Ever forgotten about a CD..........

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

...........and put it on after not listening to it for years and think to your self, "why don't I listen to this more often?".

Been listening to this for two days now :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
aims
Overbomber

Thought this was going to be a weeding admission from the title :lol:
christophe
Overbomber

all the time.
I have lots of records i don't play often but just when you wouldn't expect it you feel the need to put them on again :notworthy:
for example some old ska and skapunk stuff :innocent:
Andie
Overbomber

freaky Keith...

i did the same this afternoon when i chose this
for the car
Last edited by Andie on 15 May 2006, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Quite frequently as I forget about the cd's I actually own and spend too much time listening to new stuff I have got from Soulseek, and I never manage to keep up with all of that either :roll:

I did have a death metal reunion the other week which was excellent
ruffers
Overbomber

Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

scotty wrote:
Been listening to this for two days now :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Indeedly, currently going through some Miles Hunt acoustic nonsense-some of which is Stuffies
It be a small world after all.....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Every time I put the Banshees on. Siouxsie soundtracked my teens, literally listened to some of those albums (the mid-period ones and Once/Twice Upon A Time) every single day. They will always have pride of place in my record collection :notworthy: .

Occasionally I go back even further to the stuff I was listening to in my preteen years, dig out The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers - I got that when I was 13 and the lyrics caught me on the level of being a lonely, isolated and very unhappy kid - basically the out-and-out misery of it all. The intellectualism of the band (or Richey James at least) also appealed but it was only once I got older that I got all the references. Great sound - like Joy Division cranked up to 11... cracking basslines. Genuinely a pretty harrowing album though.
Also Suede (*cough* Paul! :innocent: :twisted: ), Portishead...

And back to where it all began, the goddamn Beatles (Rubber Soul onwards, esp the George Harrison tracks 8) ).

From my earlier Goff-ish days - say mid-teens onwards... I sort of got back into Tori Amos recently, she's a bit of a Yankee self-help book reading tampon head at times, but she does bang out a nice choon.

Ooh, another track I remember sticking on quite recently that I hadn't heard for yoinks was "Public Image" by PIL...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Recently dug out Screamadelica from the vaults (whilst looking for something else).

*drifts off again*
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

nope never :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote: Also Suede (*cough* Paul! :innocent: :twisted: )
Played one their albums this weekend. First time in years.... :D
I think someone set my soul alight
mh
Above the Chemist

This is my all-time one:

Bought it, put it aside for a bit, did something else, forgot about it for a while. 6 months later, digging through some records, found it again, put it on ("hmmm - don;t even remember buying that, wonder what it's like?") and WOW.

It's now one of my favourite ever LPs.

Goes to show, really.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
canon docre
Overbomber

scotty wrote:...........and put it on after not listening to it for years and think to your self, "why don't I listen to this more often?".
yep, happens to me all the time. But after a few listenings I think, ah well, it can go back in the vault for the next few years. so it happened to Siouxie, Bauhaus and Joy Division lately. When the time of a record is over than it's over, I can just recall the memories of past glories by listening to it again.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I recently found What's The Story Morning Glory by Oasis, my first rock album :)
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

always amazed at the clarity & quality of Joy Division music.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I forgot about my own CD. I'm burning a ton more copies of it now, to go get them printed and sold.
I have to remember to ask a friend to do a remix or two. They may end up as dance songs, but that's not a problem.

And when it comes to remembering CDs that I like.. well, I remembered that I still had scotty's Rosetta Stone compilation in my CD drive after 3 days.. you can tell I don't listen to CDs much.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

boudicca wrote: Occasionally I go back even further to the stuff I was listening to in my preteen years, dig out The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers - I got that when I was 13 and the lyrics caught me on the level of being a lonely, isolated and very unhappy kid - basically the out-and-out misery of it all. The intellectualism of the band (or Richey James at least) also appealed but it was only once I got older that I got all the references. Great sound - like Joy Division cranked up to 11... cracking basslines. Genuinely a pretty harrowing album though.
All the girls I know own Holy Bible, and say exactly the same. I guess it's one of those Anthem's for Growing Up Goth Girls.

Before the advent of MP3, I was on various Sisters compilations gathered from eldritchboulevard. Now, everything's on the hard drive. The only CDs are the various CD- and DVD-R's holding the back-ups.

Which means, basically, no album is out of listen for more than a month really.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I recently picked up 'Cresta' by The Hollow Men from Amazon, after seeing it mentioned on a football forum of all places. I had it on cassette format years ago, but hadn't listened to the whole album at one sitting for ages. It was a pleasent trip down memory lane.

Another of Choques near misses with fame!
Give me one good reason
scotty
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:I recently picked up 'Cresta' by The Hollow Men from Amazon, after seeing it mentioned on a football forum of all places. I had it on cassette format years ago, but hadn't listened to the whole album at one sitting for ages. It was a pleasent trip down memory lane.

Another of Choques near misses with fame!
Swapsies? :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
hallucienate
Overbomber

I found an album I'd forgotten about:
Battery 9 - Strop :notworthy:

Afrikaans industrial and bloody amazing. Download low bit rate samples from the sounds link here
meat is murder
Road Kill

with moving, i discovered and listened to a lot of albums i hadn't listened to in a while... felt great to listen to spk, the moon lay hidden beneath a cloud & hybryds again and will be doing that more in the future...

discovered a lot more music that i won't be playing soon again as well... :oops:
SISTERS OF THE NEPHILIM
Road Kill

yes, it was called ' A Slight Case Of Over Bombing'.....the rest is history...
yuija
Road Kill

Right now I am rediscovering my Throwing Muses collection. Kristin Hersh was really important to me growing up. She screemed enough for both of us, so i didn't have to. Therapy at its best!
just don't think you won't die
by a woman's hand
plus i might hurt you