It's cheaper to be fat!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

I've just been to Tesco's to grab a quick something for my piece (Lunch to you Englanders and posh birds fi Bearsd'n!), a mixed fresh fruit salad and two o' them wee fruit smoothie things came to £4.87 :eek: :eek: :evil: , I could have got a tin of Coke, a mince pie, a packet of crisps and a Heart attack for about £2.50, where's the encouragement to eat healthily...............FFS :roll:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Should have just gone the chippy and got yourself some of that deep fried pizza and mars bars we keep getting told about. :innocent: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye, welcome to my hell. :?

basically its cheaper to fill food full of chemicals, additives and s**t than it is is to actually put anything real in.

have look at the ingredients list for a mcdonalds strawberry milkshake for example... it was printed in a book called "fast food nation" and spread over 3 pages :lol: :roll:

food science has a lot to answer for :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I had a battered Mars Bar on my last jaunt to Glesgae. First Bite was lovely, by the third bite, it was in the bin! :lol:

Sympathies to those with this problem; Miss Sinister is obsessed with healthy food (I have no idea how she copes with my diet!), and regularly spends £silly on food. All this chatter about 'Obese Britain' is just a smoke-screen, because the administration will never try and push the big food-producing corporations around, eh?
Andy TG
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:I had a battered Mars Bar on my last jaunt to Glesgae. First Bite was lovely, by the third bite, it was in the bin! :lol:

Sympathies to those with this problem; Miss Sinister is obsessed with healthy food (I have no idea how she copes with my diet!), and regularly spends £silly on food. All this chatter about 'Obese Britain' is just a smoke-screen, because the administration will never try and push the big food-producing corporations around, eh?
My ExGF now Best Mate :eek: is on a health kick at the moment - do what she does - buy a juicer, buy fresh fruit / veggies every other day and make your own smoothy thing - they are very nice in fact
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
jande

Its not the battered mars bars that bothered me, when we lived in Edinburgh, but the deep fried pies the chippies sold
Andy TG
Overbomber

jande wrote:Its not the battered mars bars that bothered me, when we lived in Edinburgh, but the deep fried pies the chippies sold
Oh Never heard of them - a deep fried steak and kidney pie sounds like something I would like to try. I wonder if my local Chippy would be willing to make one for me - I am serious about this :eek:
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

you want a deep fried pizza Andy, I still miss them
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:aye, welcome to my hell. :?

...and mine! The organic/healthy/natural/veggie supermarket chain called WholeFoods here in the States has been dubbed "Whole Paycheck" because of it - and it's not really much of an exaggeration. It's disgusting. All the blab about Americans being the fattest folks on earth...well, the average Joe and his family over here probably can't *afford* to eat anywhere but sodding McDonald's! Quality healthy food costs an arm and a leg! :evil: :urff: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eotunun
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:

...and mine! The organic/healthy/natural/veggie supermarket chain called WholeFoods here in the States has been dubbed "Whole Paycheck" because of it - and it's not really much of an exaggeration. It's disgusting. All the blab about Americans being the fattest folks on earth...well, the average Joe and his family over here probably can't *afford* to eat anywhere but sodding McDonald's! Quality healthy food costs an arm and a leg! :evil: :urff: :von:
Back in the good old days you at least got a whole pig.. :innocent:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Andy TG
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:

But judging by the size of said "Arm and Leg" I am sure the doner and their family would be able to eat at "WholeFoods" for a month ;-)
This Is M & S S & M
wild bill buttock

Salad ain't food,its what food eats!
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Andy TG
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote:Salad ain't food,its what food eats!
IIRC thats a Young Ones quote! :eek:
This Is M & S S & M
wild bill buttock

Vyvyn(or is it Vyvian?I don't know its late) Bastard I believe C.1984
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Big Si
School Bully

Andy TG wrote:
jande wrote:Its not the battered mars bars that bothered me, when we lived in Edinburgh, but the deep fried pies the chippies sold
Oh Never heard of them - a deep fried steak and kidney pie sounds like something I would like to try. I wonder if my local Chippy would be willing to make one for me - I am serious about this :eek:
I had one last night! :P :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
jande

Big Si wrote:
Andy TG wrote:
Did you have sauce with it or is that just an east coast thing?
Francis
Overbomber

You can't go wrong with beans on toast. And pilchards. Or pitta bread if you're feeling adventurous. Washed down with a few can's of Guinness. It's as good as a three course meal. :innocent:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Big Si
School Bully

jande wrote:
Big Si wrote:
Andy TG wrote: Oh Never heard of them - a deep fried steak and kidney pie sounds like something I would like to try. I wonder if my local Chippy would be willing to make one for me - I am serious about this :eek:
Did you have sauce with it or is that just an east coast thing?
Normally with Brown, but that night just extra lard :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

The solution is very simple.

Go to the McDonald's, just eat a bag of small fries and have a diet coke every day. If you remain lardy on that, you're a medical miracle! :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
DerekR
Doobie Brother

jande wrote:Did you have sauce with it or is that just an east coast thing?
Mmmm chippy sauce, a delicacy limited to the east coast of Scotland, where we have a more discerning palate :wink: . Basically Gold Star brown sauce watered down with vinegar. They sell it in lemonade bottles in Edinburgh chippys you know (well the good ones anyway) 8) You tried asking for "salt an sauce" in a Glasgow chippy? You'd get run out of town! :lol:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

What about scraps those bits of batter than would appear to have fallen of the fish?

Wife introduced me to that in Leeds-is it widespread?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Big Si
School Bully

weebleswobble wrote:What about scraps those bits of batter than would appear to have fallen of the fish?

No scraps in glesga :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

I didn't think you needed to 'water down' and Gold Star products with vinegar DR they're pretty tart to begin with :lol:
I do like a chip or 98 with lashings of Gold Star Red Sauce :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69

weebleswobble wrote:What about scraps those bits of batter than would appear to have fallen of the fish?

My skoolmate introduced me to that ~ in Staffordshire, we used to call them "fish bits" :p
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

oooooh scraps.. now that does take me back..

Mind you, the more confusing issue with chip shops in Bolton was wtf a "barm cake" was...

Girl behind counter of one chip shop had to show me wtf it was as she didn't know any other name for it..

When I saw it I realised it was a roll/butty.. I was quite disappointed.. barm cake sounded proper exotic..
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries