Anyone Else Have A Great Night II?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

F--kwit wrote:
Black Shuk wrote::twisted: :twisted: I've just read a hilarious article on the Warlocks in Bang Magazine- they are the Spinal Tap of the 'new rock' scene.
I hope they were being ironic.
The warlocks are ace! if you close your eyes it could be spacamen 3 sometimes...

I had a bloody good night on Thursday, went to see the Buzzcocks and then had a tequila sunrise session whereby I drank 2 great big men under the table. I am now into the second day of the hangover from hell. Tequila is baaaaaaaaaad.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop over for a bit of sanity! :)
I agree the Warlocks are ace, I am well impressed with their album and was gutted at their Leeds gig being cancelled. The Spacemen 3 sound is certainly there, but it comes I think with a little bit of help from Sonic Boom. :von:

Tequila won't be bad forever!! :twisted:
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
pikkrong
Overbomber

Well, drank some brandy (and also real cognac) with some people from Depeche Mode Fan Club (no, no, I'm not a member of it, if I were a member of any bands' fan club - you know the name of it :wink: ) and had fun with some video collections on DVDs (a new romatics collection, a punk collection and German Zillo-magazine synth'n'goth collection).
So, I try to remember some best moments:

-Duran Duran
-Soft Cell
-Human League
-Iggy Pop
-Public Image Limited
-Generation X
-Stranglers
-Alien Sex Fiend
-The M ission
-Paradise Lost
-Deine Lakaien
-Wolfsheim
-Tiamat
-And One
-Project Pitchfork

and so on...
do i drive
or am i driven
Thea
Overbomber

saw the damned tuesday night - bloody fantastic! they played a great set. it took a while for the croud to get warmed up, but once they got going the place went s**t.

seeing tem again tomorrow - rawk!
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

F'in great evening had in NYC fri eve/sat AM.

Got my punk/deathrock/goth fix with:

Holidays In Cambodia[Dead Kennedys]
Orgasm Addict[Buzzcocks]
First And Last And Always/Ribbons[Sisters Of Mercy]
Riboflavin Flavored, Non Carbonated, Polyunsaturated Blood/Partytime[45 Grave]
Can Your Pussy Do The Dog?/Big Black Witchcraft Rock[The Cramps]
Story Of My Life(live)[Social Distortion]
Fire Of Love[Gun Club]
Let Love In[Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds]
Big Hollow Man[Danielle Dax]
Mr. Alphabet Says[The Glove]

Justj0hn.......
Thea
Overbomber

gotham rocked. seriously.
the damned looked and sounded great, descendants of cain were awesome, ghost of lemora were fantastic, killing miranda were better than i expected, psycophile were fun,

i saw me mates and had a laugh - really great night!
Big Si
School Bully

Last tuesday night - 20th May in O'Neills bar in Seville. Had just arrived a few hours earlier, saw Charlie and the Bhoys live in the park outside Queen Amidala's palace (that's right star wars fans!), then a ceilidh band in O'Neills - vocals supplied by everyone in the bar! Lots of pogues/irish/celtic tunes 8) :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Had the chance to freakout out, at a club, to Depeche Mode's "Stripped" as well as "Gay Bar"~Electric 6. That alone is enough to deem it a great night but I came home to learn of a possible UK local tour of Curve in the near future. !!!!!
If that happens, my ass is SO there on that side to see one of my favorite bands perform on their own soil. Er, well....I'd try REALLY hard to be that is.

j0hn.......
Thea
Overbomber

last night - the damned - stourbridge.
fun beyond beleif :D
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

@RobF-hey,i was giving some serious thought to relocating down to nottingham at some point....
had some good times down there when had tickets to rock city for sisters tour and what have you....
the whole town had a good vibe about it.kind of more relaxed,less hate,more "hi,how ya doin".
oh and the shoppng was great!only place ive been to where you can barter for things.

was between nottingham and whitby with current relocating plans,and whitby won out this time.
would be cheaper,and less hassle to learn to drive and get a camper van thing.
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
pikkrong
Overbomber

havn't visited regular parties in local Depeche Mode Bar for a long time.
did it last night.
was quite quiet but pleasant atmosphere :)
do i drive
or am i driven
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Saturday Evening at the NYC club I haunt on a weekly basis:

Nine While Nine and This Corrosion(which believe it or not doesn't get much airplay anymore in these parts). Also was subjected to a f**king awful cover of Lucretia.
Second Skin[Chameleons]
Nemesis[Shriekback]
Do You Love Me?[Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds]
Only You[Yaz(oo)]
Israel[Siouxsie And The Banshees]
Desert Song[Dead Can Dance]
I Walk The Line[Alien Sex Fiend]

A decent night.

J.j.......
James Blast
Banned

Justj0hn wrote:Nemesis[Shriekback]
Glad to see some Shriekback in there, but why is it always Nemesis? There are way better tunes - New Home, Cleartrails, Accretions, Running On The Rocks.... I'll stop now.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Felt like resurrecting this thread because these past few nights have been rather good.

Thursday I'd spent a few hours at a NYC venue being witness to a rather impassioned set by Just Sullivan(and friends). Highlights..."Better Than Them", Dylan's "Masters Of War", Sullivan's quickly aborted attempt at "Freebird", "Ocean Rising"(from his solo effort), "Green And Grey". Quality gig.

Friday I danced my ass of at a club(also NYC)and freaked out to "Nine While Nine".....naturally, heh.

Tonight...the usual. Hitting the East Coast version of 'The Batcave'.

J.j.......
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets asks:

"but why is it always Nemesis?"

Wednesday the DJ completely threw me off by spinning "Everything That Rises Must Converge". I went balistic.

j0hn.......
James Blast
Banned

Could do worse Jj
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Ja, coulda been their ill-advised, s**t cover of "Get Down Tonight".
James Blast
Banned

After Dave Allen left, they lost it IMO.
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Justj0hn wrote:"Freebird"
There have been far too many mentions of this 'Classic' in recent threads. If you do not desist, I will feel compelled to subject you to yet another chapter of my pre-University memoirs. You have been warned.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Andie
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
Justj0hn wrote:"Freebird"
There have been far too many mentions of this 'Classic' in recent threads. If you do not desist, I will feel compelled to subject you to yet another chapter of my pre-University memoirs. You have been warned.

oh Harry... :notworthy:

Puhlease tell us all about your pre uni days...they've gotta be as intresting as mine...and if so...hubbahubba :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

@Tharsh, Freebird is a bete noir at Blast Towers, I hate it with a passion. :evil:
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Burn wrote:Puhlease tell us all about your pre uni days
Well, seeing as you've finally come out of the closet, and I'm a shameless self-publicist:

Dancing had never been part of my repertoire. I could rarely even drag myself away from the wall to join the lads in the compulsory airing of Freebird after a mind-numbing eternity in a church hall with a party seven, waiting for some sex goddess to turn up and have me for breakfast. And then the Stray Cats pulled into town. You just couldn’t help yourself. They had it all. The look. The attitude. The beat. If only my parents had been rock ‘n’ rollers, I could have practised with me Mum. G could dance. I decided to try. Surely, it was OK to dance to this stuff? I went to see them in Reading with a couple of other mates. My first gig, I think. I couldn’t understand why the lager came in plastic cups, then I found out. The support were some American punk outfit – the Barracudas I think, I’m sure it wasn’t the Dead Kennedys – and they got booed off after a couple of songs. Glasses were flying at them from all directions. Seemed like a rock and roll sort of thing to do so I joined in. As I watched mine fly towards the lead singer, the Catholic guilt hit me and I ducked just as he did. Sorry God, won’t do that again. The girls with us weren’t impressed. Struck out again. But when the Cats hit the stage, it was all forgotten and my feet found freedom.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
James Blast
Banned

The plastic container, Thrash, you had drained it of all alcohol, right?
Don't go upsetting me, it's late and a Sunday night.
~ Peter Steele
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I went to see Dylan Moran (of Black Books fame) last night in Manchester :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: he was brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

second time I've seen him, if you can get tickets and he's playing near you, go see him! :D
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away