my CD player right now, actually... I won't comment- not here, at least; it's all over the guitar forums I read- until its proper release date save for one thing: it's good. Different from Lateralus, and very dark. But good.
Left at the dead badger.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Badlander wrote:
Lynchfanatic wrote:Any one interested I have it..
:eek:
How can that be ?!
I am so jealous ! :evil: :wink: 8)
My better half is a huge fan, found it on Bittorrent as well as markfiend, and he will also buy it I heard him utter. Now shall I be mean and comment on it? tihi... nah I wont.. ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
wild bill buttock

Really didn't think they could follow up the genius and intensity of "Lateralus".But they have.
Stunning.Modern rock doesn't get any better than this(God knows there's little competition).
Like "Lateralus", as soon as I'd finished listening to "10000 days"the first time I just had to play it again straight after. :notworthy: :notworthy:
And not only that but the vocalist,Bill Maynard,is not a bad actor either.He was best as Selwyn Froggatt but he was OK in Heartbeat as well. :wink:
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Badlander
Overbomber

Does anybody know if there'll be a special edition à la Aenima and Lateralus ? 8)

@ LynchFanatic : thanks for no info. :wink: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Fuck me that's a good album!
wild bill buttock wrote:Like "Lateralus", as soon as I'd finished listening to "10000 days"the first time I just had to play it again straight after. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yeah, me too (with both albums) :notworthy:

(Lateralus was the first album I did that with since Floodland.)

*edit: fixed tags
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

I got the album yesterday just after 24h :P (I hope no Belgian papers have printed my photo today? :oops: )
so I was only able to play in once before going to bed, now I'm just home from work and first thing was putting on that disc :notworthy: its amazing. hard whitout going over it and soft but not boring :notworthy:
you can compare it to Lateralus but still different.

btw, sublim artwork and juwelcase

ow and I bought the new PearlJam album to but I haven't heard it yet
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Badlander wrote:Does anybody know if there'll be a special edition à la Aenima and Lateralus ? 8)

@ LynchFanatic : thanks for no info. :wink: :lol:
Lol, I downloaded it on Bittorrent, better? ;)

Or you wanna know what i had for breakfast? :P Its actually a non normal breakfast I had today...
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Must say I'm not convinced by the album as a whole at the moment (I guess I'm in a 'hard to please' kinda mood!)... but it's worth the money for the "Wings for Marie/10000 days" piece, one of the most nerve-shreddingly beautiful things they've ever done; and of course for the packaging. I can't really look at it; it just hurts my eyes. My wife however can stare at it for hours....
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

davedecay wrote:great cover art, except it looks a bit like "fool" now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gave it a listen myself, but doesn't really looks like I'll listen to it again :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Has anyone heard the Coachella Festival (30/Apr/2006) recording that's doing the rounds on BitTorrent at the moment? F*cking outstandingly good. I think Danny Carey must have three pairs of arms.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

I just read this on another forum, tried it myself and it works!
to bad I can't seem to save the song, you just have to try it yourself.

if you play Wings (PT 1) back to back to Viginiti Tres
and at the same time as Wings (PT 2) you get a whole new song.
its a nice extra for people who have no life :lol:
Another Shade of You.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Didn't some band release a record that was 4CDs that had to be played simultaneously?
—Bertrand Russell
kinski
Road Kill

That would be Zaireeka by the Flaming Lips. :P