Tuska Festival, Finland

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

According to the festival website, The Sisters will be performing at the Tuska Festival in Helsinki, at the end of June.
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice one for Jouni I guess. :D

Still waiting for Pukkelpop to arrive... :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yes, Sisters in Koskenkorva heaven (Finland that is) 06-06-30! 8)

http://www.tuska-festival.fi/2006/ohjelma.php

http://www.tuska-festival.fi
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

:eek: Now this is something to wake up to...i thought they'd never ever come here. And i thought it would take some time to see them again ;D

Ozpat: Absolutely Goddam Right!
we've got beer and we've got fuel
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ah interesting indeed! I never actually thought that coming.. :)

But exactly where is the fesitval? Helsinki (Tavastia)? I'm not very good at the finish language. ;D
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

No, Tavastia has a few small gigs it seems related to the festival, it's more like a club, if you click 'Kartat' on the left it shows approximately where in Helsinki the festival itself is.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

From the press release:

"The ninth annual Tuska Open Air Metal Festival taking place in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki, Finland"

http://www.tuska-festival.fi/2006/briefinenglish.php
TheBoyNextDoor

Ah thanks for the info itnaAklipse and Depprocksfarfar!

Now I just have to check the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki. :D
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Not -totally- unexpected, although I had heard rumours about Budapest being the last stop.

My experience from travelling in Finland is that there are a) at least as many Sisters fans as in other countries and b) they know how to party :-)

So, where else in Scandinavia are they playing when I'm on holiday down south? :roll:

They were going to play Oslo but changed it to Copenhagen. Watch out for Norwegian (and Swedish!) festivals around the Helsinki date...

EDIT:I will, for example, watch this space closely - highly suspect:
http://www.quart.no/hovedtekst.aspx?m=1208&amid=8301
Last edited by euphoria on 23 May 2006, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
TheBoyNextDoor

Ok, so now Ben and Chris are stuck with the Sisters for at least half the summer. That's great news.. and we're soon counting 70 gigs.

I'll say they do a couple of gigs between Budapest and Finland.. and then maybe a couple after that. Hell yeah, this tour never stops! Keep em coming! :P
Badlander
Overbomber

Yeah, that's great news indeed. Like Ozpat says, and I'd like them to play a couple more shows somewhere nearer France. :innocent: :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

What next then? Presumably Estonia then Eygpt

God he really is milking the cow :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
yuija
Road Kill

Lovely, just take the boat and you're there. A lot cheaper than going Stockholm-Malmö-Stockholm-Gothenburg-Stockholm anyway :lol:
just don't think you won't die
by a woman's hand
plus i might hurt you
_emma_
Overbomber

Dear PIB. If you lived in one of the countries that the Sisters have rarely (or never) visited before, I'm sure you'd have a very different point of view.
Unless your recent rather acerbic comments (I'm keeping an eye on you here :twisted:) are meant as just another joke of yours, I might never forgive you. :wink: :P :D
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

yuija wrote:Lovely, just take the boat and you're there. A lot cheaper than going Stockholm-Malmö-Stockholm-Gothenburg-Stockholm anyway :lol:
:eek:
Ok, the trains from Malmö to Gothenburg are maybe not the best ones...but surely not that bad?? :lol:
canon docre
Overbomber

:eek: this festival is metal as f**k. :eek: ;D
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote::eek: this festival is metal as f**k. :eek: ;D
Jess, I've no idea what the line-up is, but I trust you, I love your turn of phrase, and I assume (rightly I'm sure) that your turn of phrase means that this is gonna be a good festival. :twisted: Jammy Finnish gits. :innocent: 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Sredna
Road Kill

This is good news! Don't think they'll play Norway though, even after Luxembourg, Slovakia, Bosnia, Finland etc.

Quart Festival maybe..They are known to cash out and once paid TRBNGR a million crowns (delivered cash!) for their re-union show.

So TSOM dropped Oslo for Copenhagen? I found it odd they played in Malmo, most bands play Copenhagen, Gothenbourg, Oslo...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Sredna wrote: So TSOM dropped Oslo for Copenhagen? I found it odd they played in Malmo, most bands play Copenhagen, Gothenbourg, Oslo...
It's not so dramatic I think - it cost them one day less in their schedule to take Copenhagen instead. They have an excellent opportunity to make up for that now, as I'm sure there are more Sisters fans in Norway than in Denmark. And...they did miss Stockholm as well... :innocent:
yuija
Road Kill

Ok, the trains from Malmö to Gothenburg are maybe not the best ones...but surely not that bad??
Well, well a classic case of bad planning really :innocent: . Sisters is a family matter here, so three out of four made sure we didn't work that Tuesday. To make a long story short with not booking train tickets on time and so on we came to the conclusion that driving back and forth would be the best (don't ask how we reached that conclusion, we somehow thought it was a good idea).

Just a note for future driving plans: if you want to go from Stockholm to Gothenburg do not take the E20. It almost made us late for the Gothenburg gig. Arriving just before nine and parking right next to the tour bus :P
by a woman's hand
plus i might hurt you
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Dubai and Tokyo in the fall. You heard it here first.
Drsisters

I used to be a friend of trains, but, no more :D
Much cheaper these day to travel by air then travel by train.
Stockholm-Malmoe 40 euro.
Gothenburg-Stockholm 40 euro.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
yuija
Road Kill

Times four and it is cheaper to go by car, especially if you drive a small tiny Corsa. 8)
by a woman's hand
plus i might hurt you
Drsisters

yuija wrote:
Times four and it is cheaper to go by car, especially if you drive a small tiny Corsa. 8)
Yeah. Car is nice but NOT when you have to drive 200-300 mil in couple of days. Then I prefer the fashion of flights and drinking :D
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
yuija
Road Kill

Well it is more a question of cost over comfort.
by a woman's hand
plus i might hurt you