Wembley 90

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
MAtT
Road Kill

I was at the second night in the standing area at the front - like many it was my first Sisters gig and I really enjoyed it. As far as I remember the place was pretty full. The following night I saw the Happy Mondays at the same venue, which was odd.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote: i didnt bother going. which surely makes me one of the elite few? ;)
Me neither. Can you have an elite of 2?

Still, didn't have long to wait for my first taste of the Live Thing, at the Poly in Feb.

Most annoyed about not being arsed to make it to Reading later that year. D'oh.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wasn't at Wembley either.One of the best gigs I never saw,apart from Hussey's first sisters gig at The tin can in 84. :innocent:
However I was at Brum in 93 and saw the bird in the wedding dress,That was one of the worst gigs I did go to.
I did see the Sisters in 85 and was so off my tits on a certain substance :urff: ,I might as well not have bothered.Can't remember a thing about it :( .I believe I enjoyed it though,at least the GF i was with told me I did :D
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I was at the first night. Swapped my ticket with a tout outside and ended up with a worse ticket due to my Vodka addled brain thinking it was a good deal.

Was my first Sisters gig. The only other time I've seen them was at Josephs Well last year which was fantastic.
Why the hell I haven't gone to any on this tour is beyond me...ho hum
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Dan
Overbomber

I was at Wembley the first night, in the standing area I think. Not quite my first Sisters gig as I was at the first 2 Hamburg gigs a week earlier.